ECT A Two-Fold Foundation

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
OK, so is Paul including himself with Peter as an Apostle in 1st Corinthians 9:5 (KJV), based on the context?
He is defending the fact that he is an apostle.
So, yes?
Not all apostles are identical or have identical missions. Jesus was an apostle (Heb 3:1).
OK.
Quit trying to force the Bible to agree with your favorite doctrines
I'm not doing that.
and start believing what it actually says.
I do, already.

Danoh

In 1st Corinthians 9:5 (KJV), is Paul separating out Cephas from "other apostles," or is Peter included in that group?

Lol - as one Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher friend is ever putting that kind of thing - "its the same, but different."

Same operating principle, different in application.

Same foundation: The Lord, different ministry for each: Peter's Apostleship according to that which was Prophesied since the world began; Paul's according to that which was Kept Secret since the world began.

The same, but different.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards ya; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Lol - as one Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher friend is ever putting that kind of thing - "its the same, but different."

Same operating principle, different in application.

Same foundation: The Lord, different ministry for each: Peter's Apostleship according to that which was Prophesied since the world began; Paul's according to that which was Kept Secret since the world began.

The same, but different.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards ya; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.
"The same, but different" means your answer is "yes, and no?" I read what you wrote, as a possible explanation, but it doesn't explain enough (to me) for why the answer isn't just "yes," or "no," rather than "yes, and no," which is how I read "the same, but different:" "Yes and No."

The passage doesn't read to me like it's nuanced, just ambiguous, which is like John 1:1 KJV, but in that case we've got John 1:14 KJV to remove ambiguity, but I don't know that there's any such verse to help with the ambiguity in 1st Corinthians 9:5 KJV.

Maybe it's more nuanced than I'm seeing. I just want to know if Paul, in that verse, 1st Corinthians 9:5 KJV, means that Peter is among the "other apostles," or not. I don't understand why he would be, and would not be, at the same time, given the context, particularly the thrust of this portion of his epistle to this diocese (the Church diocese in Corinth), in which I see what Right Divider said:
He is defending the fact that he is an apostle.
That's what it looks like to me too.

I don't know what happened to the Corinthian church; they were obviously a diocese once, Paul wrote two epistles to them, and maybe 40 years later, the archbishop of the Roman diocese (which is still around) wrote an epistle to them that is also preserved. Have you ever compared the Corinthian epistles from Paul, and from Clement, just to see if there's any overlap or contrast between their content, or development? It's just a thought, it would be interesting to see any differences between 1st & 2nd Corinthians, and Clement's epistle to that same Church diocese.

DAN P

Peter and Paul have the same gospel. Why else did Paul say Peter was acting out of line with the gospel when he kept himself from saved Gentiles? Think.

Himand the answer is in Gal 2:14 , is that Peter was proselyting and Paul said to Peter , Since you being a Jew , LIVE like a Gentile , and NOT after the manner of the Jews , why do you compel the gentiles to ADOPT Jewish Customs ? THINKKKKKKKKK !!

san p

Right Divider

Body part
"The same, but different" means your answer is "yes, and no?" I read what you wrote, as a possible explanation, but it doesn't explain enough (to me) for why the answer isn't just "yes," or "no," rather than "yes, and no," which is how I read "the same, but different:" "Yes and No."

The passage doesn't read to me like it's nuanced, just ambiguous, which is like John 1:1 KJV, but in that case we've got John 1:14 KJV to remove ambiguity, but I don't know that there's any such verse to help with the ambiguity in 1st Corinthians 9:5 KJV.

Maybe it's more nuanced than I'm seeing. I just want to know if Paul, in that verse, 1st Corinthians 9:5 KJV, means that Peter is among the "other apostles," or not. I don't understand why he would be, and would not be, at the same time, given the context, particularly the thrust of this portion of his epistle to this diocese (the Church diocese in Corinth), in which I see what Right Divider said:
That's what it looks like to me too.

I don't know what happened to the Corinthian church; they were obviously a diocese once, Paul wrote two epistles to them, and maybe 40 years later, the archbishop of the Roman diocese (which is still around) wrote an epistle to them that is also preserved. Have you ever compared the Corinthian epistles from Paul, and from Clement, just to see if there's any overlap or contrast between their content, or development? It's just a thought, it would be interesting to see any differences between 1st & 2nd Corinthians, and Clement's epistle to that same Church diocese.
You need to take off those RCC glasses if you ever expect to actually understand the Bible.

DAN P

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

At this point, the Nation Israel has been concluded as "WERE nigh."

Hi and the context of Eph 2:1-22 is about the B O C , seated in the heavenlies , verse 6 , and in verse 12 where ALIENATED from Israel , and verse 14 , broke down the middle wall of partition , and in verse 17 and having come He Himself preached the Gospel to you , and the ones FAR off and to the near ones !!

When did He preach to the Gentiles , the ones a far off ??>

And who are the near ones , in verse 17??

I believe that God used Paul to preach to Gentiles who were a FAR OFF and to the NEAR ONES !!

You say the NATION has been drawn nigh !! WRONG 11

2Cor 3:16 applies here as God ONLY saved individual Jews and not the NATION and before Paul wrote Tph , Israel had ALREADY been set aside and as Paul says , EVEN UNTIL THIS DAY Israel is GONE , 2 Cor 15 has a VAIL covering there heart !!

So , explain where is Israel TODAY , has God split them off OR when he combine them under one Foundation ??

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

Hi and the context of Eph 2:1-22 is about the B O C , seated in the heavenlies , verse 6 , and in verse 12 where ALIENATED from Israel , and verse 14 , brokr down the middle wall of partition , and in verse 17 and having come He Himself preached the Gospel to you , and the ones FAR off and to the near ones !!

When did He preach to the Gentiles , the ones a fae off ??>

And who are the near ones , in verse 17??

I believe that God used Paul to preach to Gentiles who were a FAR OFF and to the NEAR ONES !!

You say the NATION has been drawn nigh !! WRONG 11

2Cor 3:16 applies here as God ONLY saved individual Jews and not the NATION and before Paul wrote Tph , Israel had ALREADY been set aside and as Paul says , EVEN UNTIL THIS DAY Israel is GONE , 2 Cor 15 has a VAIL covering there heart !!

So , explain where is Israel TODAY , has God split them off OR when he combine them under one Foundation ??

dan p

You haven't understood one word I said.

It is obvious from your words what YOU think I'd meant.

You are attempting to correct what YOU think I'd meant.

I swear, bro - consistently, you're like some sort of a Don Quixote of Mid-Acts.

I'll post something, or say, some other fellow MAD'll post something, and you end up responding to some windmill of a conclusion you imagined about what was meant, that was never asserted to begin with :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Himand the answer is in Gal 2:14 , is that Peter was proselyting and Paul said to Peter , Since you being a Jew , LIVE like a Gentile , and NOT after the manner of the Jews , why do you compel the gentiles to ADOPT Jewish Customs ? THINKKKKKKKKK !!

san p

You are missing the point. Paul doesn't say Peter has another gospel and that is why he is keeping himself from the uncircumcised Gentiles. Paul says Peter was acting out of line with the truth. The one and only truth. Why was Peter acting out of line with the truth? Because Peter was afraid of the Jews.

DAN P

You haven't understood one word I said.

It is obvious from your words what YOU think I'd meant.

You are attempting to correct what YOU think I'd meant.

I swear, bro - consistently, you're like some sort of a Don Quixote of Mid-Acts.

I'll post something, or say, some other fellow MAD'll post something, and you end up responding to some windmill of a conclusion you imagined about what was meant, that was never asserted to begin with :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

Hi , and what did you mean , ONE FOUNDATION for Jews and Gentiles ?

In the Body of Christ , THERE ARE NO Jews or GENTILES but a new CREATION !!

Notice that Gal 3:28 begins with THERE CAN NOT BE Jews NOR GREEKS and than in Col 3:11 it starts with THERE CAN NOT BE GREEK and JEW , do you see that difference , TELL ME WHY if you can ??

dan p

DAN P

You are missing the point. Paul doesn't say Peter has another gospel and that is why he is keeping himself from the uncircumcised Gentiles. Paul says Peter was acting out of line with the truth. The one and only truth. Why was Peter acting out of line with the truth? Because Peter was afraid of the Jews.

Hi and read Gal 2:7 Paul was given the Gospel of THE UN-CIRCUMCISION or to preach to Gentiles !!

In Gal 2:7 Peter was given of THE CIRCUMCISION !!

Please notice that the Greek text does not call Peter THE GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION ,because the Greek word GOSPEL is not in the Greek text , can you explain WHY ??

When you give up , I will tell you WHY !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and read Gal 2:7 Paul was given the Gospel of THE UN-CIRCUMCISION or to preach to Gentiles !!

In Gal 2:7 Peter was given of THE CIRCUMCISION !!

Please notice that the Greek text does not call Peter THE GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION ,because the Greek word GOSPEL is not in the Greek text , can you explain WHY ??

When you give up , I will tell you WHY !!

dan p

Okay, so you're a cross between a Don Quixote (imagining things in the posts of others they never asserted) and the Wizard of Oz (some little man hiding behind some purported higher wisdom) demanding you be kow towed to before you'll share your supposed gems :chuckle:

You remind me of a nevertheless favorite old guy I once knew, who I got yo know after he was up in his years.

Often I'd drop in on him after he'd returned to his home from a Sunday service he was a loyal attendee of.

Without fail, the first thing out of his mouth would be an "I'll bet you don't know why" this; that; or the other "in the Bible."

That's you, DanP - God luv ya :)

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:6-8.