Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I believe that Bob and Knight are out of their league. godrulz is the leader.

Ezekiel 28:17
17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.
---------------

1 Timothy 3:6

6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

-------------------

None of them are innocent.

Nuanced theological, doctrinal debates should be encouraged. Your ignorance of the views makes you wrongly think this is a salvific issue or tantamount to Christianity vs Islam, etc.?!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Nuanced theological, doctrinal debates should be encouraged. Your ignorance of the views makes you wrongly think this is a salvific issue or tantamount to Christianity vs Islam, etc.?!

Yeah, I suspected that you would blather on about a few terms and follow up with etc...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
sky.;3169640The ding dongs who believe in this damnable belief of "open theism" will not respond to the Truth of Scripture because they don't know it.

They are waiting for godrulz to show up and give them another mouthful of "godrulz" small "g".

The inspired NT also uses a small Greek word for GOD (theos).

Wow! you're something else. Also your trickery is not missed by God who saw how you messed with the forum feature to quote you.

Letsargue

Wow! you're something else. Also your trickery is not missed by God who saw how you messed with the forum feature to quote you.

This ( ALL ) was done before the world was. God doesn't have to now know anything, He has alway known, as do we!!

Paul -- 080512

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You really are a sad case.
:loser:

God sent Jonah to tell the people of Nineveh to repent. They repented as can be seen in these verses (below). What were the terms? I already posted that. Simply Jonah gave them the word of the Lord that the Lord gave him to give them. 40 days and if you don't repent you will be destroyed.
Then where is the verse that states so? What verse tells us that God told Jonah to tell Nineveh to repent?

6 When Jonah’s warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:

“By the decree of the king and his nobles:

Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”
All this tells us is that they repented. It does not tell us that God told Jonah to tell them to repent.

Letsargue

Then where is the verse that states so? What verse tells us that God told Jonah to tell Nineveh to repent?

All this tells us is that they repented. It does not tell us that God told Jonah to tell them to repent.

Romans 10:14-15 KJV – “How shall they hear without a preacher? 15- And how shall they preach, (( except they be sent” )) ----//-- Where’s your Proof that it wasn’t Jonah that was sent!! – This is what (( God )) said; - now let us all hear what you say!!

Paul – 080612

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Your willful ignorance is your problem not mine. It isn't that hard to see just how ignorant you are. You ever even read the Book of Jonah? Well take your Bob, Knight, godrulz blinders off and try it again.

-------------------------------

Jonah Goes to Nineveh
3 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”

3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming,

Last edited:

Letsargue

Your willful ignorance is your problem not mine. It isn't that hard to see just how ignorant you are. You ever even read the Book of Jonah? Well take your Bob, Knight, godrulz blinders off and try it again.

-------------------------------

Jonah Goes to Nineveh
3 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”

3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming,

Reading the Bible and having Faith in it, is the Counselor’s advice for their Illness of Ignorance!! It cures it every time, but they don’t think they need a Physician, or a GOOD Counselor.

Paul – 080612

sky.

BANNED
Banned
This ( ALL ) was done before the world was. God doesn't have to now know anything, He has always known, as do we!!

Paul -- 080512

True as if God didn't know what even the angels could conceive of. This open view that denies God's foreknowledge is just a repeat of what Satan did.

Letsargue

True as if God didn't know what even the angels could conceive of. This open view that denies God's foreknowledge is just a repeat of what Satan did.

Well, we know of his many devices that he uses, and we can see them right off hand, but he can't win, that's the reallity of things, and that's good!!

Paul -- 080612

godrulz

Hall of Fame

God has FK, but it is not exhaustive unless determinism is true (which it is not).

Letsargue

God has FK, but it is not exhaustive unless determinism is true (which it is not).

Fore-knowledge is just a Term used by those who have taken a statement and stretched it into something out of Text. - God Knows all. You can’t remove anything, and say God ( Never ) knew that. All things and events were ( Seen ) by God before He created anything!! – How else could He create it, without a (( Vision )) to follow, to create it???
“God Swore by Himself”, thus God also Saw by Himself all things!!

Paul – 080712

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Fore-knowledge is just a Term used by those who have taken a statement and stretched it into something out of Text. - God Knows all. You can’t remove anything, and say God ( Never ) knew that. All things and events were ( Seen ) by God before He created anything!! – How else could He create it, without a (( Vision )) to follow, to create it???
“God Swore by Himself”, thus God also Saw by Himself all things!!

Paul – 080712

That is even a better understanding but these guys won't believe it because they think God is a chess player.

Lon

That's funny. Throughout this whole thread numerous Bible verses have been offered in support of the Open View. Your response has been to either ignore them or to state they don't mean what they say.
Because they don't say it. There are two ways to read scripture: 1) Deductively - where one assumes what isn't implicit (making the text match one's belief rather than the other way around) 2) Inductive - where one reads scripture for what it says and doesn't say and treads lightly and carefully/lightly where they know, in fact, that they are speculating (not forcing God to fit their expectation, but rather forcing themselves to fit His).

Sometimes when I am working on a puzzle, I smile as I get 'help' from another. They are so sure I've got a piece in the wrong place. Sometimes they are correct, but most of the time I get it right. After the whole family walks by and only one of them says 'wrong,' I'm pretty confident. There just aren't very many open theists.

For me, I understand why you read between the lines and why you piece stuff in where you do. I simply believe you are forcing pieces with a fist and a hammer (deductive rather than gently inductive with scripture).

Aimiel

Correct. It takes coming to Him as a little child (in understanding) to realize what His Word says. :thumb:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If God can't see the future, He can't know the consequences of His actions. He also can't guess the consequences of His actions as guessing implies He has the capacity to be wrong. If He can't know or guess the consequences of His actions then He is totally blind and has even less power than a human being, who can at least make some sort of prediction based on the information available to them.

If God can see the future, He must be able to see it in its entirety, including the decisions He is going to make. If He exists in time, then He must therefore have made all of those decisions at the beginning of His existence. But His existence didn't have a beginning, therefore he must be seperate from time.

Huh?

Anything a human can do, God can do, this is simple logic. God is surly on-time, now play with that!

Letsargue

That is even a better understanding but these guys won't believe it because they think God is a chess player.

So be it!! - It may be good if they're that foolish. God isn't playing chess. Maybe someday I'll show you how God ( plays ) with fools.

Paul -- 080712

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
For me, I understand why you read between the lines and why you piece stuff in where you do. I simply believe you are forcing pieces with a fist and a hammer (deductive rather than gently inductive with scripture).

If by "read between the lines" you mean reading the very words written and believing what they say then I have to admit...I am guilty.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

The Cosmic Chessmaster analogy is imperfect, but does convey some truth about God and the nature of reality.

It is a far greater CM and God who wins because of greatness, intelligence, omnicompetence, than one who wins by deterministic methods, etc. A responsive player is superior to one who controls the outcome or knows every move of the opponent in advance.

http://www.revivaltheology.net/9_openness/chess.html

Status
Not open for further replies.