Why do the Religious Love their Religion?

fishrovmen

It is not given to you to understand the Gospel because you are without the Holy Spirit, 2 Corinthians 4:3.

You need to renounce Calvinism and trust in Christ alone.

Not once did I ever have an English teacher at any level of education ask the class if they "have the Holy Spirit" so that they could understand basic English. No wonder you are confused. You are the Pope of Pateism and how is it that you cannot understand these things? John 3:12

Robert Pate

Banned
Not once did I ever have an English teacher at any level of education ask the class if they "have the Holy Spirit" so that they could understand basic English. No wonder you are confused. You are the Pope of Pateism and how is it that you cannot understand these things? John 3:12

And you think that a religion conceived by a heretic is a good thing?

I teach the truth backed by scripture.

You can't refute me because you don't have the truth. You have Calvinism which is the devils lie.

Robert Pate

Banned
how do you know that?

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners.

The Holy Spirit does not justify. Jesus Christ is the justifier, Romans 3:26. He justifies us with his righteousness.

beloved57

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners.

The Holy Spirit does not justify. Jesus Christ is the justifier, Romans 3:26. He justifies us with his righteousness.
You teach that a person must Do something to get Justified, but those Christ died for are reconciled/Justified while they are enemies Rom 5:10!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They love their religion because their religion is all about them.

No, actually it is all about Him.

The term religion is used in Scripture in positive (e.g., James 1:26, James 1:27) and negative (e.g., Acts 25:19, Acts 26:5, Colossians 2:23) contexts. There is a tendency among many today, in what I think is a wee bit of self-righteousness, to eschew the word religion, making it a shibboleth for the self-righteous, as if Scripture only denounced it whenever the word appeared. That is not the case (James 1:27). Christianity is a religion, the one, true, religion, so we need not be embarrassed by claiming this. Indeed, we should embrace it.

Religion is devotion, worship, and service to something, usually something supernatural.

Christian religion is devotion, worship, and service to the God revealed to us in Holy Scripture, the one, true God. That is why we claim that Christianity is the one, true, religion.

No, folks, the visible vestiges of Our Lord's bride wherein we worship in practice of our religion is not the whore Robert claims:

What you think is the Lord's bride I see as the "The great whore church" Revelation 17:5.

The church that I am a member of is the invisible church. It is composed of blood bought believers in Jesus Christ. There is no building, nor is there a paid staff. Chances are you would not like it because it is Gospel centered, not religion centered.

So, according to Robert, everyone assembling corporately to worship God is but a customer of a prostitute.

Robert does not attend any church, for his itching ears lead him to believe he has discovered what all around him have failed to do:

Robert Pate said:
Organized religion is anti-Gospel, anti-Christ, and is under the law.

I know I attended a baptist church for years, until I discovered the Gospel.

There is no Gospel being taught today. It is all about religion, which you love.

I wouldn't attend an organized church if you paid me.

Christ church is an invisible, spiritual church that cannot be seen, but can be heard. It is talking to you now.

Who really is not surprised by Robert's views?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ... The Gospel is ...the Gospel is just...

He claims to teach us what the Gospel is, yet denies the very foundation from which it springs:

Robert Pate said:
The bible is not a perfect book. It was written by men.

The sole purpose of the bible is to be a witness to the work and person of Jesus Christ. If you use it for any other purpose than that you have misused it.

It was never intended to be a book to live by.

Robert's malodorous views, cobbled together as he toils away in his basement isolated from the faithful, has led him far beyond the bounds. How can anyone among us who is attending a church sit idly by while Robert, in effect, declares our Pastors to be pimps for the whore church and ourselves customers of the immoral? Where is the righteous indignation among the faithful against such odious declarations? Does not even a dog bark when his master is attacked? Sigh.

AMR

False Prophet

One holiday the family was eating their holiday dinner, when one of the kids asked, "Why do you cut the end off of the ham?"; mother said, "Grandma always did!" So they asked Grandma, who was sitting at the table, "Why do we cut the end off of the ham?" Grandma said, "Great Grandma always did." So they asked Great Grandma, who was also sitting at the table, "Why do we cut the end off of the ham?" Great Grandma said, "It was the only way the ham would fit into the small oven."
So it is with our traditions! That is how we always did it. So we leave it at that. Excruciating Form does this, because that is how we always did it.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, actually it is all about Him.

The term religion is used in Scripture in positive (e.g., James 1:26, James 1:27) and negative (e.g., Acts 25:19, Acts 26:5, Colossians 2:23) contexts. There is a tendency among many today, in what I think is a wee bit of self-righteousness, to eschew the word religion, making it a shibboleth for the self-righteous, as if Scripture only denounced it whenever the word appeared. That is not the case (James 1:27). Christianity is a religion, the one, true, religion, so we need not be embarrassed by claiming this. Indeed, we should embrace it.

Religion is devotion, worship, and service to something, usually something supernatural.

Christian religion is devotion, worship, and service to the God revealed to us in Holy Scripture, the one, true God. That is why we claim that Christianity is the one, true, religion.

No, folks, the visible vestiges of Our Lord's bride wherein we worship in practice of our religion is not the whore Robert claims:

So, according to Robert, everyone assembling corporately to worship God is but a customer of a prostitute.

Robert does not attend any church, for his itching ears lead him to believe he has discovered what all around him have failed to do:

Who really is not surprised by Robert's views?

He claims to teach us what the Gospel is, yet denies the very foundation from which it springs:

Robert's malodorous views, cobbled together as he toils away in his basement isolated from the faithful, has led him far beyond the bounds. How can anyone among us who is attending a church sit idly by while Robert, in effect, declares our Pastors to be pimps for the whore church and ourselves customers of the immoral? Where is the righteous indignation among the faithful against such odious declarations? Does not even a dog bark when his master is attacked? Sigh.

AMR

You are sad case. How did you allow yourself to be so deceived?

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ refutes Calvinism.

God has reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. No one needs to be predestinated. Why would anyone need to be predestinated if God has reconciled the whole world to himself by Jesus Christ?

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for all.

You get angry because these scriptures are in the Bible and they refute your phony religion. You have a serious spiritual problem with the Bible and Gospel of Jesus Christ. I suspect that you are not saved.

beloved57

You are sad case. How did you allow yourself to be so deceived?

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ refutes Calvinism.

God has reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. No one needs to be predestinated. Why would anyone need to be predestinated if God has reconciled the whole world to himself by Jesus Christ?

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation has been provided for all.

You get angry because these scriptures are in the Bible and they refute your phony religion. You have a serious spiritual problem with the Bible and Gospel of Jesus Christ. I suspect that you are not saved.

Your problem is, you teach the false gospel of salvation by works ! That false system discounts all that Christ did to secure the Salvation of His People Matt 1:21 !

Robert Pate

Banned
Your problem is, you teach the false gospel of salvation by works ! That false system discounts all that Christ did to secure the Salvation of His People Matt 1:21 !

Jesus has done all that he can do to save you.

But if you don't receive what he has done, you will perish, John 1:12.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suspect that you are not saved.

Ignoring all my directed items to your sandy foundation notwithstanding, I will take "suspect" as making progress considering how often you have declared me lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent in the past. ;)

Of course, it may just be more evidence of your tendency to be double-minded when it suits your agenda:

Robert Pate said:
My posts stand for themselves. They are biblical and truthful.

I don't consider Calvinist to be Christians. Why don't you get saved and then we can discuss spiritual things if that is what you want to do?

Untill then you remain a natural man void of the Spirit of Christ.

Robert Pate said:
I don't know who is a Christian and who isn't.

So which is it, Robert? Don't let your mind be so open as to let your brain fall out. :AMR:

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Ignoring all my directed items to your sandy foundation notwithstanding, I will take "suspect" as making progress considering how often you have declared me lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent in the past. ;)

Of course, it may just be more evidence of your tendency to be double-minded when it suits your agenda:

So which is it, Robert? Don't let your mind be so open as to let your brain fall out. :AMR:

AMR

You seem to be intelligent, But then I know of some very intelligent Mormons that are probably as lost and hell bound as you are.

There are some things that a saved Christian cannot deny and that is the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

When you deny that Jesus is the savior of the whole world then you have denied that Jesus is Lord, 1 John 4:14.

When you deny that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, then you have denied that Jesus is Lord, 1 John 2:2.

You are in the same boat as my Mormon friends.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 John 4:14
The early church called attention to Jesus, who was appointed as Savior and given authority as Lord to save not only the Jews but also the Gentiles. The work of salvation, then, is worldwide in scope (John 3:16) for all kinds of persons, not each and every person.

1 John 2:2
For the sins of the whole world does not mean that every person will be saved, for John is clear that forgiveness of sins comes only to those who repent and believe the gospel (see 1 John 2:4, 23; 3:10; 5:12; John 3:18; 5:24).

AMR

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They love their religion because their religion is all about them.

Jesus said, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he shall guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF." John 16:13.

Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or the Pentecostal religion is all about them, that is what makes it a religion. it is all man centered. All religions have one thing in common, they were all founded by a man and are controlled by men.

Paul said, "For we don't preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake" 2 Corinthians 4:5.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not about us, who are sinners. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to provide salvation for fallen man. Many think that the Gospel is just a Christian message to inspire you to be a better Christian and that it really didn't accomplish anything.

Today, the emphasis is on your life and not Christ life.

Your righteousness and not Christ righteousness.

Your victory over sin and not Christ victory over sin.

Your death to sin and not Christ death to sin.

Your piety and not Christ piety.

To say that religion is man centered may be an understatement. When people are centered on themselves and not on Christ, Satan is very happy. There is no Holy Spirit in religion. This is why religion is a failure. It fails to live up to what God requires, which is perfection.

The Christian is called to live his life before God as a sinner, a saved sinner. Sinners don't have anything to offer God, they come to Christ to receive salvation and the forgiveness of sins. Religion makes one proud and arrogant, like they have accomplished something in their flesh that God will accept. God only accepts the work, the righteouness and the piety of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him and on his merits.

Esther ch 1-- Vashti.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
The early church called attention to Jesus, who was appointed as Savior and given authority as Lord to save not only the Jews but also the Gentiles. The work of salvation, then, is worldwide in scope (John 3:16) for all kinds of persons, not each and every person.

For the sins of the whole world does not mean that every person will be saved, for John is clear that forgiveness of sins comes only to those who repent and believe the gospel (see 1 John 2:4, 23; 3:10; 5:12; John 3:18; 5:24).

AMR

And those who repent and believe the Gospel are all, anyone, everyone, whosoever that shall hear and believe.

I find your doctrine of predestination to be sick and disgusting.

The Bible teaches that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, not for just "Some Certain Persons."