2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

way 2 go

I think "this world" is important, too, but have you ever looked at this in the Jewish Bible?
2 Corinthians 4:4
4 They do not come to trust because the god of the ‘olam hazeh has blinded their minds, in order to prevent them from seeing the light shining from the Good News about the glory of the Messiah, who is the image of God.​

This from wikipedia...

Also, God has always, and will always rule in the kingdom of men.
Daniel 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.​

:think:

ylt
2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving,

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this worldG165

G165 aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age

glorydaz

:think:

ylt
2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving,

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this worldG165

G165 aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age

I know, but the verse never seemed right. Every time I read it, it felt wrong. To give satan the power to blind men. :nono: True, satan works on those who are unbelievers, but this so beyond his power and was predicted long ago, and it's spoken over while Jesus walked among us. The parables, and Paul's teachings in Romans 9-11.

Look at the context, and look at the what the Lord has promised He would do. We know He removes mercies from those who abuse them, and that's exactly what the Jews did when they crucified the Lord of Glory.

This is God talking here....about what He would do.

Isaiah 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sounds a lot like God's UNtruth.

Who amr?

This from his link.

It is clear that the terms “Father,” “Son,” and “Holy Ghost” cannot imply three different persons, personalities, wills, or beings.

Jesus not having his own will?
Totally bogus.

Luke 22:42

42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I know, but the verse never seemed right. Every time I read it, it felt wrong. To give satan the power to blind men. :nono: True, satan works on those who are unbelievers, but this so beyond his power and was predicted long ago, and it's spoken over while Jesus walked among us. The parables, and Paul's teachings in Romans 9-11.

Look at the context, and look at the what the Lord has promised He would do. We know He removes mercies from those who abuse them, and that's exactly what the Jews did when they crucified the Lord of Glory.

This is God talking here....about what He would do.
Isaiah 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,​
With 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV - I don't give credit to satan for blinding the minds of of unbelievers but rather that the workings of satan and the state of this world has caused some to be "lost" and they do not see nor hear the gospel. I don't know if that makes sense but maybe I could say it better after some thought. I just chalk it up to the rudiments of this world and who made it this way through lies and deception. I have to wonder why satan has so much power to begin with and why he is allowed to keep it up for so long.

glorydaz

With 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV - I don't give credit to satan for blinding the minds of of unbelievers but rather that the workings of satan and the state of this world has caused some to be "lost" and they do not see nor hear the gospel. I don't know if that makes sense but maybe I could say it better after some thought. I just chalk it up to the rudiments of this world and who made it this way through lies and deception. I have to wonder why satan has so much power to begin with and why he is allowed to keep it up for so long.

Yeah, I don't give him credit for blinding, either, now that I think about it more. And greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. :)

Did you read what was prophesied in Isaiah that it was God who blinded the Jews? I think Paul is still speaking of this blinding (from the previous chapter).

2 Cor. 3:13-16 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.​

It's not like they didn't deserve to be blinded.

Romans 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

But, of course, God had a plan....

Romans 11:10-11 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.​

glorydaz

Who amr?

This from his link.

Jesus not having his own will?
Totally bogus.

Luke 22:42

42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

I'm glad you agree.

The part you quoted was: "Per the Oneness proponent:" It's what Oneness people are saying.

Maybe you're not "oneness" after all. :thumb:

Jerry Shugart

"if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Cor.4:3-4).​

The god of this age is Satan and that is why this age is described by Paul as being an evil age:

"Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father" (Gal.1:3-4).​

If the LORD God is the god of this age then He is responsible for all the evil during this age. That is impossible because in Him there is no darkness at all (1 Jn.1:5).

Jerry Shugart

How does Satan blind the minds of people to the gospel?:

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" (2 Cor.11:14-15).​

Satan's ministers, wittingly or unwittingly, preach a counterfeit gospel of grace that declares that "works" of one kind or another are necessary in order for anyone to be saved by grace. And therefore many never hear the true gospel which saves and are never saved.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Amr is stuck in the age old running fight between trinitarianism and Jesus onlyism.

Oneness has nothing to do with either.

It reminds me of those indoctrinated in the globe earth theory, let's call it trinitarianism.

Then came the non-spinning globe, fixed earth, let's call it oneness based in anti- trinitarianism.

Then comes flat earth, the real way to look at oneness.

@amr [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] [MENTION=490]Glory[/MENTION]dayz

glorydaz

How does Satan blind the minds of people to the gospel?:

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works" (2 Cor.11:14-15).​

Satan's ministers, wittingly or unwittingly, preach a counterfeit gospel of grace that declares that "works" of one kind or another are necessary in order for anyone to be saved by grace. And therefore many never hear the true gospel which saves and are never saved.

Yep, I certainly can't disagree with that. :thumb:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yep, I certainly can't disagree with that. :thumb:

Luke 16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5 So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

glorydaz

Luke 16
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Ah, yes, which reminds me of this...

1 Corinthians 2:6-8
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.​

The wisdom of this world can, indeed, be a benefit while in this world. The unjust steward was wise to think of himself...it's all he will have.

But, the children of light are not to be concerned with the things of this world.

glorydaz

Amr is stuck in the age old running fight between trinitarianism and Jesus onlyism.

Oneness has nothing to do with either.

It reminds me of those indoctrinated in the globe earth theory, let's call it trinitarianism.

Then came the non-spinning globe, fixed earth, let's call it oneness based in anti- trinitarianism.

Then comes flat earth, the real way to look at oneness.

@amr [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] [MENTION=490]Glory[/MENTION]dayz

You crack me up. Even if you are being serious. ;)

Apple7

Every scripture that refers to Jesus Christ depicts him as loving, kind, compassionate, empathetic, and dead-set on spreading his Father's loving thoughts and commands. The Bible says "GOD IS LOVE." (I John 4:8) If Jesus was mirroring his Father, and his Father is "love," how could Jesus possibly "blind the minds of the unbelievers" so that the glorious Good News about himself! would not shine through?

How could he possibly come to the earth to tell men the Good News of wonderful things to come, but then cause men to be blinded to what he was saying? I don't think you can buttress such a ridiculous idea.

The God of the Holy Bible is a God of War.

Any serious student of scripture is cognizant of this fact.

Yahweh is a Man of war; Yahweh is His name. (Exo 15.3)

Apple7

:nono:
disagree

"this world" is the key

Joh_14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting,

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God.

Co_4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,

Mar_4:15 And these are those by the wayside, where the Word is sown. And when they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the Word that was sown in their hearts.

Satan was bound at The Cross...added proof that 2 Cor 4.4 does not pertain to Satan.