Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.....Town

Was the truth truly before the southern culture as clearly and distinctly as it was before the northern culture?

If you are uneducated and your religion backs up your culture, you will be tone deaf to the high phalluten ways of the educated Yankees. I take it you feel this plays no part in the responsibility that culture had for their way of life? You are inviting the idea that the people of the north were a morally superior people to the people of the south. Are you sure you want to stand by that idea?

You know he lives in Alabama, right?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.

Was the truth truly before the southern culture as clearly and distinctly as it was before the northern culture?
No, it was more apparent. You could live with some distance in the north, unless you listened to the voices of experience or were inclined to read. The people of the South had that evil, the degradation, among them.

If you are uneducated and your religion backs up your culture, you will be tone deaf to the high phalluten ways of the educated Yankees.
God didn't absolve Sodom. I won't absolve the South. No one should. There's nothing to wrap that in that could.

You are inviting the idea that the people of the north were a morally superior people to the people of the south.
No, I've spoken numerous times on the Molasses to Rum to Slaves trade, the prosperity of the North, from textile to transport that enriched it on the back of that same trade and its byproduct.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nazis and white supremacists/racists have clearly stated it was Trump who gave them new life. So no surprise you didn't hear so much about them before Trump's candidacy.

You said when bammy was running it was because there weren't hardly any left in America. Did bammy create them? Was he so bad that most of america became racists?

It cant be both ways anna, your mask is off.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You said when bammy was running it was because there weren't hardly any left in America.
Did she? You should definitely quote that. I'd love to see the optimism of that.

Did bammy create them?
Nah. They've always been around. People like Trump just draw them back into a comfort level.

It cant be both ways anna, your mask is off.
Maybe she was simply more hopeful than ultimately warranted. Maybe you aren't remembering correctly. Either way your comment is the only thing off here.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You said when bammy was running it was because there weren't hardly any left in America. Did bammy create them? Was he so bad that most of america became racists?

It wasn't that. When Obama was elected, some of them were so outraged, they emerged from their sewers into the daylight for the first time in a long time.

Trump gave them hope and a leader.

But he can't give them respect; they are still despised as ever by decent people.

drbrumley

Berkeley Police Arrest 13 Protesters In Connection To Antifa Violence

The Antifa protest was staged as a counter to a “No to Marxism” rally that never happened, but was slated to take place at the Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park. Despite the cancellation of the anti-Marxist rally, over 4,000 people — mainly leftists and Antifa members — showed up to protest.
Many of them chanted slogans like “No Trump, no wall, no USA at all.”

randomvim

The Antifa protest was staged as a counter to a “No to Marxism” rally that never happened, but was slated to take place at the Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park. Despite the cancellation of the anti-Marxist rally, over 4,000 people — mainly leftists and Antifa members — showed up to protest.
I like empty rallies to have these people show up to nothing. lets have a rally in desert.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

Did she? You should definitely quote that. I'd love to see the optimism of that.

Nah. They've always been around. People like Trump just draw them back into a comfort level.

Maybe she was simply more hopeful than ultimately warranted. Maybe you aren't remembering correctly. Either way your comment is the only thing off here.

She still doesn't seem to realize that she's on anna's ignore list either.

fool

Hall of Fame
ism!

But then you didn't. Don't mistake me, any sort of effort is better than the sum of what came before it from the right, but I didn't ask if the people who fly those flags (some in error, some in malice) or the various racists who nestle under the umbrella of a conservative banner can be found there. Anyone with eyes can see they do. They're over the moon for Trump, for Pete's sake.
This is the same issue you dodged before in the Judge Murial thread.
You argued that just because Trump was going to send the Illegals back didn't mean that a Hispanic Judge who belonged to a Hispanic Lawyers Association wouldn't have a conflict of interest.

Me voting for Trump and wanting to follow our immigration laws may put me in in an overlap with the Nazis and Confederate flag idiots on a Ven diagram. But that doesn't mean I support their ideas or have somehow soiled myself because of the overlap.

Do you eat eggs for breakfast? Are you going to stop when you find out that they do as well?
I asked my friends to the right to consider why. And maybe in the answer to that is another sort of mission.
Well let's get going then.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I read an article about this and this part stood out to me:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/free-speech-safety-debated-rally-turns-violent-49475559

Berkeley Police Chief Andrew Greenwood said he ordered officers to abandon the park when the black-clad activists arrived. Confronting them would have risked escalating the violence and jeopardizing the safety of the peaceful protesters, Greenwood said.

The mayor said the police acted appropriately, saying the anarchists "were trying to provoke the police."

I wonder what the reaction would be had they been confederate flag waving activists. :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Me voting for Trump and wanting to follow our immigration laws may put me in in an overlap with the Nazis and Confederate flag idiots on a Ven diagram. But that doesn't mean I support their ideas or have somehow soiled myself because of the overlap.
:thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your memory is faulty.

You argued that just because Trump was going to send the Illegals back didn't mean that a Hispanic Judge who belonged to a Hispanic Lawyers Association wouldn't have a conflict of interest.
As I recall you had the wrong association in mind. The one he was involved in was essentially a bar group. My actual problem with Trump on the point was calling an American born judge a Mexican so he could slather him with the appearance of a thing no one had ever stuck to the guy. It was marginally racist and played to the low lifes who tend to nod to that sort of thing.

I've actually (and more than once) said that to be a conservative isn't necessarily to be or like Nazis.

Do you eat eggs for breakfast? Are you going to stop when you find out that they do as well?
No. Because what we have in common is biology, not ideology. Now if what we have in common is a suspicion of minorities, a sense of entitlement encroached upon that lets many of us feel like we've "given" or "allowed" as much as we want to and it's time to do something about it...that's another thing.

Well let's get going then.
You won't do it with the sort of analogy you just launched.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So what did Trump say to give them hope and become their leader?

It's what he did, too. He made sure that black people couldn't rent his apartments, by labeling their applications "C" for "colored."

He lied about thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11.

He said that there are good people among nazis and white supremacists.

And they very much appreciate his support.

rexlunae

He didn't dodge the issue. You failed to comprehend his point. There's a difference.

Right. That's not in itself a conflict of interest. It is, in fact, racist to assume that only white judges can transcend their racial identities, and political persuasions, and make judgements on the basis of law.

Every judge comes from someplace.

You're not a Nazi. You just vote for Nazis. Great. Thank you for that important distinction.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's what he did, too. He made sure that black people couldn't rent his apartments, by labeling their applications "C" for "colored."
When you OWN rental property, you have the control to rent to whomever you want.
Surely you do not approve of a government that holds a gun to your head and forces you to rent to someone you don't want to rent to.

We don't know the number of how many muslims celebrated it in Jersey.
But we know many did, with their gleeful approval.

What difference are you equating between a good nazi and a bad nazi?
If a nazi is standing on a street corner doing nothing but sharing his viewpoint, and a BLM member comes up and takes a punch at him ....... then the "bad" guy is the BKM member and the "good" guy is the nazi.

And they very much appreciate his support.
They would certainly like his support of free speech.
But Trump has voiced disdain for the KKK several times.
Surely you do not consider that to be SUPPORT of every KKK ideology and actions.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When you OWN rental property, you have the control to rent to whomever you want.
Surely you do not approve of a government that holds a gun to your head and forces you to rent to someone you don't want to rent to.
Meanwhile, it was a RACIST thing to do.

Meanwhile, he lied about it.

If a nazi is standing on a street corner doing nothing but sharing his viewpoint,
His racist, Nazi viewpoint.

and a BLM member comes up and takes a punch at him ....... then the "bad" guy is the BKM member and the "good" guy is the nazi.
No, the person who supports the black lives matters movement would be a law breaker then, have made a wrong decision in how to confront. The bad guy would still be the Nazi.

And just to help you out, the Nazi will always be a bad guy, behaving or not.

But Trump has voiced disdain for the KKK several times.
As robotically as possible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, it was a RACIST thing to do.
Hardly.

Meanwhile, he lied about it.
There were muslims celebrating.
Do you think they were "good" to celebrate?

His racist, Nazi viewpoint.
That he has every right to have and voice.

No, the person who supports the black lives matters movement would be a law breaker then, have made a wrong decision in how to confront. The bad guy would still be the Nazi.
Wow.
So you DO approve of violence to shut up one with a viewpoint different than yours.
No surprise there.

And just to help you out, the Nazi will always be a bad guy, behaving or not.
Classic leftist guilt by association, rather than individual behavior.

As robotically as possible.
Your biased opinion.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Trump has every right to be a racist. However, there are laws about housing discrimination. So he went a step beyond merely being a racist.

Surely you do not approve of a government that holds a gun to your head

They held a gun to his head? Oh, wait, you're just making up stuff to make your story better. Sorry.

and forces you to rent to someone you don't want to rent to.

Actually, you can't legally discriminate on the basis of sex, religion, race or national origin. Otherwise, you're free to discriminate as much as you like. As you point out, Trump is a racist and so found himself in legal trouble as a result of his letting his personal moral failure lead him into violating the law.

Barbarian observes:

In fact, he lied about it. Claimed to have seen it on television, making it easy to expose his lie.

But we know many did, with their gleeful approval.

Show us that "many" did in New Jersey. (prediction: no evidence will be forthcoming)

Barbarian observes:

What difference are you equating between a good nazi and a bad nazi?

It's the same difference between flying elephants and non-flying elephants.

If a nazi is standing on a street corner doing nothing but sharing his viewpoint

Then he's a really bad person. He just isn't as bad as the people Trump was commending as "good."

and a BLM member comes up and takes a punch at him ...

Sort of like if a nun comes up and mugs him? I recognize that BLM denounces violence, but I realize you're tossing out a hypothetical situation. In that case, the nazi is still a sleazy racist, but he's a sleazy racist who has been unjustly assaulted.

.... then the "bad" guy is the BKM member and the "good" guy is the nazi.

No. Being assaulted doesn't make him a good guy. He's still evil.

They would certainly like his support of free speech.

He's in favor of free speech for white sumpremacists and nazis. But not for anyone who opposes him. He's on record as favoring repeal or revision of the first amendment.