John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are like a kid who sees a puzzle while he is working on the middle. He sees a horse head on one end and a lion hind end on the other and throws out the lion back end and opens other boxes of puzzles until his picture makes sense.
Interesting image, Lon. Like your idea that it is like a puzzle, I think of the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV), borrowing the notion from materials science, as like a crystalline solid.

Crystalline solids are as their name implies crystalline, in their physical atomic structure. But no crystalline solid of any appreciable size is a single crystal, but is composed of multitudinous single crystals, joining together at what are called grain boundaries. Each single crystal is composed of the same types of atoms, so that the solid is of continuous composition all throughout.

The physics of the grain boundaries unite together all the single crystals into the one crystalline solid---analogous to the aforementioned kid completing the first puzzle of the horse and the lion all the way, if I'm understanding your thought correctly. Without grain boundaries, crystalline solids couldn't exist as anything but the finest powders, and this includes metal. Metal coins, tools, pieces and parts wouldn't exist, if not for the physical interactions at the grain boundaries between many, many tiny single crystals.

FWIW. :)

Reactions: Lon

Eagles Wings

Readers: the real issue is that freelight claims the bible contains errors, fables and contradictions and not breathed by God. Do we want freelight's alternative stories for replacements??? Do we, readers? ??

4d3f3e360f586e09a281ed7f4e662f7e.jpg
No.

The picture I have of new age, false teachers is a chicken behind a wolf's mask.

Last edited:

God's Truth

No, Jesus is present in the Holy Spirit,

What? Go ahead and try to explain that one.

but Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

I gave you scriptures that clearly says he is.

All of the persons of the trinity are present in each other, but they each have their own functions. The Holy Spirit did not die on the cross, nor did the Father.

The Holy Spirit IS Jesus' Spirit.

He died on the cross and then went to hell in his Spirit and then raised himself from the dead.

It is heresy to confuse the work and function of the trinity.

hahahahaha You need to tell me now how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are different.

Tell me now hot shot.

God the Father remains in heaven.

God the Son Comes into the world as the savior.

God the Holy Spirit magnifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer.

If you keep this strait the Bible will make sense. If you confuse the trinity nothing will make sense.

God says there is no one besides Him.
The Bible says that there is ONE SPIRIT.

You are the one who is deep in a pit of confusion.

Robert Pate

Banned
What? Go ahead and try to explain that one.

I gave you scriptures that clearly says he is.

The Holy Spirit IS Jesus' Spirit.

He died on the cross and then went to hell in his Spirit and then raised himself from the dead.

hahahahaha You need to tell me now how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are different.

Tell me now hot shot.

God says there is no one besides Him.
The Bible says that there is ONE SPIRIT.

You are the one who is deep in a pit of confusion.

This is why you are so screwed up. Jesus didn't raise himself from the dead.

Because Jesus had victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, God raised Jesus from the dead and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:32-36.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Interesting image, Lon. Like your idea that it is like a puzzle, I think of the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV), borrowing the notion from materials science, as like a crystalline solid.

Crystalline solids are as their name implies crystalline, in their physical atomic structure. But no crystalline solid of any appreciable size is a single crystal, but is composed of multitudinous single crystals, joining together at what are called grain boundaries. Each single crystal is composed of the same types of atoms, so that the solid is of continuous composition all throughout.

The physics of the grain boundaries unite together all the single crystals into the one crystalline solid---analogous to the aforementioned kid completing the first puzzle of the horse and the lion all the way, if I'm understanding your thought correctly. Without grain boundaries, crystalline solids couldn't exist as anything but the finest powders, and this includes metal. Metal coins, tools, pieces and parts wouldn't exist, if not for the physical interactions at the grain boundaries between many, many tiny single crystals.

FWIW. :)

'God' is love ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Readers: the real issue is that freelight claims the bible contains errors, fables and contradictions and not breathed by God. Do we want freelight's alternative stories for replacements??? Do we, readers? ??

Thanks heavens we have intelligence to consider all views and make up own minds on things.

'God' is Light :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Trinity is love, Freelight. :)

See my former dissertation on Unitarianism in Kingdom Rose's thread :)

If you follow my commentary, I have no HUGE problem with a trinitarian concept of Deity, for 'God' is a manifold ONE. I do share in current discussion however a more Unitarian Christology, and use that as a platform for 'creative dialogue', as a contrast over-view...showing the possible alternative views within Christology. Between Unitarianism and Trinitarianism...there is a broad spectrum. I dont pigeonhole 'God' or 'Christ' in any one particular slot necessarily. Remember, Deity is INFINITE :)

And yes,...if you have the Spirit of 'God', and express his divine nature and the fruits thereof,...'God' love u!

God's Truth

If you follow my commentary, I have no HUGE problem with a trinitarian concept of Deity, for 'God' is a manifold ONE. I do share in current discussion however a more Unitarian Christology, and use that as a platform for 'creative dialogue', as a contrast over-view...showing the possible alternative views within Christology. Between Unitarianism and Trinitarianism...there is a broad spectrum. I dont pigeonhole 'God' or 'Christ' in any one particular slot necessarily. Remember, Deity is INFINITE :)

And yes,...if you have the Spirit of 'God', and express his divine nature and the fruits thereof,...'God' love u!

Here is one scripture that disqualifies all religions that say there is more than one way to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Unitarians say there are more ways to the Father than Jesus is.

God's Truth

This is why you are so screwed up. Jesus didn't raise himself from the dead.

Because Jesus had victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, God raised Jesus from the dead and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:32-36.

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
1 Peter 3:18 Because The Messiah also died once for the sake of our sins, The Righteous One in the place of sinners, to bring you to God, and he died in body and lived in his Spirit.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Understanding Unitarianism.....

Understanding Unitarianism.....

Here is one scripture that disqualifies all religions that say there is more than one way to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Unitarians say there are more ways to the Father than Jesus is.

This is false, see here and do some more research on Unitarianism.

You have to understand the history of the use of the term, and what it includes within its broad catagory, as well as understand there is another catagory or schools that would also fit under 'non-trinitarianism'. See the wiki article below. More properly, Biblical Unitarianism DEFINITELY is 'Christian' and sees Jesus as the way, truth and life, just as any other so called 'Christian' does, holding to most all the traditional creeds of the faith, EXCEPT the orthodox definition of the Trinity. We would do well to note the differences and use the term 'Unitarian' with understanding what it means and entails.

Unitarianism

There are more liberal forms of Unitarianism, but these we must define and expound upon in discussion before just presuming or presupposing an exclusive definition.

Jesus and his earliest disciples/apostles would surely be 'Unitarian' by catagory.

God's Truth

This is false, see here and do some more research on Unitarianism.

You have to understand the history of the use of the term, and what it includes within its broad catagory, as well as understand there is another catagory or schools that would also fit under 'non-trinitarianism'. See the wiki article below. More properly, Biblical Unitarianism DEFINITELY is 'Christian' and sees Jesus as the way, truth and life, just as any other so called 'Christian' does, holding to most all the traditional creeds of the faith, EXCEPT the orthodox definition of the Trinity. We would do well to note the differences and use the term 'Unitarian' with understanding what it means and entails.

Unitarianism

There are more liberal forms of Unitarianism, but these we must define and expound upon in discussion before just presuming or presupposing an exclusive definition.

Jesus and his earliest disciples/apostles would surely be 'Unitarian' by catagory.

I know what Unitarian means, and I know what you said you believe.

You put down the Bible and say it has many false scriptures.

You say you go by other gods.

God in the Holy Bible says those other gods are the worship of demons, as is their doctrines.

Unitarians believe others can find God through their religious beliefs.
Here are some beliefs of Unitarians that I based my comment on concerning Unitarians… Unitarians do not believe Jesus is God; they also believe no religion can claim an absolute monopoly on the Holy Spirit or theological truth. They believe that though God inspired the authors of the Bible, they were humans and therefore subject to human error. Unitarians have liberal views of God, Jesus, the world and purpose of life as revealed through reason, scholarship, science, philosophy, scripture and other prophets and religions.

Lon

Again you have no absolute proof that the Bible, a collection of books written by human authors, is Gods very own personal words, as if written by his own hands.
Um, no. Unlike the BoM "men thought it was good..." or the UB that is the thoughts and musings of exSeventh Day Adventists, there are many places in the Bible itself that claim infallibility and inspiration. That fact that you've read much more of the BoM and UB? More than obvious, especially by this▲kind of admission.

The Bible on the face and historical record of it already has too many inconsistencies, myths, fables in it to even stand up to such a claim of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' (this claim is actually unnecessary).
...and men like me have the credentials to explain such to you. You NEVER asked (not that you'd give but a cursory excuse-making glance anyway...) It amounts to this being a Christian website and not really giving credence to your personal problems and exceptions anyway. After all, even those who didn't get their degree like I did, know you don't have one either. They are ALREADY inclined to believe what the rest of us think above your ad hoc. I just wish I could get you to rethink your lack of education as well :(

At best one can claim its inspired more or less in so much as it relates true principles, morals, ethics and spiritual precepts, having teaching parables that communicates right religious practice and human relations...and that would be the worth of it, as much as its properly interpreted and incorporated in one's life style it has meaning and some value. This standard goes for any and all religious books btw, if you want to keep whining about me attacking the Bible :rolleyes: - another red herring IMO.
Because amateur hour (you) don't know what the Bible actually says of itself nor that you are ignorant of such. It is simply a 'wrong opinion' you and a few amateur new agers without any study-time marked, gave out as if it were true. :nono: Nope, it is simply unprofessional emoting opinion that does indeed attack the message of the Bible. ALL of us who have read the Bible actually know this, professionally studied or otherwise. We know you are wrong. It isn't opinion. It is clear and blatantly wrong...all because of a Mormon bent you started life with...
God is still inspiring souls, so any one given book does not have the total of revelation in it,...since revelation in space and time is progressive, which is the state of affairs in this life now, as we grow/evolve in this dimension of existence,....all being 'relative'. Lets consider this again, all in this life in space-time evolution is 'relative'. The only reality that is absolute, is The Absolute Itself. - all else is distorted/limited/conditioned by space and time. - this includes our concepts, images and beliefs about 'God'.
:nono: This assumes a LOT. It assumes you never sin, are not at all displeased with your decisions and don't make 'mistakes' you'd correct if you had to do over. It also is simply 'self-discovery' and only navel gazing. It is literally limited to only what you can see with NO interjection by God. I assume I am creation, not Creator, therefore the answer is not within. Chapter 3 of the first Bible book: "You will be like God." Mormons have that verse too. It is something to guard against.
As far as me telling your version of 'god' that he's narrow,...well...I guess it might have some impact if he actually existed.

:think:
He CAN'T be. In your version, he is you AND you are finite (as am I). If your god is that, he is finite too. My God is infinite where I am finite. See the difference? It is stark and huge. If you find God, He must be outside of your finite self. He interacts, yes. He God-breathed, yes. Satan ruined that in the Garden. "You will be as God." This is your new age message. You realize that don't you? It is the same message exactly as the Serpent gave. You do realize that?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

"God is love," or "The Trinity is love," doesn't mean to me that if I just study and know what I think of as love, in my own opinion, that I will know God. It means the opposite, that as I learn more about Him, I also learn more about true love.

Reactions: Lon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Um, no. Unlike the BoM "men thought it was good..." or the UB that is the thoughts and musings of exSeventh Day Adventists, there are many places in the Bible itself that claim infallibility and inspiration. That fact that you've read much more of the BoM and UB? More than obvious, especially by this▲kind of admission.

...and men like me have the credentials to explain such to you. You NEVER asked (not that you'd give but a cursory excuse-making glance anyway...) It amounts to this being a Christian website and not really giving credence to your personal problems and exceptions anyway. After all, even those who didn't get their degree like I did, know you don't have one either. They are ALREADY inclined to believe what the rest of us think above your ad hoc. I just wish I could get you to rethink your lack of education as well :(

Because amateur hour (you) don't know what the Bible actually says of itself nor that you are ignorant of such. It is simply a 'wrong opinion' you and a few amateur new agers without any study-time marked, gave out as if it were true. :nono: Nope, it is simply unprofessional emoting opinion that does indeed attack the message of the Bible. ALL of us who have read the Bible actually know this, professionally studied or otherwise. We know you are wrong. It isn't opinion. It is clear and blatantly wrong...all because of a Mormon bent you started life with...
:nono: This assumes a LOT. It assumes you never sin, are not at all displeased with your decisions and don't make 'mistakes' you'd correct if you had to do over. It also is simply 'self-discovery' and only navel gazing. It is literally limited to only what you can see with NO interjection by God. I assume I am creation, not Creator, therefore the answer is not within. Chapter 3 of the first Bible book: "You will be like God." Mormons have that verse too. It is something to guard against.
He CAN'T be. In your version, he is you AND you are finite (as am I). If your god is that, he is finite too. My God is infinite where I am finite. See the difference? It is stark and huge. If you find God, He must be outside of your finite self. He interacts, yes. He God-breathed, yes. Satan ruined that in the Garden. "You will be as God." This is your new age message. You realize that don't you? It is the same message exactly as the Serpent gave. You do realize that?

Lon,

You have no idea.

God is love.

You make up a lot of words which mean nothing except in your own mind.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know what Unitarian means, and I know what you said you believe.

You put down the Bible and say it has many false scriptures.

You say you go by other gods.

God in the Holy Bible says those other gods are the worship of demons, as is their doctrines.

Unitarians believe others can find God through their religious beliefs.
Here are some beliefs of Unitarians that I based my comment on concerning Unitarians… Unitarians do not believe Jesus is God; they also believe no religion can claim an absolute monopoly on the Holy Spirit or theological truth. They believe that though God inspired the authors of the Bible, they were humans and therefore subject to human error. Unitarians have liberal views of God, Jesus, the world and purpose of life as revealed through reason, scholarship, science, philosophy, scripture and other prophets and religions.

You know little when you claim a dead man raised Himself from the dead.

You deny Christ died, You think His spirit was still alive because you say His spirit is God, thus making Jesus not a man at all.

You deny Gods son being in Heaven now at the right hand of God.

Yes I know "false accuser etc."

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
1 Peter 3:18 Because The Messiah also died once for the sake of our sins, The Righteous One in the place of sinners, to bring you to God, and he died in body and lived in his Spirit.

They are all present in each other, but they have their separate functions. If you confuse the work of the trinity the Bible will not make sense.

God the Father remains in heaven.

God the Son comes into the world as the savior.

God the Holy Spirit glorifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer.

God the Father is not the savior. God the Son is not the Holy Spirit, God the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.