Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Religious Love their Religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do the Religious Love their Religion?

They love their religion because their religion is all about them.

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he shall guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF." John 16:13.

Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or the Pentecostal religion is all about them, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered. All religions have one thing in common, they were all founded by a man and are controlled by men.

Paul said, "For we don't preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake" 2 Corinthians 4:5.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not about us, who are sinners. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to provide salvation for fallen man. Many think that the Gospel is just a Christian message to inspire you to be a better Christian and that it really didn't accomplish anything.

Today, the emphasis is on your life and not Christ life.

Your righteousness and not Christ righteousness.

Your victory over sin and not Christ victory over sin.

Your death to sin and not Christ death to sin.

Your piety and not Christ piety.

To say that religion is man centered may be an understatement. When people are centered on themselves and not on Christ, Satan is very happy. There is no Holy Spirit in religion. This is why religion is a failure. It fails to live up to what God requires, which is perfection.

The Christian is called to live his life before God as a sinner, a saved sinner. Sinners don't have anything to offer God, they come to Christ to receive salvation and the forgiveness of sins. Religion makes one proud and arrogant, like they have accomplished something in their flesh that God will accept. God only accepts the work, the righteouness and the piety of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him and on his merits.

we love the church Jesus built on a rock
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
      we love the church Jesus built on a rock
      If you loved the church that Jesus built on a rock.

You would love his Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You hate his Gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
        If you loved the church that Jesus built on a rock.

You would love his Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You hate his Gospel.
        I love the gospel
        the good news
        that
        we might be saved
        if
        we love God
        and
        our neighbor
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he shall guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF." John 16:13.

Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or the Pentecostal religion is all about them, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered. All religions have one thing in common, they were all founded by a man and are controlled by men.

Paul said, "For we don't preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake" 2 Corinthians 4:5.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not about us, who are sinners. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to provide salvation for fallen man. Many think that the Gospel is just a Christian message to inspire you to be a better Christian and that it really didn't accomplish anything.

Today, the emphasis is on your life and not Christ life.

Your righteousness and not Christ righteousness.

Your victory over sin and not Christ victory over sin.

Your death to sin and not Christ death to sin.

Your piety and not Christ piety.

To say that religion is man centered may be an understatement. When people are centered on themselves and not on Christ, Satan is very happy. There is no Holy Spirit in religion. This is why religion is a failure. It fails to live up to what God requires, which is perfection.

The Christian is called to live his life before God as a sinner, a saved sinner. Sinners don't have anything to offer God, they come to Christ to receive salvation and the forgiveness of sins. Religion makes one proud and arrogant, like they have accomplished something in their flesh that God will accept. God only accepts the work, the righteouness and the piety of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him and on his merits.
          Catholics... Calvinists
          Omniscience limited
          Prophetic guesses
          Election by observation
          No future yet

Comment

Is Patism all about you Robert?
            αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
            Worthy is the Lamb

Comment

Why does the heathen Pate rage and imagine vain things? Why do the proud and haughty not receive correction? Why do you think that your many repetitions will make yourself believable? Why is legend status so important that you continually post falsehood?
              Omniscience limited
              Prophetic guesses
              Election by observation
              No future yet

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                I love the gospel
                the good news
                that
                we might be saved
                if
                we love God
                and
                our neighbor
                Loveing God and your neighbor is not going to save you.

If you could be saved that way then Christ died in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by fishrovmen View Post
                  Why does the heathen Pate rage and imagine vain things? Why do the proud and haughty not receive correction? Why do you think that your many repetitions will make yourself believable? Why is legend status so important that you continually post falsehood?
                  Why do you continue to reject Christ and his Gospel?

Comment

Originally posted by Dialogos View Post
                    Is Patism all about you Robert?
                    No, but your religion is all about you.

Comment

...the Catholic religion...is all about them, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered.
                      ...the Brinsmead-ist religion...is all about Pate, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered.
                      "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

pate

Why do the Religious Love their Religion?
                        You should already know, you love pateism which like all world religions teach salvation by works, by what a person does, discounting what Christ did to save His People !
                        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                          ...the Brinsmead-ist religion...is all about Pate, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered.
                          My focus is always on the finished work of Christ for your salvation.

I don't teach man conceived religions as a means of salvation.

Your Catholic religion is 100% man centered.

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                            pate

You should already know, you love pateism which like all world religions teach salvation by works, by what a person does, discounting what Christ did to save His People !
                            No one can be saved by what they do or by what they believe.

Salvation is by what Christ did in our name and on our behalf.

Did you not chose Calvinism as a means of salvation? Something that you did.

Comment

No one can be saved by what they do or by what they believe.

Salvation is by what Christ did in our name and on our behalf.

Did you not chose Calvinism as a means of salvation? Something that you did.
                              You teach every day that a person is saved by what they do.
                              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Working...
                              X