Atheist activist becomes "Christian".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This should be filed under.... if you can't beat them, join them, and destroy them from the inside out.

Remember that atheist activist dude named Patrick Greene? He was the guy that was suing the town of Athens Texas because of their Nativity display.

Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.

And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.

“There’s been one lingering thought in the back of my head my entire life, and it‘s one thought that I’ve never been able to reconcile, and that is the vast difference between all the animals and us,” Greene told The Christian Post on Tuesday, as he began to explain his recent transformation from atheist to Christian. The theory of evolution didn’t answer his questions, he says, so he just set those questions aside and didn’t think about them anymore.​

Sounds like a great story eh???

That is until you read the rest of the story....

Perhaps more surprising than Greene’s conversion — which was unexpected considering his past activism — is his plan to consider entering ministry. The Post reports that he may become a part of a liberal congregation and that he may even start his own chapter of the Rainbow Baptists, a ministry to the LGBTQ community. Greene says that he believes the Bible’s original approach to homosexuality has been altered and that he feels strongly about rectifying it.

The guy has been a "Christian" for a month and he believes that the Bible's original approach to homosexuality has been "altered"??? :doh: What do you think about a story like this? Doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that a hard-core atheist would make such a quick conversion and already be on a mission to alter the way other Christians view homosexuals?

- SOURCE

WizardofOz

Greene says that he believes the Bible’s original approach to homosexuality has been altered and that he feels strongly about rectifying it.

Did the author really have to use the word "rectifying"?

The guy has been a "Christian" for a month and he believes that the Bible's original approach to homosexuality has been "altered"??? :doh: What do you think about a story like this? Doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that a hard-core atheist would make such a quick conversion and already be on a mission to alter the way other Christians view homosexuals?

It sounds like he simply found a more preferable soapbox to :blabla: from. Yeah, I'd say he's a mole.

Email him and invite him to TOL.....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sounds like the same vanity that allowed him to feel justified in judging God to begin with is still alive and well. It isn't a matter of if he'll become an apostate, but when. And it appears he's already on his way.

Jordan Fontenot

Used to work with a church in Athens, TX. This guys is just a particular type of person. One who likes to have an opposing stance, something to fight for. I condone his passion and condemn his ignorance.

This Charming Manc

Hey, I spouted lots of crap after id been a Christian a month.

Hopefully now I spout less.

Give him a few years for God to sort his doctrine out.

...yeah I know I have left myself right open for a kicking here......... :D

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds so gay. A wolf enters the flock to kill them from inside the fold.

glorydaz

Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.

Convenient. Most people are well aware that the Christian community will help them out in time of need. His heart wasn't "warmed", his bills were paid. Guess that's heart-warming in a sense, but it sure wasn't heart transforming.

Knight said:
And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.

He's the same old man he always was, and believing we were actually "created" instead of evolved doesn't mean he's suddenly a new creature.

Knight said:

Yeah, it's beyond suspicious. Reminds me of my nephew. Everytime he goes to prison, he gets that "jail house conversion." :chuckle:

I call it infiltration. The Gay Pride Movement is flourishing, and what better place for tares than to grow among the wheat?

Cleekster

yeah....while i think it's absurd to automatically assume that someone would convert from Atheism to Orthodox[conservative] Christianity, the fact that less than a month after his supposed conversion he thinks he's equipped for the ministry is extremely suspicious.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
yeah....while i think it's absurd to automatically assume that someone would convert from Atheism to Orthodox[conservative] Christianity, the fact that less than a month after his supposed conversion he thinks he's equipped for the ministry is extremely suspicious.
Isn't there a verse that says something about waiting at least two years?

Question Mark

BANNED
Banned
Religion. An excuse for having to die....even old Constantine did not give up the ghost until he was on his death bed...guess it just makes them feel better.

Question Mark

BANNED
Banned
He comes across as a lost soul, can you argue with that?

No he comes across as being scared and hoping that a sudden belief in an imaginary friend will stop his blindness. Now of course if his blindness suddenly goes away....well you know who he will give the credit to.....

Question Mark

BANNED
Banned
All in what you believe I guess. If imaginary friends get you through life and you love the thoughts of being brain washed and unable to think for yourself then live it up......people always get religion when they are going to die or going through a bad time even atheists its just the way the ball bounces. Looking at life through rose colored glasses with a bible in your hand is not going to stop destiny people die and bad things happen to everyone be it christian, Atheists or who ever......making negative comments about Atheism all in an attempt to incite me won't work there's not an argument you can put up I have not heard before but that's neither here nor there.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon