toldailytopic: Should vegetarians have equal rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 16th, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

bybee

I am irritated by merely hearing the word "Vegan"!

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Samstarrett

I am not sure I understand the question. Are people being denied employment/education/opportunities because they are vegetarian?

Lovejoy

Gads no! We should make a point of exhibiting bias against them. Who do they think they are, anyway?!?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the same goes for Catholics on Friday during Lent

we don't deserve special treatment
but
we usually get it

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What a silly question. Of course vegetarians should have equal rights! They have just as much right to order a nice juicy steak, lamb chops, grilled pork loin, and bison burger that I do. :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Here's what I want to know.... how come every time I meet a vegetarian they are grumpy and bitter?

How can you "meat" a vegetarian?:think:

Wait, my bad.

:idunno:

I know a couple, and they seem well-adjusted, but then again, they all seem to fall off the wagon on a regular basis. The one guy I did know who tried to go vegan lasted a year. And it was the worst year of his life.

Buzzword

The only happy vegetarians/vegans I've ever known were professional fighters who kept themselves in shape using the veg./veeg diet.

Other than that, it's all been bleeding-hearts, except for one.

I went to high school with a girl who had been psychologically abused by her stepfather as a young child.
Part of that abuse involved detailed descriptions of animal slaughter grisly enough to make PETA shoot someone, every time the family ate meat in any form.

Imagine a grown man describing a calf fetus being torn from its still-conscious mother...to a toddler at the dinner table over cheeseburgers.

Yeah. So for her, I totally understand.

Any of the "well I can't eat anything that has a face" BS is a totally different story.

...that said, seriously: What the heck do you mean by "equal rights"?

Squishes

I'm vegetarian and I don't feel that bitter. I'm not very pushy about it, and it is more of a health decision than anything else. Besides, I just really love fruits and veggies.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Vegetarian parenting is hard, I hear. But advice is plentiful. Parents should eliminate meat from children's diets gradually. For example, cannibal parents can start by only serving their children vegetarians.

Status
Not open for further replies.