All the Feasts are fulfilled? That's Full Preterism!

Drake Shelton

The sabbath, the harvest feasts and the feast of trumpets are shadows of the final state, the Resurrection, the judgment and the 2nd coming. If you say all these sabbaths are fulfilled and therefore done away with, you have to believe in Full Preterism, that the final state, the Resurrection, the judgment and the 2nd coming have already happened.

https://southernisraelite.wordpress.com/

iouae

Jesus kept them, and commanded His saints to wait in Jerusalem for Pentecost. So the church was keeping feasts after Christ's death.

A good rule is that if Christ keeps some thing, and tells about Him keeping something in the NT, it might be a hint for us to be followers of Him in that.

JonahofAkron

Jesus kept them, and commanded His saints to wait in Jerusalem for Pentecost. So the church was keeping feasts after Christ's death.

A good rule is that if Christ keeps some thing, and tells about Him keeping something in the NT, it might be a hint for us to be followers of Him in that.
Excellent point.

bybee

The sabbath, the harvest feasts and the feast of trumpets are shadows of the final state, the Resurrection, the judgment and the 2nd coming. If you say all these sabbaths are fulfilled and therefore done away with, you have to believe in Full Preterism, that the final state, the Resurrection, the judgment and the 2nd coming have already happened.

I could be wrong and am open to proof but, it doesn't seem to me that this is the case. We appear to be in a state of expectancy for the "eschaton"?

HisServant

Jews.. even messanic ones are scared to death of Preterism... because it nullifies their entire religion and their false hope of clinging onto Jews being the 'chosen ones'.

Abraham was given the promise... the Jews were given a task, at which they failed miserably at each and every step... and the purpose of that task is no longer relevant (to point to the coming messiah).

It's over for the Jews... finished... done... you can stick a fork in them.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jews.. even messanic ones are scared to death of Preterism... because it nullifies their entire religion and their false hope of clinging onto Jews being the 'chosen ones'.

Abraham was given the promise... the Jews were given a task, at which they failed miserably at each and every step... and the purpose of that task is no longer relevant (to point to the coming messiah).

They didn't get the memo

bybee

The Nazi's fried up about 6,000,000 0f them ... men, women children, babies, slaughtered, gassed, shot, burned, used for hideous medical experiments.

HisServant

The Nazi's fried up about 6,000,000 0f them ... men, women children, babies, slaughtered, gassed, shot, burned, used for hideous medical experiments.

So... there have also been other ethnic groups subjected to the same ordeal.. like the Armenians in Turkey.. Stalin killed more ethnic groups in Russia than Hitler killed Jews, etc.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet, to occur:

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle....
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations.....
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

HisServant

Yet, to occur:

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

That is the old testament... if you believe it is future, then you have to come to the conclusion that Jesus was a failure.

SaulToPaul 2

Yet, to occur:

It hasn't, but it will.

:up:

musterion

Yet, to occur:

Tet says that can't be taken literally.

Darby dood it.

genuineoriginal

That is the old testament... if you believe it is future, then you have to come to the conclusion that Jesus was a failure.

We can be like you and think Jesus is a failure, or we can come to the conclusion that it is your understanding of scripture that is a failure.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I challenge anyone to show me a legitimate photograph of the Mt of Olives split in half with a valley running through the middle of it from east to west.

HisServant

I challenge anyone to show me a legitimate photograph of the Mt of Olives split in half with a valley running through the middle of it from east to west.

I challenge you to research what that verse would have meant to a first century Jew.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I challenge you to research what that verse would have meant to a first century Jew.

Literal, like this?

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.
Zec 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.