ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

I would suggest you get a big roll of duct tape and wrap it around your fingers good and tight. You can still scroll up and down and read what is written. That way you may actually get out of school and understand why Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe. Since you don't understand that, you're stuck with the schoolmaster at the back of the class. Here's your cap. :dunce:

I didn't speak the Words, Yeshua did and I have never stated that we are under the Law for salvation. Pay attention, will ya?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I thought…

Yes I believe -
You cannot at the same time believe Colossians 2:13 KJV as written to you (which it is)and that you are forgiven ALL TRESPASSES(which you are) and at the same time believe you must forgive others in order that God forgive you your trespasses as per Mark 11:25-26 KJV as though it too was written to you (which it's not) and as though you still have sins in need of forgiveness (which you don't). What part of forgiven ALL TRESPASSES don't you get? Why do you still think there you have sins in need of forgiveness by God? Why don't you believe Christ died for them ALL (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV)? Why don't you see that sins are NOT the issue today (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)?

I've tried to make you see, but it appears that you don't want to see. So be it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is that a rule that people have to know they don't have to forgive in order to be forgiven?
It's shocking how many people think they are in need of God forgiving their trespasses when Paul writes that we are already forgiven all trespasses. That is the point of me even getting involved in a thread such as this. I don't care about man's opinion. I am only interested in what saith the scripture. Psalmist holds Mark 11:25-26 KJV over people today as the pattern for forgiveness and he's wrong for doing so as it is contrary to the gospel and doctrine of the apostle Paul TO us. It doesn't make me popular for charging him to teach no other doctrine, but so be it.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

heir

TOL Subscriber
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand" No one, Heir, not even you. Yeshua spoke that pre-death and resurrection, btw.

You ask what sins have not already been forgiven by God? The ones committed in the face of knowing Him. "No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:5
You are clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why and my proof is the testimony of your mouth.

Tell me, what sort of sins was His blood not enough to cover? How many of them need be committed after one is saved, to cause them to become unsaved again?

I answered you Angel. Only takes one unconfessed willful sin.
According to you, sin is still an issue (According to Paul, it's not 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Colossians 2:11-13 KJV). According to your words then, God did not forgive you all trespasses (even though Paul says He did Colossians 2:13 KJV). You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

glorydaz

You mean I need to stop posting Yeshua's Words for your convenience and ear tickling pleasure. Thanks, but I'll stick with Him.

If you had a clue why He said what He said when He said it, you wouldn't be so foolish as to make the claims you do. It's really too bad you don't take the time to actually read what Paul says. It's what the RISEN LORD gave him and it's that word you reject. So, you don't "stick with Him" as you claim. He has risen and you haven't allowed the Law to do what it was meant to do. Now that is a sad thing.

Galatians 3:24-25
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

glorydaz

I didn't speak the Words, Yeshua did and I have never stated that we are under the Law for salvation. Pay attention, will ya?

Newsflash.... You don't have to state we are under the law for salvation, you make it very clear that's what you believe by the claims you make about the verses you quote. Unfortunately for you, I have been paying attention. You can't make one single post without claiming the law must be obeyed for righteousness. Not one. You're on the wrong side of the cross and you're clueless about how to move forward from there.

glorydaz

It's shocking how many people think they are in need of God forgiving their trespasses when Paul writes that we are already forgiven all trespasses. That is the point of me even getting involved in a thread such as this. I don't care about man's opinion. I am only interested in what saith the scripture. Psalmist holds Mark 11:25-26 KJV over people today as the pattern for forgiveness and he's wrong for doing so as it is contrary to the gospel and doctrine of the apostle Paul TO us. It doesn't make me popular for charging him to teach no other doctrine, but so be it.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

I don't think he's holding anything over people today. He's kindly and lovingly giving his understanding, and we can't all be right about everything. IMJ, on the other hand is prideful and ignorant and insists people hear her. That is "holding" something "over people". That is forcing her ignorance down other people's throat. Big difference.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't think he's holding anything over people today. He's kindly and lovingly giving his understanding, and we can't all be right about everything. IMJ, on the other hand is prideful and ignorant and insists people hear her. That is "holding" something "over people". That is forcing her ignorance down other people's throat. Big difference.
glorydaz, it doesn't matter who is saying it, when it's wrong, it's wrong. Psalmist believes Mark 11:25-26 KJV to be the "final answer" concerning forgiveness even after being shown that it's not (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV). His doctrine is in need of correction with scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). Instead of trying to defend his resistance of the truth, set yourself in defence of the gospel.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You are clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why and my proof is the testimony of your mouth.

Code:
Originally Posted by IMJerusha  View Post

According to you, sin is still an issue (According to Paul, it's not 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Colossians 2:11-13 KJV). According to your words then, God did not forgive you all trespasses (even though Paul says He did Colossians 2:13 KJV). You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV) and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

good post heir - :patrol:

glorydaz

The problem is in you not paying attention to Yeshua's words or anything I post. Salvation comes through Yeshua. Obedience comes through the Ruach. And failing to follow both will land you here: "If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

Big bold font doesn't change Yeshua's Words!

Paul said in 1 Corinthian 9:19-23, "This does not mean that I don't obey God's law; I am really under Christ's law." Me thinks you don't know Paul at all and I'm starting to wonder if you know or have known the Father or the Son.

So, you ignore the verse I gave that might help you understand and post a text that you clearly do not understand, and then you "wonder" if I know the "Father or the Son". You can't just change scripture and tell it in your own words thinking no one will notice. Your interpretation isn't even close to what Paul was saying there. Oh, btw, having the Father is the same as having the Son because they are ONE God. And, the Lord is not a revolving door as you claim with your faulty interpretation of that verse in red. ;)

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe". If you were able to understand what that means, you wouldn't be making the claims you do concerning a "license to sin", and you wouldn't be using this text like it supports your error. You can't seem to grasp what the purpose of the law is, and it's necessary to know that before you try to instruct anyone else.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.​

glorydaz

glorydaz, it doesn't matter who is saying it, when it's wrong, it's wrong. Psalmist believes Mark 11:25-26 KJV to be the "final answer" concerning forgiveness even after being shown that it's not (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV). His doctrine is in need of correction with scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). Instead of trying to defend his resistance of the truth, set yourself in defence of the gospel.

Actually, the Gospel doesn't need to be defended. It has a power of it's own, but people can do more damage than good by their lack of love and understanding. Psalmist's doctrine isn't the only one "in need of correction". Yours and mine could stand some correcting, too. There isn't a one of us who has all the answers, and only spiritual pride would make us insist we do. You say it's "resistance of the truth", and I say there is no resistance to the TRUTH, and I've been reading Psalmist's posts long enough to know he does not resist Jesus Christ. Our ignorance on any particular "rule of law" is not what matters.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Well said, i would still like to know where she gets that "one unconfessed willful sin" leads to loss of salvation, how about all the unconfessed sins that werent willful - how are they forgiven after the cross if salvation can be lost - when even one sin seperates from God before salvation, why the caveat of willful vs not willful, sin, when sin itself is the entire reason we have a Savior?

Bunch of hogwash is what it is. To claim some sins are ok and some arent is a made up bunch of junk.

We are either saved or we are lost, period. Jesus Christ saves us forever.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Romans 5:10
For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!

We are clothed in Him, where is His sin, and if He has no sin - whats "unconfessed willful sin" meaning we are saving ourselves? (impossible)

The Father sees Him, not us.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Code:
Originally Posted by IMJerusha  View Post

so, we don't need to confess the sins that are not willful ? -

but we cannot miss ONE WILLFUL sin - we must confess it. all willful sins, in fact -

i understand the concept; if a person has wanton disregard for blatant sin, while knowing our salvation in Jesus Christ. certain 'sin' is easier to define

thus, WE decide what was willful or not, and what to confess ? confess to who ? God the Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; who already knows - or another sinner ?

that starts down the road of constant self judgement, self-analysis, judgement of others and teaching the wrong gospel. constant confession/repentance and having confidence in fleshly obedience for salvation is saying the Lord Jesus Christ didn't quite do enough yet -

i suggest Ephesians and Colossians for study -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 2:1-2 KJV - Ephesians 2:5 KJV -

Ephesians 2:13 KJV - Ephesians 2:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:13 KJV -

Colossians 1:14 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV - Colossians 2:13 KJV -

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 KJV -

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You cannot at the same time believe Colossians 2:13 KJV as written to you (which it is)and that you are forgiven ALL TRESPASSES(which you are) and at the same time believe you must forgive others in order that God forgive you your trespasses as per Mark 11:25-26 KJV as though it too was written to you (which it's not) and as though you still have sins in need of forgiveness (which you don't). What part of forgiven ALL TRESPASSES don't you get? Why do you still think there you have sins in need of forgiveness by God? Why don't you believe Christ died for them ALL (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV)? Why don't you see that sins are NOT the issue today (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)?

I've tried to make you see, but it appears that you don't want to see. So be it.

Gosh you are thick.

It was said in Mark to folks who were in good standing with God, it is not bout salvation...it is about why so often prayers go unanswered, joy is lost and why instead of being personally blest in our bible study folk need to be spoonfed doctrines...because even though they be saved....they have not been careful in their walk with the Lord.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gosh you are thick.

It was said in Mark to folks who were in good standing with God, it is not bout salvation...it is about why so often prayers go unanswered, joy is lost and why instead of being personally blest in our bible study folk need to be spoonfed doctrines...because even though they be saved....they have not been careful in their walk with the Lord.
Opps.​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is the Prayer which Jesus prayed Himself. I consider it a gift. It remains beautifully relevant to me.

thank you
and
that means forgiving is still relevant
and
forgiveness is not a done deal as it has been suggested in this thread