toldailytopic: Should vegetarians have equal rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's what I want to know.... how come every time I meet a vegetarian they are grumpy and bitter?

Because, no matter how hard they try, they cannot get veggie burgers to smell or taste as good as a real burger.

Alate_One

I like meat far too much to ever be a vegetarian. Veganism is rather dangerous in my opinion, since it's hard to get your vitamin B12.

I prefer a balanced diet, with lots of seafood, fruit and veggies :)

Speaking of which, today, artichokes!

ArtichokeOpen.jpg

ragTagblues

I'm currently living with someone who is vegetarian simply because she doesn't like meat . . . and she agree's that the 'food with a face' line of reasoning is the biggest load of pig swill . . .

I don't see why veggie's should be prejudiced against, I just think the one's with very pretentious reasons deserve a slap . . .

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For real!!! Have you ever tried one of those things? They are like lumpy pieces of dry-wall.

No. I cannot bring myself to imagine that veggies can taste like meat. I just don't believe it. :chuckle: They make the "burger" in the picture on the package look so good. But, I'd rather eat a hockey puck.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Should vegetarians have equal rights?

Yes, by Grabthar's Hammer! :mmph:

Now equal to what...that's the question. :think:

BabyChristian

I am not sure I understand the question. Are people being denied employment/education/opportunities because they are vegetarian?

I don't get it either.

When my niece couldn't get pregnant (she was a vegetarian) she knew it could be because she was a vegetarian and finally started eating protein in the form of animals and she got pregnant immediately.

To me this proves we're omnivores.

Also, Linda McCartney died of cancer at a young age yet she had written books about being vegetarian and how healthy it was.. I was surprised and saddened of course.

Arthur Brain

I never know anymore.
I just got done reading a thread about molestation and Jurassic Park.

Wait for the sequel: Rape and Herbie Goes Bananas...:plain:

I was vegetarian for a while but the lure of the English breakfast proved my undoing...

That being said I'm still wondering what 'equal rights' we're talking about?

lucybelle

TOL Princess
I never know anymore.
I just got done reading a thread about molestation and Jurassic Park.

Well - let's be honest here. That was a huge problem in Jurassic Park. Just because Tyrannosaur's have big heads and little arms doesn't mean you can molest them. I mean - with arms that size that can't even defend themselves!
It's just shameful...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's what I want to know.... how come every time I meet a vegetarian they are grumpy and bitter?

An imbalance of testosterone and estrogen. Not eating protein lowers testosterone production.

Four O'Clock

The best example of a rational veggie (sort of) was an old co-worker who was one. I said, "you never eat meat?" He said, "I just try to avoid it for the most part; I'll have some fish/chicken from time to time and if someone puts a choice filet or other prime cut in front of me? Of course I'll enjoy, I'm not an idiot.
Moderation, once again, rears its sensible head....

Status
Not open for further replies.