Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidenc

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidenc

    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 9th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?






    Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Last edited by Knight; May 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 9th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing peices of evidence that God exists?






    Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    I have always been intrigued by the Periodic Table of the Elements.
    The mathematic beauty of it's order.
    Basic units have the power to unite with other basic units and form new and useful things! It is a plan.
    A plan requires a planner. It is inconceiveable to me that the orderly progression of the elements just happened to happen.
    Other than that? Love that has been shown to me and the love that I feel for others also is part of the plan.
    The Acts of the Apostles simply reinforces my belief in Jesus Christ as Son of God.
    I believe! It is simply by grace that I believe.

    Comment


    • #3
      Establishment of Israel

      The State of Israel, the first Jewish state for nearly 2,000 years, was proclaimed at 1600 on 14 May 1948 in Tel Aviv. The declaration came into effect the following day as the last British troops withdrew. Palestinians remember 15 May as "al-Nakba", or the Catastrophe.

      The year had begun with Jewish and Arab armies each staging attacks on territory held by the other side. Jewish forces, backed by the Irgun and Lehi militant groups made more progress, seizing areas alloted to the Jewish state but also conquering substantial territories allocated for the Palestinian one.

      Irgun and Lehi massacred scores of inhabitants of the village of Deir Yassin near Jerusalem on 9 April. Word of the massacre spread terror among Palestinians and hundreds of thousands fled to Lebanon, Egypt and the area now known as the West Bank.

      The Jewish armies were victorious in the Negev, Galilee, West Jerusalem and much of the coastal plain.

      The day after the state of Israel was declared five Arab armies from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq immediately invaded Israel but were repulsed, and the Israeli army crushed pockets of resistance. Armistices established Israel's borders on the frontier of most of the earlier British Mandate Palestine.
      Learn to read what is written.

      _____
      The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
        Establishment of Israel

        The State of Israel, the first Jewish state for nearly 2,000 years, was proclaimed at 1600 on 14 May 1948 in Tel Aviv. The declaration came into effect the following day as the last British troops withdrew. Palestinians remember 15 May as "al-Nakba", or the Catastrophe.

        The year had begun with Jewish and Arab armies each staging attacks on territory held by the other side. Jewish forces, backed by the Irgun and Lehi militant groups made more progress, seizing areas alloted to the Jewish state but also conquering substantial territories allocated for the Palestinian one.

        Irgun and Lehi massacred scores of inhabitants of the village of Deir Yassin near Jerusalem on 9 April. Word of the massacre spread terror among Palestinians and hundreds of thousands fled to Lebanon, Egypt and the area now known as the West Bank.

        The Jewish armies were victorious in the Negev, Galilee, West Jerusalem and much of the coastal plain.

        The day after the state of Israel was declared five Arab armies from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq immediately invaded Israel but were repulsed, and the Israeli army crushed pockets of resistance. Armistices established Israel's borders on the frontier of most of the earlier British Mandate Palestine.
        This is revisionism history. You failed to mention all of the Jewish settlers who were slaughtered by Palestinian guerilla fighters.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bybee View Post
          I have always been intrigued by the Periodic Table of the Elements.
          The mathematic beauty of it's order.
          I agree, it sounds silly but you should try memorising it all, I did and it seems to impress people for what reason... I'm not quite sure.

          Learning things like that should be for the self, it's so very worthwhile.

          This is a great question too, although I think it strays towards evidentialist Christianity... I suppose you have to seek it at some point, eh?

          I thought the whole point of faith was having no evidence or certainty, or the evidence was revelation or influence from God?

          If I were Christian the best way for me to defend it would be to say that all the evidence is personal and subjective.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bybee View Post
            This is revisionism history. You failed to mention all of the Jewish settlers who were slaughtered by Palestinian guerilla fighters.
            So, you are claiming that the Arabs won the war in 1948?
            Learn to read what is written.

            _____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Knight View Post
              toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
              Anything physical.
              Where is the evidence for a global flood?
              E≈mc2
              "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

              "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
              -Bob B.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                Anything physical.

                One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

                The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

                God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

                But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

                The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

                God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

                source
                Learn to read what is written.

                _____
                The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                Comment


                • #9
                  There is none . . . .
                  "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Knight View Post
                    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 9th, 2013 05:00 AM


                    toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing peices of evidence that God exists?

                    The entirety of the created order. I find myself marveling at creatures such as insects and birds. I watched a Canada Goose in flight. God was the one who invented aviation. I look at insects. They are little self replicating micro machines...And trees--marvelous oxygen factories that make this world inhabitable for us.

                    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                      So, you are claiming that the Arabs won the war in 1948?
                      No, I am claiming that the pre-State of Israel Jewish settlers who immigrated to Palestine after World War II who purchased land from local peoples and tried to reclaim the desert by planting crops and fruit trees were regularly slaughtered by Arab guerillas. So, I am claiming that in the beginning the Jewish settlers, who actually got along fairly well with their local neighbors, had to defend themselves from the depredations of the outside guerillas.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                        There is none . . . .
                        Well, there is thee and me?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                          There is none . . . .
                          That can't be right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                            There is none . . . .
                            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                            E≈mc2
                            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                            "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                            -Bob B.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bybee View Post
                              No, I am claiming that the pre-State of Israel Jewish settlers who immigrated to Palestine after World War II who purchased land from local peoples and tried to reclaim the desert by planting crops and fruit trees were regularly slaughtered by Arab guerillas. So, I am claiming that in the beginning the Jewish settlers, who actually got along fairly well with their local neighbors, had to defend themselves from the depredations of the outside guerillas.
                              Israel becoming a nation fulfilled prophecy.

                              Isaiah 66:8
                              Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.


                              Even the Arab attempts to destroy Israel are fulfilling prophecy.

                              Isaiah 54:17
                              No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

                              Learn to read what is written.

                              _____
                              The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X