toldailytopic: Ideal employment. What would be your dream job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 31st, 2011 10:04 AM

toldailytopic: Ideal employment. What would be your dream job?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Newman

Editor/contributor of a free-market econ journal and a nice professorship at a pretty university

csuguy

what if you had to choose between history and theology?

The history of the church and theology go more or less hand in hand - though if I had to pick one I suppose, at the moment, I would lean towards history (whilst doing theological treatises in my own spare time :D).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The history of the church and theology go more or less hand in hand - though if I had to pick one I suppose, at the moment, I would lean towards history (whilst doing theological treatises in my own spare time :D).

which one would give you more credibility?

some other dude

When I was in high school I wanted to work in Dupont's explosives division. :)

Now, the jobs I wish I could do would have required me to head down different paths long ago.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are several jobs I would love to have....

- Full time pay for maintaining and expanding TOL. :dizzy:
- CEO of a successful cigar manufacturing company. :BillyBob:
- Top designer for Chrysler's concept car division. :car:
- Professional beach sitter. :surf:
- Head scout for a professional Hockey Club. ::sharri:
- Lead beer taster. :cheers:
- King of the United States. :knight:

Buzzword

Am I the only one who never dreamed of a particular job as a child/teen?

My dreams were more, "I'm going to write the great 20/21st century novel and never be forgotten by history."

I never had the "when I grow up, I'm going to do [X-job] day in and day out for the rest of my life!"
To the point that I've always had a phobia of working in a cubicle.

So now I'm two semesters away from getting my B.A. in essentially Creative Writing, have had a blast studying different forms of writing (including discovering that I enjoy writing comic books), and have ZERO idea what I'm going to "do with it," (i.e. "how I'm going to get a day job with it") after I graduate.

So my dream job would probably be living off royalties from my previously published novels/comic books, giving me the freedom to write more of them at my leisure.

Ardima

I would love being the Pastor of a small (30-100) church. This is my dream job because my job would be to live my life correctly while helping others do the same... No need for lavish things as long as all the essentials are cared for...

Lovejoy

I dream of a job where I do not, in fact, have to call security to get a person (who asked me to save their life) to cooperate with my saving their life.

Quincy

I'd like to be a nature photographer. Thinking about doing it on my own time and just seeing what happens.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure y'all couldn't possibly guess mine....:think:

:D

I would love to own a ranch. Not a large ranch that would require a lot of hands to assist, but a smallish ranch that I could run with the help of my kids and my wife (what things she is able to do, that is).

I am pressed to think of another location where I can better teach my children the joy of hard work. It isn't easy to live on a ranch (I've done it), and you climb in bed at night after a very long day of rough work. The sense of pride you have in a job well done is incomparable.

I'd also like a large enough farm that I could be semi-self sufficient. Grow some vegetables...a fruit tree or two. Perhaps some chickens for eggs and meat as well as some pigs.

I'm open for suggestions as to where I should own this dream ranch.....

Status
Not open for further replies.