Deceptions Christians Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceptions Christians Believe

There are so many deceptions being taught in pulpits today. One of those deceptions is that grace is just to get you saved then you have to work at everything else. This deception spits in the face of Christ's work on the cross and the truth that is grace:

https://soundcloud.com/freedomsfortr...he-rest-part-1

Originally posted by jzeidler View Post
    There are so many deceptions being taught in pulpits today. One of those deceptions is that grace is just to get you saved then you have to work at everything else. This deception spits in the face of Christ's work on the cross and the truth that is grace:

Amen. Or the one where I have to give ten percent of my income to the church or God won't bless me. God blesses us before we give so any giving on our part is out of gratitude and never to receive a blessing. The best con-men are not out in the world they are in the church preaching a gospel that cannot save and fleecing the sheep for every dollar they can...just a disgrace to grace.

Comment

Deceptions Christians Believe

Originally posted by Epoisses View Post
      Amen. Or the one where I have to give ten percent of my income to the church or God won't bless me. God blesses us before we give so any giving on our part is out of gratitude and never to receive a blessing. The best con-men are not out in the world they are in the church preaching a gospel that cannot save and fleecing the sheep for every dollar they can...just a disgrace to grace.
      You should subscribe to that podcast because the topic of the tithe will be coming.

Comment

Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. However, Christians should not be lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
          Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. However, Christians should not be lazy.
          exactly. amen.

The most corrupt doctrine is to believe you don't have to work to be saved.

This is the most popular and practiced by most churches.

Comment

You should subscribe to that podcast because the topic of the tithe will be coming.
            I don't think this is a good idea at all. You seem to be redirecting members to another forum.
            So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
              I don't think this is a good idea at all. You seem to be redirecting members to another forum.
              It's not a forum. It's like ITunes.

Comment

Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
                Agreed, but they should be motivated based on their identity in Christ. Not a dead law.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  exactly. amen.

The most corrupt doctrine is to believe you don't have to work to be saved.

This is the most popular and practiced by most churches.
                  Just the opposite. Most churches teach falsely, like you

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                    Just the opposite. Most churches teach falsely, like you
                    Obviously you have not attended or visited mainstream churches.

Comment

I happen to agree with Meshak for once. Most mainstream churches teach all you need is love. Or that you don't have to do anything to receive salvation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Comment

Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
                        I happen to agree with Meshak for once. Most mainstream churches teach all you need is love. Or that you don't have to do anything to receive salvation.

because you've been to most churches?

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                          because you've been to most churches?
                          I have; all churches in my neighborhood. There are many churches here.

Comment

Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post

"most" or "many?" In my expirience, "most" churches I have attended near my home are very faithful to the Bible and teach about grace and the love of Christ but also focus a lot of sermons on the seriousness of sin and how to always be confessing and repenting. I know of "many" churches that are not lead by men and woman who are led by the Holy Spirit but the churches that ARE led by the Holy Spirit outweigh the ones that are not. But I live in western Canada so it may be different up here. I am thankful for the wonderful Spirit led churches in my part of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                              I have; all churches in my neighborhood. There are many churches here.
                              You just can't find a good church that teaches what you want hear

Comment

Working...
                              X