Is it wrong to go trick or treating or to a dress up party on Halloween?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 28th, 2011 12:02 PM

toldailytopic: Is it wrong to dress up for halloween and go trick or treating or to go to a dress up party/gathering?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
My daughter was up last night sewing a straight-jacket for herself. I helped her get the material and some odds and ends. That's biblical parenting right?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Why would it be wrong?

I look forward to it every year. I'm envious of a friend of mine, she's been wearing a different costume to work every day this month.

I also go to sci-fi and anime conventions, renaissance festivals, and occasionally the local goth night club in costume as well. If that is wrong, i don't want to be right.

IXOYE

Depends, what are you celebrating? The day isn't unholy, what people do on any day is unholy.

Do you celebrate anniversaries, or birthdays? They fall on Pagan Holidays. There are only THREE DAYS on an american (gregoran?) Calendar that are not pagan holidays somewhere.

What is important is not the WHEN, but the WHAT you are celebrating.

Christmas falls at the same time of a dozen other faiths. If you celebrate Christ's birth, and not the birth of Mithra, or Ra, or or or.... what is the issue?

If you feel that is wrong, because other things are celebrated on that day by other people, you have 3 days to get all your celebrations in on. Good luck. :)
:devil:

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 28th, 2011 12:02 PM

toldailytopic: Is it wrong to dress up for halloween and go trick or treating or to go to a dress up party/gathering?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

IXOYE

Why would it be wrong?

I look forward to it every year. I'm envious of a friend of mine, she's been wearing a different costume to work every day this month.

I also go to sci-fi and anime conventions, renaissance festivals, and occasionally the local goth night club in costume as well. If that is wrong, i don't want to be right.

It's astounding, time is fleeting,
madness takes its toll.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh yeah, I will post a picture of LK dressed as Snow White.