Is Calvinism Wrong?

beloved57

As usual you are wrong again.

All men are sinners because Adam who was the head of the human race sinned against God, Romans 5:12.

"Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation" Romans 5:18.

We are sinners without works. No one has to sin to prove that they are sinners. We are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. It is not our fault that we are born into sin, but its our fault if we reject Christ as our savior.

God has taken full responsibility for the sins of man and has sent his only begotten Son into the world to atone for our sins and the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.
You don't believe that Christ saves sinners do you ?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

beloved57

The only sinners that will be saved are those that respond to what Jesus has done to save them.

If one doesnt respond to God its because they are a sinner. Thats what sinners do, disobey God ! You think a sinner must stop being a sinner before Jesus Christ saves them ?

Robert Pate

Banned
If one doesnt respond to God its because they are a sinner. Thats what sinners do, disobey God ! You think a sinner must stop being a sinner before Jesus Christ saves them ?

This sinner heard the Gospel and responded. In the book of Acts 8,000 sinners heard the Gospel and believed, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

God's word opposes you and will eventually condemn you.

beloved57

This sinner heard the Gospel and responded. In the book of Acts 8,000 sinners heard the Gospel and believed, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

God's word opposes you and will eventually condemn you.
You teach that Christ cant save sinners who reject Him. Thats saying Christ cant save sinners.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that Christ cant save sinners who reject Him. Thats saying Christ cant save sinners.

The only ones that will be in heaven are those that love and believe in Jesus. What would heaven be like if heaven was full of Christ rejecters like yourself?

beloved57

The only ones that will be in heaven are those that love and believe in Jesus. What would heaven be like if heaven was full of Christ rejecters like yourself?

Christ rejectors are simply sinners. You dont believe Christ can save sinners. I have news for, Christ came to save sinners 1 Tim 1:15

15 [FONT=&quot]This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul was a Christ rejector, but Christ saved him[/FONT]

Rosenritter

Rosenritter, you don't believe in 'eternal damnation?' Do you believe in 'Annihilation?'

If damnation was temporary then it would be lifted or changed in the future. If it will not be lifted it is permanent and eternal. I believe that God will utterly destroy the wicked by fire as he has promised, which is often referred to as annihilation. Unlike the Universalist (on our forum threads) who believes that death and destruction by eternal fire is a temporary thing from which one will "bounce back" into life, I recognize this as eternal punishment. Yes, I do believe that God will annihilate the wicked.

Incidentally, Jonathan Edwards acknowledged that annihilation constituted eternal punishment.

"Concerning the Endless Punishment of those who Die Impenitent"

https://books.google.co.nz/books?id...&oi=book_result&ct=result#v=onepage&q&f=false

"For, if it be owned, that Scripture expressions denote a punishment that is properly eternal, but that it is in no other sense properly so, than as the annihilation, or state of non-existence to which the wicked shall return, will be eternal; and that this eternal annihilation is that death which is so often threatened for sin, perishing for ever, everlasting destruction, being lost, utterly consumed, &c.; and that the fire of hell is called eternal fire, in the same sense that the external fire which consumed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah is called eternal fire, (Jude 7.) because it utterly consumed those cities, that they might never be built more; and that this fire is called that which cannot be quenched, or at least not until it has destroyed them that are cast into it. If this be all that these expressions denote, then they do not at all signify the length of the torments, or long continuance of their misery, so that the supposition of the length of their torments is brought in without any necessity, the Scripture saying nothing of it, having no respect to it, when it speaks of their everlasting punishments: and it answers the Scripture expressions as well, to suppose that they shall be annihilated immediately, without any long pains, provided the annihilation be everlasting.
Jonathan Edwards is one of the most famous promoters of eternal conscious torment, and even he acknowledged that utter annihilation of the wicked would also constitute eternal punishment as used by scripture.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ rejectors are simply sinners. You dont believe Christ can save sinners. I have news for, Christ came to save sinners 1 Tim 1:15

15 [FONT="]This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul was a Christ rejector, but Christ saved him[/FONT]

Paul was converted to Christ on the road to Damascus. You can read about in Acts 9:1-22.

beloved57

Paul was converted to Christ on the road to Damascus. You can read about in Acts 9:1-22.

Thats my point, Christ can save rebellious sinners. You teach that Christ doesnt and cant save sinners who reject Him, but Pauls conversion shows you to be a false witness ! Nobody rejected Christ more than Paul did!

genuineoriginal

He is not divisive either.
Sure He is.

Do tell me what you are going to do that will make a sinner like yourself worthy of salvation?
I already did tell you.
Didn't you stop your knee-jerk reaction long enough to actually read the scriptures I posted?

Ezekiel 18:27-28
27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.​

genuineoriginal

If all are given the same amount of grace, then does one makes better use of that grace than does another? Again, a claim of personal contribution to one's salvific state.
You are mistaken about what grace is.

Grace is a special favor or honor given by a ruler to one of his subjects to show how much the ruler is pleased by the subject.
Examples of grace are shown in Esther:

Because the king was pleased with Esther, he was willing to grant her a special favor.

Esther 5:6
6 And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed.​

Because the king was pleased with the actions of Mordecai, he was willing to give him a special honor.

Esther 6:1-3
1 On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
2 And it was found written, that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's chamberlains, the keepers of the door, who sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.
3 And the king said, What honour and dignity hath been done to Mordecai for this? Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, There is nothing done for him.​

Grace is not presumptive, grace is reactionary.

genuineoriginal

Christ Himself stated that He will not save anyone that rejects Him.

"Will not" is about a deliberate choice.
"Can not" is about ability.

You "will not" accept the truth.
You act as if you "can not" accept the truth.

beloved57

Christ Himself stated that He will not save anyone that rejects Him.

"Will not" is about a deliberate choice.
"Can not" is about ability.

You "will not" accept the truth.
You act as if you "can not" accept the truth.

You also teach that Christ cant and doesnt save sinners. Rejecting God and Christ is simply what sinners do , they're merely acting like sinners.

genuineoriginal

You also teach that Christ cant and doesnt save sinners.
I have never taught that Christ can't save sinners.
That is your shtick.

I have taught that Christ WILL not save people that refuse to accept Him as Lord.

Luke 19:27
27 [JESUS]But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.[/JESUS]​

Robert Pate

Banned
Thats my point, Christ can save rebellious sinners. You teach that Christ doesnt and cant save sinners who reject Him, but Pauls conversion shows you to be a false witness ! Nobody rejected Christ more than Paul did!

Christ saves rebellious sinners by convicting them of their sins by the Holy Spirit. Faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. If you want to be saved you must hear and believe the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.