ECT AUTHORITY OF THE APOSTLES HANDED ON: Apostolic Succession

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I heard that he went across the country, entering "Texas Hold 'Em" tournaments, cuz of all the experience he received from his "Knights of Columbus" visits.

I'm still a KOC member, still have the card. Perhaps I will hang out there soon, play a little Poker, and drink "high balls," smoke cigars, in the "salt and pepper?"
That sounds like fun actually, like a lot of fun. :) My family, however, beckons, and I call. I could neglect them, I'm secure in my faith. But I don't. :) I really, really loved playing big limit poker. It was intense. But it was like a drug for me. I had to quit cold turkey. I kept playing above my limit, just 'cause . . . I get my dopamine "hit" from gambling large amounts of coin. It's a little intense. I also have a temptation with "drink," which I carefully indulge, whereas I do everything I can to avoid gambling.

Don't reply lessen you'd really like to. No disrespect intended. ( :e4e: ), 'cept with a cowboy hat, and a wad of spitting tobacca.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
AUTHORITY OF THE APOSTLES

Hey look, it's the Apostle Peter at the Vatican!
Oh wait..

Also

Revelation 17:4
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication

:think:
There is a most similar being, folks.

Cruciform

I see that you just arch up the Catholic Church by it's own claim...
Only in the same sense that every opinion posted by you is an appeal to the bare "authority" of the chosen man-made non-Catholic sect from which you have derived those opinions. In short, every proposition is an appeal to some human authority, and yours are no exception.

...so having a discussion with you is completely pointless.
Then having a discussion with anyone is completely pointless (see just above).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Feel free, then, to disprove my statement that "The one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself has been called 'the Catholic Church' since the end of the 1st century."

Jesus Christ did not found the Catholic religion.

Christ's church (ekklesia) began with the Passover observance in Egypt and it is the church of the firstborn.

In Egypt the firstborn were in jeopardy of death but God gave a sign to protect them.

The Israelites were instructed to place blood of the lamb on the lintel and two doorposts. The blood formed a cross foreshadowing the Lamb of God.

This began Christ's true church, the one he founded.

Cruciform

Jesus Christ did not found the Catholic religion.
Rather, as already stated, He founded the one historic Church that began to commonly be referred to as "the Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century.

So, then, you produce no actual disproof whatsoever, but only another unsubstantiated assertion (tradition of men) taught to you by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

john w

Hall of Fame
Only in the same sense that every opinion posted by you is an appeal to the bare "authority" of the chosen man-made non-Catholic sect from which you have derived those opinions. In short, every proposition is an appeal to some human authority, and yours are no exception.

His "man made" spam, that he throws up as his "Hail Mary," when he is getting bloodied, which is an "argument" of sophistry, as asserting "man made" does NADA, to his, or anyone else's point of view.

You have the God made" sect, do you, wicked Roman shill/stooge?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Then having a discussion with anyone is completely pointless (see just above).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The Catholic Church is man made. It's an escapade started by grand, pompous Rome with her obsession with needing to make religion and government synonymous for control.

It has always been a Babylonian state, you don't even need to know Scripture to know what Rome historically is. Even the Pope wears a Babylonian Fish hat :doh:

Cruciform

The Catholic Church is man made. It's an escapade started by grand, pompous Rome with her obsession with needing to make religion and government synonymous for control.It has always been a Babylonian state, you don't even need to know Scripture to know what Rome historically is. Even the Pope wears a Babylonian Fish hat
Not a single word you said here in any way nullifies or disproves any of my statements in Post #110 above. Try again.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not a single word you said here in any way nullifies or disproves any of my statements in Post #110 above. Try again.

Your argumentation is circular- they say they are the 'true church', so it must be, and it must be because they are the 'true church'.

In fact, that's not even an argument, that's just baldly portraying what you believe rather than providing evidence for the RCC being the 'true church'.

Your Babylonian, political church is literally it's own god and whose standing is circular unto itself. If Christ needs a vicar, then God is as mortal as your pope who resides in the Vatican.

Isn't that something.

Circularity :rolleyes:

DAN P

Your argumentation is circular- they say they are the 'true church', so it must be, and it must be because they are the 'true church'.

In fact, that's not even an argument, that's just baldly portraying what you believe rather than providing evidence for the RCC being the 'true church'.

Your Babylonian, political church is literally it's own god and whose standing is circular unto itself. If Christ needs a vicar, then God is as mortal as your pope who resides in the Vatican.

Isn't that something.

Circularity :rolleyes:

Hi and when we study the bible , we are READING GOD THOUGHT AFYTER GOD , but they refuse to believe it when they read Magtt 16:18 ,where is says " I WILL BUILD " in verse 18 is in the Greek FITURE TENSE !!

DAN P

HisServant

The Holy See descends from Peter's own supreme pastorship over our Lord's Church. Today's supreme pastor holds the same office Peter held way back in AD 33.

So Jesus lied? Previously he told the apostles that he did not know who the greatest one was... did he lie?

Cruciform

Your argumentation is circular- they say they are the 'true church', so it must be, and it must be because they are the 'true church'. In fact, that's not even an argument, that's just baldly portraying what you believe rather than providing evidence for the RCC being the 'true church'. Your Babylonian, political church is literally it's own god and whose standing is circular unto itself. If Christ needs a vicar, then God is as mortal as your pope who resides in the Vatican. Isn't that something.
As has already been observed above:

"Not a single word you said here in any way nullifies or disproves any of my statements in Post #110 above. Try again."

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
So Jesus lied? Previously he told the apostles that he did not know who the greatest one was... did he lie?
Yes, He lied; very good job there. :plain:

:rolleyes:

I don't like doing this. Why are you picking a fight over a dumb thing? Are you mad because you can't disprove Catholicism? Relax. Everything's fine.