The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

Robert Pate

Banned
1 Peter 1:9 KJV Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Pate: You don't believe that the faith of those believers Peter addressed has not ended?!!!!!! Their faith has ended, it is abolished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revelation 21:6 KJV

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

Pate: Christ ended himself-he no longer exists, as He is abolished!!!!

For you, the law has not been abolished. You will be judged by it and condemned. But for Christians it is abolished because "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

God's Truth

1 Peter 1:9 KJV Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Pate: You don't believe that the faith of those believers Peter addressed has not ended?!!!!!! Their faith has ended, it is abolished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ is the end of the old law for everyone for ever.

Jesus cleans us and justifies us now, once and for all who come to him for the forgiveness of sins.

There were many Jews who did not want to stop cleaning themselves by getting circumcised and adhering to a dietary law and sacrificing animals. They didn't believe that Jesus is the sacrificed Lamb whose blood atones for their sins.

There will never ever be an animal sacrifice pleasing to God anymore, not by anyone.

Jesus is the temple of God and so are all the true believers.

There would not ever be an earthly temple that God would approve of.

If anyone wants to get saved, they must do it before Jesus comes back again, because he will not come to bear sin and therefore save Jews or anyone else.

God's Truth

For you, the law has not been abolished. You will be judged by it and condemned. But for Christians it is abolished because "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

You should have read the KVJ of that scripture:

Romans 8:1 King James Bible
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Maybe you will stop going against people for preaching the truth that we have to obey to get saved and to stay saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
You should have read the KVJ of that scripture:

Romans 8:1 King James Bible
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Maybe you will stop going against people for preaching the truth that we have to obey to get saved and to stay saved.

If you are obeying to be saved you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

"By the works of the law no flesh will be justified" Romans 3:20.

God's Truth

If you are obeying to be saved you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

"By the works of the law no flesh will be justified" Romans 3:20.

Are you that lost?

You want me to obey by lying and say I don't obey anything that Jesus says.

That is not salvation, it is to be under the control of the devil.

john w

Hall of Fame

Pate's demonic dementia "logic:"

1.If the law exists, you are automatically condemned for breaking it.

2. Christ did not die for our sins....

3.To not be under the law, it's authority, the law must be eliminated, destroyed, abolished, made void.

Pate: Unless the laws against speeding, rape, murder, adultery, ...are abolished/made void, we are all under it, and judged as guilty.

Pate: If the laws of foreign countries are not abolished/destroyed/eliminated/made void, we are all under it, and will be judged by it.

Jesus came to abolish the law because we cannot do it.

And he, in demonic drunkenness, corrupts/trashes/butchers the meaning of abolish/destroy/makes void, saying something can be destroyed/abolished for some, un-abolished , un-destroyed, un made void for others.

Demonic moron, spiraling into dementia....Seen it often, in the financial services industry...

That is his demonic "reasoning," from the pits of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

So, Pate, on record:

1. Argues God expects us to "do" the law, for justification=righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God. He admits this, in that he asserts the Saviour's walk in the law is imputed, credited to our account="vicarious law keeping." Vs,. the book's testimony:

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 KJV

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 KJV

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Thus,...

2. Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not good, not holy, not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is o offense to break, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place..

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU., Thus, he then, ..

3.Deletes "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not good/holy/spiritual, and the problem is not with man, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

john w

Hall of Fame

Pate's satanic perversion, corruption, of Romans 10:4 KJV. He is now on record:

john w

Hall of Fame
Christ is the end of the old law for everyone for ever.

Jesus cleans us and justifies us now, once and for all who come to him for the forgiveness of sins.

There were many Jews who did not want to stop cleaning themselves by getting circumcised and adhering to a dietary law and sacrificing animals. They didn't believe that Jesus is the sacrificed Lamb whose blood atones for their sins.

There will never ever be an animal sacrifice pleasing to God anymore, not by anyone.

Jesus is the temple of God and so are all the true believers.

There would not ever be an earthly temple that God would approve of.

If anyone wants to get saved, they must do it before Jesus comes back again, because he will not come to bear sin and therefore save Jews or anyone else.
Nope.

Romans 10:4 KJV-in context..
The very design of the law, is to to bring men/women, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, for justification and salvation, as He alone gives that forgiveness/pardon, and resurrected life which the law shows the want of, but cannot provide. The Lord Jesus Christ is the "end game," so to speak, the culmination of God's holy law, in the sense that it has pointed to him, as the school master, and has been finalized/realized in him. God's holy law has not ceased to have a necessary function, nor has it ceased to have any value, nor is it void. Survey Romans 7.......

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ has not abolished/destroyed the law....

Matthew 5 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

......but the LORD God, through His Christ, has replaced it as the standard for righteousness, with His Christ. In this sense he has culminated the law as the "end game"/focal point of the purpose of God's holy law-Christ is the end game of the law.

But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

The Lord Jesus Christ, being the "it is finished," is the holy law's goal, its climax, its inevitable outcome. Coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He did, is thus the resultant "end", the goal, with Him being the consummation to whom the holy law of God points.

Again, Paul does not say, or even imply, that the Lord Jesus Christ abolished/terminated the validity, function, and relevance of God's holy law. The purpose of this law, and most of "the volume of the book,"is to point us to our innate human need for a Savior, to "get us out" of our dire predicament, and realize that the law is now no longer our slave driver, as we came to Christ, and we are no longer under its jurisdiction, as pertaining to the penalty of sin(salvation), or the power of sin(sanctification), nor is it our "source for our "walk"-he is our "end."

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Christians are instructed by the LORD God, through Paul, to use the existing law as a witness to the righteousness of God without the law:

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Psalms 111 KJV
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

God's Truth

No, you need to confess like Paul that "In my flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18,

That is Paul speaking of when he had no faith.

I have faith in God.

Now answer the question.

Do you want me to lie to God and say I cannot obey anything and that I did not obey anything?

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope.

The very design of the law, is to to bring men/women, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, for justification and salvation, as He alone gives that forgiveness/pardon, and resurrected life which the law shows the want of, but cannot provide. The Lord Jesus Christ is the "end game," so to speak, the culmination of God's holy law, in the sense that it has pointed to him, as the school master, and has been finalized/realized in him. God's holy law has not ceased to have a necessary function, nor has it ceased to have any value, nor is it void. Survey Romans 7.......

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Matthew 5 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

......but the LORD God, through His Christ, has replaced it as the standard for righteousness, with His Christ. In this sense he has culminated the law as the "end game"/focal point of the purpose of God's holy law-Christ is the end game of the law.

But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

The Lord Jesus Christ, being the "it is finished," is the holy law's goal, its climax, its inevitable outcome. Coming to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and what He did, is thus the resultant "end", the goal, with Him being the consummation to whom the holy law of God points.

Again, Paul does not say, or even imply, that the Lord Jesus Christ abolished/terminated the validity, function, and relevance of God's holy law. The purpose of this law, and most of "the volume of the book,"is to point us to our innate human need for a Savior, to "get us out" of our dire predicament, and realize that the law is now no longer our slave driver, as we came to Christ, and we are no longer under its jurisdiction, as pertaining to the penalty of sin(salvation), or the power of sin(sanctification), nor is it our "source for our "walk"-he is our "end."

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Christians are instructed by the LORD God, through Paul, to use the existing law as a witness to the righteousness of God without the law:

Romans 3:21 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Psalms 111 KJV
7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

Pharisaism was a religion of law. The Pharisees ate, slept and lived by the law. When they should have been living by faith in God and his promise of a savior. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by law. Living by faith means to live by the Holy Spirit. This is why Jesus and the Pharisees were at odds with each other.

The law was given to the Jews until Jesus arrived and then after Jesus arrived they were to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. "But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster" (the law) Galatians 3:25. We are no longer under the law because the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Now, can you imagine how a Pharisee would react if you told him that the law had been abolished? He would want to kill you. The law was the way, the truth and the life. It was the light of the world. It was the light that lightens every man. The law was their Jesus. What the law was to the Jewish Pharisees, Jesus was to the New Testament church.

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LIVE BY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND NOT THE LAW?

Living by the Holy Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus victoriously defeats sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. This is very significant. If you don't believe that you do not believe the Gospel. Jesus does that in our name and on our behalf. Just like we did it ourselves. In the Gospel we are justified by faith and by faith alone. Because of the doing and dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. Having been justified by faith in Christ there was no need for the law so it was abolished. This is why Paul said, "The letter (law) kills but the Spirit (Gospel) gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

God's Truth

Nope.

Matthew 5 KJV

You just went against everything that you just explained when you said "But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

Jesus FULFILLED the whole old law and everything that the Prophets said.

That means that the old purification/ceremonial works were just a shadow of the man Jesus.

Shadows are now gone because Light has come into the world.

No more shadows. No more old law with circumcision and animal sacrifices etc.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Hebrews 10:1 [ Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All ] The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Romans 3 KJV

Psalms 111 KJV

Jesus came with a new law, a new covenant.

The new law is like the old with some changes.

We have to obey but we don't have to do any ceremonial/purification works.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
You just went against everything that you just explained when you said "But the book, in no way, asserts that God's holy law is destroyed/does not exist, or is "abolished."

Jesus FULFILLED the whole old law and everything that the Prophets said.

That means that the old purification/ceremonial works were just a shadow of the man Jesus.

Shadows are now gone because Light has come into the world.

No more shadows. No more old law with circumcision and animal sacrifices etc.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Hebrews 10:1 [ Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All ] The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Jesus came with a new law, a new covenant.

The new law is like the old with some changes.

We have to obey but we don't have to do any ceremonial/purification works.

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Nope.Romans 10:4 KJV does not assert that the Lord Jesus Christ ended the law.

Psalms 111 KJV

Matthew 5 KJV

God's Truth

He cleans us by our faith in his blood. No one has to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

Jesus is the end of the purification works of the law for righteousness.

A priest doesn't have to offer animals twice a day.

We still have to obey, we just don't have to adhere to a dietary law and do an external washing after an emission or sitting or touching someone who had an emission, or having a baby, or touching a dead body, etc, etc, etc.

We still have to obey by doing right and abstaining from evil.

Jesus came and taught a lot of things we have to do and not do.

Psalms 111 KJV

Matthew 5 KJV

The old is gone as for the purification works of the law.

There is a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.

john w

Hall of Fame
Pharisaism was a religion of law. The Pharisees ate, slept and lived by the law. When they should have been living by faith in God and his promise of a savior. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith does not mean living by law. Living by faith means to live by the Holy Spirit. This is why Jesus and the Pharisees were at odds with each other.

The law was given to the Jews until Jesus arrived and then after Jesus arrived they were to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. "But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster" (the law) Galatians 3:25. We are no longer under the law because the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Now, can you imagine how a Pharisee would react if you told him that the law had been abolished? He would want to kill you. The law was the way, the truth and the life. It was the light of the world. It was the light that lightens every man. The law was their Jesus. What the law was to the Jewish Pharisees, Jesus was to the New Testament church.

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

Living by the Holy Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus victoriously defeats sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. This is very significant. If you don't believe that you do not believe the Gospel. Jesus does that in our name and on our behalf. Just like we did it ourselves. In the Gospel we are justified by faith and by faith alone. Because of the doing and dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. Having been justified by faith in Christ there was no need for the law so it was abolished. This is why Paul said, "The letter (law) kills but the Spirit (Gospel) gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.
Pate's satanic perversion, corruption, of Romans 10:4 KJV. He is now on record:

Psalms 111 KJV

Pate: No they don/t, God!!!!! To h with you-they are gone!!!!

Matthew 5 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
He cleans us by our faith in his blood. No one has to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

Jesus is the end of the purification works of the law for righteousness.

A priest doesn't have to offer animals twice a day.

We still have to obey, we just don't have to adhere to a dietary law and do an external washing after an emission or sitting or touching someone who had an emission, or having a baby, or touching a dead body, etc, etc, etc.

We still have to obey by doing right and abstaining from evil.

Jesus came and taught a lot of things we have to do and not do.

The old is gone as for the purification works of the law.

There is a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.

Psalms 111 KJV

Matthew 5 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame

Pate's demonic dementia "logic:"

1.If the law exists, you are automatically condemned for breaking it.

2. Christ did not die for our sins....

3.To not be under the law, it's authority, the law must be eliminated, destroyed, abolished, made void.

Pate: Unless the laws against speeding, rape, murder, adultery, ...are abolished/made void, we are all under it, and judged as guilty.

Pate: If the laws of foreign countries are not abolished/destroyed/eliminated/made void, we are all under it, and will be judged by it.

And he, in demonic drunkenness, corrupts/trashes/butchers the meaning of abolish/destroy/makes void, saying something can be destroyed/abolished for some, un-abolished , un-destroyed, un made void for others.

Demonic moron, spiraling into dementia....Seen it often, in the financial services industry...

That is his demonic "reasoning," from the pits of hell.

So, Pate, on record:

1. Argues God expects us to "do" the law, for justification=righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God. He admits this, in that he asserts the Saviour's walk in the law is imputed, credited to our account="vicarious law keeping." Vs,. the book's testimony:

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 KJV

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 KJV

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Thus,...

2. Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not good, not holy, not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is o offense to break, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place..

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU., Thus, he then, ..

3.Deletes "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not good/holy/spiritual, and the problem is not with man, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

You wicked demon, and bible words deleter, as you corrupt Colossians 2:14 KJV, deleting words in the passage.

We smell your sulfur, Pate.

Epoisses

We are not saying that the laws of the land have been abolished and most laws of the land are based on the 2nd tablet of the Decalogue i.e. murder, theft, adultery, lying etc. but for believers in Christ who are empowered by the Holy Spirit they are no longer binding. Jesus tried to show in the sermon on the mount that hate and lust or the inward desires were also sinful and the carnal commandments only forbade the outward actions of murder and adultery. The spiritual nature of the law condemns even wrong thoughts and desires so losers like you who keep the law outwardly but are filled with every evil desire are still law breakers in God's estimation.

Did.....I...write..... that.....slow....enough....for .....a.....LOSER.....like....you .....to.....comprehend?

John W is an accountant, bean counter, stock market rapist of other peoples money...what a foooo!

God's Truth

We are not saying that the laws of the land have been abolished and most laws of the land are based on the 2nd tablet of the Decalogue i.e. murder, theft, adultery, lying etc. but for believers in Christ who are empowered by the Holy Spirit they are no longer binding. Jesus tried to show in the sermon on the mount that hate and lust or the inward desires were also sinful and the carnal commandments only forbade the outward actions of murder and adultery. The spiritual nature of the law condemns even wrong thoughts and desires so losers like you who keep the law outwardly but are filled with every evil desire are still law breakers in God's estimation.

Did.....I...write..... that.....slow....enough....for .....a.....LOSER.....like....you .....to.....comprehend?

John W is an accountant, bean counter, stock market rapist of other peoples money...what a foooo!

Why should anyone listen to you about John W., when you say the wrong things about me?

God's Truth

There is a new law. I gave you scripture that says it is the old law with changes.

If there is a new law, and there is, then the old law is gone.

Psalms 111 KJV

Matthew 5 KJV

So to clarify, do you think that God wants Jews to build Him an earthly Temple and sacrifice animals?