toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would think, you would think it should be me fisrt, if not, maybe I am wasting my time here? Consider, all I do and any question that brings to mind as to when you think of, never seems to include me. As I said, why like to sue him? waste my time, if you have no appreciation for me.

Tell me this is that fat old man Stan, telling a horrible lie about you? He said clearly, you are a man, I need to know if you refute that and would like to see him very sorry, friends or not, I would do that for any woman, called a man-made product!
It's Stan's sick humor. I am a lady.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure I'd vote for anyone who has been involved in all the drama 'round here lately. :plain: That disqualifies a lot of people. :eek:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I've had my problems with Inzl as mod, no doubt. But I was impressed with the way she wound up dealing with and facing things and moving forward after the hullabaloo. I got the sense she took it all to heart and that she thought about it a lot. It's so rare to see someone take a step back, and it seemed like she did. I'd say that whoever decided she ought to take some time off, whether that was her or someone else, might reconsider it.

:plain:

I think Tambora would be good, and I she probably hits a lot of the things I figure Knight is looking for in a mod as far as religion & politics.

I agree with the folks who think Rusha would be good. She doesn't have the religion, and I know that's important to Knight. But she has respect for it. She's observant, and she's involved and present without being overbearing.

I think annabenedetti'd be good, but I don't think I'd want her to be a mod because I wouldn't want it to burn her out. Or vice-versa... We might all wake up one morning and find out that she'd set TOL on fire. :plain: But probably the Catholicism is no-starter anyway.

I've said before, I think AMR would be good. I know the religion is an issue there.

Most of all, I'd like to see the tag team of TSF + TGL given a shot at the helm. But we'd need to install seat belts.

So, you think Rusha would make a better mod than me? OK, I guess closer to Knight's religious beliefs. I'm just too odd right?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure I'd vote for anyone who has been involved in all the drama 'round here lately. :plain: That disqualifies a lot of people. :eek:

That would NOT include me, until I read what members really think here, so, excuse me!

genuineoriginal

That would NOT include me, until I read what members really think here, so, excuse me!

I would be willing to consider whether you would be a good moderator based on the qualities listed in this statement:
What makes a good forum moderator?

Personality plays a big part in whether or not a person is a good forum moderator. A good forum moderator needs to be calm and needs to be able to stand an argument without becoming heated. They need to have a good amount of common sense and they need to be able to handle having harsh words tossed at them. They cannot go easy on any one member and they must treat all members fairly. They need to understand their position and not take advantage of it or abuse their powers. Another good quality would be consideration. Good mods need to be considerate.​

Please help me out and show me how your posts in this thread show that you fit the needed qualities.

Thunder's Muse

Wow. This thread has been a real eye opener for me.

I need some quiet contemplation time now .... time for some more self evaluation.

StanJ53

I would think, you would think it should be me fisrt, if not, maybe I am wasting my time here? Consider, all I do and any question that brings to mind as to when you think of, never seems to include me. As I said, why like to sue him? waste my time, if you have no appreciation for me.

Tell me this is that fat old man Stan, telling a horrible lie about you? He said clearly, you are a man, I need to know if you refute that and would like to see him very sorry, friends or not, I would do that for any woman, called a man-made product!

OK well that decides it...if she is that young that she thinks I am OLD, then she definitely does NOT qualify as a mod.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Nineveh
poly
crow

they ran a tight ship
Good picks, but there is a problem; Nineveh has not been around in a long time. Poly was an Admin, I think she is tired of it, I do not know about crow.

I agree, Kat. You would definitely be an asset to the moderation team.

I know, yet wonder, had I not posted, would you have thought about me?

I thought of Kat also but didn't put her name down because of her health. If she's up for it, I think she'd be wonderful.

I appreciate it, but what I said to Rusha applies here as well.

You would have my support!

I do believe you, no doubt in my mind.

Kat, I think you would be a great mod, IF you felt up to the task. I think it's more a matter of your friend's worrying about the stressfulness of the duties rather than your character to perform the tasks.

You have compassion and a backbone, what every mod needs.

It would still have been a sign of caring to be mentioned.

Someone mentioned you earlier, but I think you'd slay too many dragons and the joint would look like a Baskin-Robbins in short order. :D

AMR is disqualified because the infraction notices would be longer than the posts objected to. :shocked:
After

Uhh Ktoyou I thought he was trying to be funny. Perhaps it was in poor taste but I don't think he was serious.
I have news for you, with all the sick evil in the media about this, she should not take it, even if it was a joke. It would be the same as joking about me making unholy art!

It appears that he is making fun of someone using the term "MANNED up" when referring to a woman.

From the context and the smiley, it should be obvious that it was not intended to be slanderous.

Consider how foul that is? What is slanderous is a matter of law, yes, it is slander.

Well obviously YOU don't have a sense of humor, so you don't get my vote, IF I even have one.
I would not expect your vote, being such a moron.:dunce:

I guess there's some truth to "Blind Rage", isn't there?
You might want to actually read the post just prior to the one you quoted here, and take a chill pill woman.
Go jump in a lake creep.

It's Stan's sick humor. I am a lady.

Good to know! I do not see that kind of statement as ever funny; it is demeaning and does damage beyond what is apparent. You could sue g=him for raising that on a public forum, and as strange as it sounds, not ban him, rather take it to the real world.

I would be willing to consider whether you would be a good moderator based on the qualities listed in this statement:
What makes a good forum moderator?

Personality plays a big part in whether or not a person is a good forum moderator. A good forum moderator needs to be calm and needs to be able to stand an argument without becoming heated. They need to have a good amount of common sense and they need to be able to handle having harsh words tossed at them. They cannot go easy on any one member and they must treat all members fairly. They need to understand their position and not take advantage of it or abuse their powers. Another good quality would be consideration. Good mods need to be considerate.​

Please help me out and show me how your posts in this thread show that you fit the needed qualities.

I never was this agitated before and, if you do not know, I have always been fair. I do not expect much respect anymore.

zoo22

So, you think Rusha would make a better mod than me? OK, I guess closer to Knight's religious beliefs. I'm just too odd right?

Hi K. In a weird way, yeah... :plain: I love you too much as participant at TOL.

I think you'd be a great mod: you're smart and you're observant, fair, wise, and I know you care a lot about TOL. But I think you being a mod would change the way you interact at TOL.

I've always thought of you as a real free-agent here (and I figure in life as well), and I love that about you. My odd duck.

But also (the more practical reason), you have to be away for chunks of time sometimes. And I think the 24/7 part of being a mod takes a toll on folks. I don't want anything taking a toll on you.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
OK well that decides it...if she is that young that she thinks I am OLD, then she definitely does NOT qualify as a mod.

Yeah, I am 17 and in November, I will be 27, according to your thinking, if we shall call your cognitive ability that! I better model might be SR,SR,SR,SR..........................:dunce:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi K. In a weird way, yeah... :plain: I love you too much as participant at TOL.

I think you'd be a great mod: you're smart and you're observant, fair, wise, and I know you care a lot about TOL. But I think you being a mod would change the way you interact at TOL.

I've always thought of you as a real free-agent here (and I figure in life as well), and I love that about you. My odd duck.

But also (the more practical reason), you have to be away for chunks of time sometimes. And I think the 24/7 part of takes a toll on folks. I don't want anything taking a toll on you.

Well reasoned, and maybe true? The more I take on, the less I feel free to anything but an impartial observer, which I do and have done elsewhere.

You find me odd because I judge the quality of the person, then I focus on the particular of the forum. As with all forums, a good mod cannot only support buddies, a good mod must be able to draw on a certain consensus opinion. A good mod moderates herself first, then acts in the best of the forum, not in oneself.

The better you do it, the more your emotional reactions must be modulated.

I do have fun here, yet sometimes all I do is moderate, even though I am not required to do so.

I know you understand what I am saying.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But really, you live on a farm...so it's all relative (no, Pure, that isn't a concession). :plain:

StanJ53

Good picks, but there is a problem; Nineveh has not been around in a long time. Poly was an Admin, I think she is tired of it, I do not know about crow.
I know, yet wonder, had I not posted, would you have thought about me?
I appreciate it, but what I said to Rusha applies here as well.
I do believe you, no doubt in my mind.
It would still have been a sign of caring to be mentioned.
After

:popcorn:

:rotfl:
I have news for you, with all the sick evil in the media about this, she should not take it, even if it was a joke. It would be the same as joking about me making unholy art!
Consider how foul that is? What is slanderous is a matter of law, yes, it is slander.
:rotfl:
I would not expect your vote, being such a moron.:dunce:
Go jump in a lake creep.

Good to know! I do not see that kind of statement as ever funny; it is demeaning and does damage beyond what is apparent. You could sue g=him for raising that on a public forum, and as strange as it sounds, not ban him, rather take it to the real world.
I never was this agitated before and, if you do not know, I have always been fair. I do not expect much respect anymore.

:yawn: