Theology Club: A Debate Between an A9D and an A28D

DAN P

question for any MADist, this may be a dumb question but how does Grace and being sealed by the Holy Spirit and the Bema seat of Christ coincide ?
being judged it says, for the actions of our earthly bodies

2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV

Hi and 2 Cor 5:10 COMPLEMENTS 1 Cor 3:6-16 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and Luke 13:6=9 says that Israel was set aside after His death , but sentence was not CARRIED OUT until 70 AD !!

It is very interesting passage and in verse 6 has 6 verb tenses 2 in the Imperfect tense , on in the Present tense and 2 in the Aorist tense and that is just in one verse , so see what they mean !!

If Israel was set aside at the Cross then why do we see Peter telling the nation that if she repented then the Lord Jesus would be sent back so the nation could enjoy the times of refreshment from his presence?:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you" (Acts 3:19-20).​

Jerry Shugart

I said:

It is one's "faith" which overcomes the world.

Here is your answer:

I didn't really expect that you would believe it even though that is what is written in the Bible:

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 Jn.5:4).​

If you disagree then give your interpretation of what John wrote there.

Do you deny that you are a child of Go"? Do you deny that one can only be a child of God by being "born of God"?

All you are doing is trying to change the subject so no one will see that you deny that that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God receive life as a result:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

musterion

Careful. Jerry will tell an apostle on you and they'll, I dunno, turn you over to Satan or something.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry will isolate a verse from 1 John and ignore the rest. Why?

Because you said that no one has overcome the world but Jesus Christ. That is why I quoted this verse from 1 John:

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 Jn.5:4).​

All those who have true faith have overcome the world. And whosoever is born of God has overcome the world so it is obvious that the Jews described here overcame the world:

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (Jn.1:11-13).​

Instead of actually addressing these verses which I quoted you changed the subject as fast as you could. Running and hiding again.

SaulToPaul 2

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" (Jn.1:11-13).​

Instead of actually addressing these verses which I quoted you changed the subject as fast as you could. Running and hiding again.

1 John 2
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Do you, Jerry, do righteousness 100% of the time?
What percentage is acceptable to call yourself a son?

Jerry Shugart

You haven't overcome, even as the LORD Jesus overcame.
Time to be honest.

I never said that I overcame in the sense that the Lord Jesus did. But you are changing the subject because earlier you said that only the Lord Jesus has overcome the world so evidently the meaning of these words escapes you:

Since the Jews who received the Lord Jesus while he walked the earth were indeed "born of God" then they overcame the world:

Do you deny that those Jews overcame the world?

Or will you deny what is so plain and continue to insist that no one but the Lord Jesus ever overcame the world?

Once again your choice is believeing the Scriptures or denying them. Let's see which choice you will make.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

1 John 2
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

I believe the answer to this question was not found in the script.

Jerry Shugart

Time to be honest.

I never said that I overcame in the sense that the Lord Jesus did. But you are changing the subject because earlier you said that only the Lord Jesus has overcome the world so evidently the meaning of these words escapes you:

Since the Jews who received the Lord Jesus while he walked the earth were indeed "born of God" then they overcame the world:

Or will you deny what is so plain and continue to insist that no one but the Lord Jesus ever overcame the world?

Once again your choice is believeing the Scriptures or denying them. Let's see which choice you will make.

SaulToPaul 2

Why haven't you?

Aren't the churches of Revelation the Body of Christ?

Danoh

Why haven't you?

Not necessarily. As in your re-script of the Romans, et al :)chuckle:), in Jerry's re-script - of 1 Corinthians 12:13 - the saints in the Book of Revelation get in the Body after the Lord returns - you know, so they can be part of "and so shall we ever be with the Lord" on, per Jerry's re-script, the Earth.

SaulToPaul 2

Not necessarily. As in your re-script of the Romans, et al :)chuckle:), in Jerry's re-script - of 1 Corinthians 12:13 - the saints in the Book of Revelation get in the Body after the Lord returns - you know, so they can be part of "and so shall we ever be with the Lord" on, per Jerry's re-script, the Earth.

Trying to get a handle on Jerry, then:

1. John writes a gospel (not for the Body)
2. John writes epistles (for the Body)
3. John writes Revelation (for both?)

What a mixed bag of nuts...

SaulToPaul 2

1 John 2

Jerry Shugart

Why haven't you?

Once again you do not even attempt to address these points which I made:

Time to be honest.

I might as well be debating the wall because neither you nor the wall are able to have an intelligent discussion on this subject.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Once again you do not even attempt toaddress these points which I made:

I might as well be debating the wall because neither you nor the wall are able to have an intelligent discussion on this subject.

Why haven't you?