toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Christ is already present among us. He is really and truly present, body and blood, and soul and divinity, in the Most Holy Eucharist. If you want to see our Lord, then go to the local Catholic church. He's very likely in the tabernacle.

Given that, I can answer you exactly how He would be treated if He were among us (since He is, in fact, among us).

Most don't believe. And even among so called "Christians," many mock, revile and blaspheme Him. Even many so called "Catholics" don't believe that He's really present either.

And of those who do, some don't even go to visit Him. And of those who do, some only go once a week, to satisfy an obligation (I am guilty of this).

Very few are those who actually center their lives on Him and go to visit Him often.

rexlunae

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

I would probably consider him a nut, along with the majorities of every single one of the other groups. But at least I'd be consistent.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think He's come again to afflict the comfortable, and comfort the afflicted. The Pharisees would be again outraged and call for His head.

John Mortimer

Christ is already present among us. He is really and truly present, body and blood, and soul and divinity, in the Most Holy Eucharist. If you want to see our Lord, then go to the local Catholic church. He's very likely in the tabernacle.
I have some experience of the adoration of the most holy eucharist and so I understand what you are saying here.
Given that, I can answer you exactly how He would be treated if He were among us (since He is, in fact, among us).
Hold on though - the OP did say, "if he walked among us today", as he did 2,000 years ago. That is different.

Timotheos

rather, enjoying watching the wicked receive their just punishments according to God

When the days were approaching for His ascension, He was determined to go to Jerusalem; and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." And they went on to another village.
Luke 9:51-56 NASB

yeshuaslavejeff

He IS among the ekklesia. Either that or He lied, and He cannot lie.

The world hates us, because it hated Him. The Master Y'shua was called very bad things, and so are His Disciples today.

the catholics who are set free and truly love Yhwh and truth applaud Jesus' Word, as others did in Scriptrue, (look it up in the Gospel).
Most of the churches hate Him, and would put Him to death / do put to death His Disciples when they are able to. Otherwise they ostracize them, kick them out, imprison them, ridicule them and torture them, when they can.

If Christ walked among us today how would He be received .. ? ...

Truster

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

He is walking amongst us in His people. Look at the response they get when presenting truth and you have the answer to the OP.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If Christ walked among men today as He did before the cross then the same reactions would occur.

If Christ walked among men as He was after His resurrection then He would only reveal himself to believers.

If Christ walked among men today as He is now then the future would be bought forward.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

LA

Jabin

Zionist devils would call Jesus antisemitic and kick Him out of their churches.

Liberal devils would call Him a bigot and kick Him out of their churches.

Evangelicals in general wouldn't recognize Him, because they think Jesus talks and acts like a homo instead of like a man.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Zionist devils would call Jesus antisemitic and kick Him out of their churches.

Liberal devils would call Him a bigot and kick Him out of their churches.

Evangelicals in general wouldn't recognize Him, because they think Jesus talks and acts like a homo instead of like a man.

well said:)

yeshuaslavejeff

look how the 'official roman' catholics treat Jesus today - they won't listen to Him, and those who get immersed in Him they kick out, execute, imprison and ridicule (just like on this forum)....

oatmeal

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

In general, the same basic ways those groups received them the first time

For instance, Roman Catholics, (although not known by that name) would pretty much ignore Jesus Christ teachings except to add huge amounts of oral tradition to the truth Jesus spoke so much as to bury what Jesus taught. The would be more devoted to his mother than to him and his Father. They would continue to serve the three in one pagan gods they serve

Protestants, would be about in the in an about the same mess with a few exceptions. The would be more interested in the scripture, but would have some difficulty separating fact from fiction, but at least they would be aware that there was fiction in the RC, but they aren't sure how much

Some Judeans would recognize Jesus for who he is and make some attempt to follow him with varying degrees of commitment and success

The agnostics wouldn't be sure

the atheists wouldn't believe in him, they would say he is a magician not a man of God