X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
    Not to intrude, but your point lacks logic and is contradictory to itself.

"All your works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God." Yet, "have I been truly converted or born again-in Christ" is a choice/decision. By your former claim, then such a decision is worthless on an eternal scale ("scale" not being a balancing scale).

So either works, choices, decisions, etc. do matter or they don't. Such dichotomy present in your statement is paradoxical.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You would not understand what it means to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23, because you have never been there.

Leave a comment:

• jsanford108
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
    In Christianity the person you are born into this world as, has to die and then you are reborn a new creation in Christ. Until this happens all you works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God. Every so-called Christian needs to ask themselves one question - have I been truly converted or born-again in Christ? This is the difference between life and death, saved and lost, heaven and hell.
    Not to intrude, but your point lacks logic and is contradictory to itself.

"All your works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God." Yet, "have I been truly converted or born again-in Christ" is a choice/decision. By your former claim, then such a decision is worthless on an eternal scale ("scale" not being a balancing scale).

So either works, choices, decisions, etc. do matter or they don't. Such dichotomy present in your statement is paradoxical.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Leave a comment:

• Epoisses
    replied
    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    If you have to ask yourself, then you probably are not.

Dung? Never is it dung to obey God.

You have an understanding problem.
    You obey your carnal mind, not God.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    In Christianity the person you are born into this world as, has to die and then you are reborn a new creation in Christ. Until this happens all you works, efforts, choices and decisions are worthless dung in the eyes of God. Every so-called Christian needs to ask themselves one question - have I been truly converted or born-again in Christ? This is the difference between life and death, saved and lost, heaven and hell.
    If you have to ask yourself, then you probably are not.

Dung? Never is it dung to obey God.

You have an understanding problem.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
    So, I am a little confused. I have a couple of questions for you Robert:

You said:

And now you say that according to that Gospel, God's Truth is not saved.

1. How do you know God's Truth hasn't heard and believed the Gospel?
    2. How do you know God's Truth hasn't received the Holy Spirit and been born again?
    3. How do you know God doesn't see God's Truth as complete in Christ?
    4. How do you know that all that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is not God's Truth's?
    5. How do you know that God's Truth has not been justified, sanctified, and redeemed?

It looks to me like only God can know those things for certain.

You can't.

So how can you claim that God's Truth isn't saved?

Peace.
    Most enjoyable to read this, on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• Epoisses
    replied
    Hmmm. Well, it is my understanding that even in the strictest Calvinist predestination way of thinking....that man's free will is left intact and that nobody is "stuck with the results".

If God chooses someone and they are stuck with the results....is "faith alone" (from our earlier conversation) even necessary?

Just curious.

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Bard_the_Bowman
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I have the word of God, which is the Gospel. According to the Gospel you are not saved.
    So, I am a little confused. I have a couple of questions for you Robert:

You said:

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13.

This is how it works.

The sinner hears and believes the Gospel, Romans 10:17. At that moment he receives the Holy Spirit and is born again, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23. God now sees the born again sinner as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is now his. In Jesus Christ he has been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.
    And now you say that according to that Gospel, God's Truth is not saved.

1. How do you know God's Truth hasn't heard and believed the Gospel?
    2. How do you know God's Truth hasn't received the Holy Spirit and been born again?
    3. How do you know God doesn't see God's Truth as complete in Christ?
    4. How do you know that all that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is not God's Truth's?
    5. How do you know that God's Truth has not been justified, sanctified, and redeemed?

It looks to me like only God can know those things for certain.

You can't.

So how can you claim that God's Truth isn't saved?

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Bard_the_Bowman
    replied
    There it is the all powerful free-will of man aka the Arminian battle cry. Under the new covenant God chooses and you are stuck with the results.
    Hmmm. Well, it is my understanding that even in the strictest Calvinist predestination way of thinking....that man's free will is left intact and that nobody is "stuck with the results".

If God chooses someone and they are stuck with the results....is "faith alone" (from our earlier conversation) even necessary?

Just curious.

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Bard_the_Bowman
    replied
    Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13.

This is how it works.

The sinner hears and believes the Gospel, Romans 10:17. At that moment he receives the Holy Spirit and is born again, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23. God now sees the born again sinner as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is now his. In Jesus Christ he has been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.
    Hey Robert.

The reason I asked you if a person has to be forgiven of their sins to obtain salvation is because you posted earlier:

The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.
    I am just wondering, in your summary above of "faith in Christ and His Gospel", is there an implication in there of the sinner repenting of their sins and forgiving others as well?

I guess to put it more clearly, I am wondering if you believe that the sinner needs to repent, be forgiven and forgive others? Is that a part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is sortof implied in what you wrote above?

Thanks.

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Epoisses
    replied
    I agree that it is through God's grace that someone can repent. But it is still an act of the sinner's will. A person can choose to repent or choose to not repent. God doesn't force anyone either way.

I don't know where you got that idea for repentance....but you wouldn't object to someone wearing the skin off of their knees in faithful prayer to God, would you?

Peace.
    There it is the all powerful free-will of man aka the Arminian battle cry. Under the new covenant God chooses and you are stuck with the results.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X