The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The facts are presented by your self.

Your elevation of the UB above the Bible tells us you do not know Jesus.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

LA
Paul had his own gospel, I don't pay much attention to him.

God's Truth

Paul had his own gospel, I don't pay much attention to him.

What an ignorant thing to say. Paul was a minister of the Lamb's Covenant:

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Paul even quoted Jesus speaking of this New Covenant of his shed blood on the cross:

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You do not know Jesus.

You reject His blood sacrifice at the cross as meaning anything.

Stay out of the Christian section of this board.

LA

There was salvation in the original gospel that Jesus and the apostles taught. Killing Jesus as a sacrifice was never what they taught. They didn't even know Jesus was leaving. John 14 "Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What an ignorant thing to say. Paul was a minister of the Lamb's Covenant:

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Paul even quoted Jesus speaking of this New Covenant of his shed blood on the cross:

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Paul never knew Jesus in the flesh. Jesus chose 12 other apostles. Saul, the persecutor of disciples of Jesus, had a change of heart. He was born again and brought his own ideas into the Christian religion that he built. He spent 3 years in Arabia refining his ideas.

I'm a disciple of Jesus not Paul.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
humanizing 'God'...................

humanizing 'God'...................

:nono: This is simply ignorance purporting its ignorant conception, PJ. It is your unstudied undisciplined opinion and nothing more. You have no degree, no prowess, no knowledge of this. It is merely the whim of a lab technician in his spare time, and an exMormon in his. That's it. That is all it will ever be. It is wrong and wrong-headed. Here is your sign. -Lon

Pure ignorance, your babble above.

My critique on God being 'jealous' stands, since 'God' is not limited or confined to human definitions or personality-traits of finite, imperfect and sin-tending humans. If God is pure love, in its utter fullness and perfection.....that love transcends any 'jealousy' that man might imagine or impose on God. If you want to serve a jealous God instead of a loving one, go ahead. - that jealousy goes along just as well with your concept of 'god' who also PASSES OVER souls and leaves them to suffer in hell, or to totally self-destruct without offering them grace that COULD save them. Your 'god' however CHOOSES to let leave these souls in HELL. Not only is this 'god' jealous, but maliciously cruel as well.

See: Challenging Preterition , The 'god' who passes over you, Original Sin busted, The exegesis of 'hell' and the wilting of TULIP.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Seriously? Really?

Seriously? Really?

You do not know Jesus.

You reject His blood sacrifice at the cross as meaning anything.

My commentary on questioning the efficacy or dogma of 'blood atonement' holds and you're thread-response to me specifically on this subject out shall be addressed in due time.

'God' shall be the judge of who knows Him or not.

Stay out of the Christian section of this board.

Exuse me? Seriously? wow.

For your information, I am NOT posting in the ECT section of this forum. I have in the past, but now direct my discussion ventures and dialogues HERE, in the Religion section. I can and MAY FREELY post and engage in DISCUSSION anywhere else in this forum as a faithful SUBSCRIBER and unique contributor here.

Your religious egotism, bias and bigotry is noted, which is wholly unnecessary.

Lon

My critique on God being 'jealous' stands.

:nono: Scripture stands, not your or my feeble attempts. You don't value God's so are at the mercies of the trivial and common man and what he thinks. It surely doesn't 'stand.' More often than not if falls. It MUST be propped by the God who sustains the universe (which means really, repeating only what He says). My God's ways are 'higher' than yours and mine. :think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:nono: Scripture stands, not your or my feeble attempts. You don't value God's so are at the mercies of the trivial and common man and what he thinks. It surely doesn't 'stand.' More often than not if falls. It MUST be propped by the God who sustains the universe (which means really, repeating only what He says). My God's ways are 'higher' than yours and mine. :think:
Romans 11:34 KJV - 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV =

Reactions: Lon

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: This one is about forum length, isn't it? :) "Threads" yes. "Forums" no. This one is almost a section (subsection?) all to itself so I think I see what you mean :)
They are so destructive to God's words.

17022075_1108133822632202_1163373247730700255_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

God's Truth

Paul never knew Jesus in the flesh. Jesus chose 12 other apostles. Saul, the persecutor of disciples of Jesus, had a change of heart. He was born again and brought his own ideas into the Christian religion that he built. He spent 3 years in Arabia refining his ideas.

I'm a disciple of Jesus not Paul.

Paul taught the same thing as the other apostles and Jesus Christ himself.

i gave you scriptures but you just ignored them.

You pick and choose what you want and add things that do not belong, you have a fake God.

God's Truth

There was salvation in the original gospel that Jesus and the apostles taught. Killing Jesus as a sacrifice was never what they taught. They didn't even know Jesus was leaving. John 14 "Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus explained to them the Way.

How is it that you say Jesus didn't teach them that he must die and raise again?

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Acts 8:32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: "He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Bigotry is bigotry...............

Bigotry is bigotry...............

I have never seen you being so harsh to anyone. Why to LA?

Not harsh, but calling it as I see it. Not going to rehash it, since you can read our dialogue here for yourself, his demeanor in trying to ostracize me from any part of the forum here, attempting to censor my voice. They tried to that in the Crusades and witch-hunts of old, but not having it here. - the audacity to say DONT post in the 'Christian' section here. (because you're not a 'Christian' by my 'definition' or 'standards').

- so you'd prefer I just suck it up, and tolerate this treatment? Not happening.

Let the subject matter of each thread be attended, and free discourse thereon. Thats the purpose a discussion forum. NOT pretending to false piety, division, segregating oneself as superior or 'orthodox' while banning or exiling another because they have different religious views, perspectives and interpretations of scripture than you. Can see right thru it.

I'd so rather not engage in this kind of exchange, as my fort'e is in diving into stimulating and thought-provoking discussion on matters or real value and meaning. So, I'd prefer not to engage in this kind of ninny-picking and shallow banter where it becomes a volleyball match of egos contending, and not any real discussion of a subject being engaged. Life is what you do with the space and time that is afforded you. We have a certain grant and allottment of time given,....why squander it?

just for the record -

Bigotry:

1) obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices :
2) a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc.
3) stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
4) the attitudes, behaviour, or way of thinking of a bigot; prejudice; intolerance
5) Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

synonyms: 1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination, dogmatism, unfairness, sectarianism, phariseeism.

God's Truth

Not harsh, but calling it as I see it. Not going to rehash it, since you can read our dialogue here for yourself, his demeanor in trying to ostracize me from any part of the forum here, attempting to censor my voice. They tried to that in the Crusades and witch-hunts of old, but not having it here. - the audacity to say DONT post in the 'Christian' section here. (because you're not a 'Christian' by my 'definition' or 'standards').

- so you'd prefer I just suck it up, and tolerate this treatment? Not happening.

Let the subject matter of each thread be attended, and free discourse thereon. Thats the purpose a discussion forum. NOT pretending to false piety, division, segregating oneself as superior or 'orthodox' while banning or exiling another because they have different religious views, perspectives and interpretations of scripture than you. Can see right thru it.

I'd so rather not engage in this kind of exchange, as my fort'e is in diving into stimulating and thought-provoking discussion on matters or real value and meaning. So, I'd prefer not to engage in this kind of ninny-picking and shallow banter where it becomes a volleyball match of egos contending, and not any real discussion of a subject being engaged. Life is what you do with the space and time that is afforded you. We have a certain grant and allottment of time given,....why squander it?

just for the record -

Bigotry:

3) stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
4) the attitudes, behaviour, or way of thinking of a bigot; prejudice; intolerance

synonyms: 1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination, dogmatism, unfairness, sectarianism, phariseeism.

For heaven's sake.

I think you may fare better by dropping the 'martyr complex', and 'holier than thou' mentality. - and I mean this in the 'assumption' and 'posture' that one has the absolute truth or only true 'interpretation' of scripture, when so many 'interpretations' exist, and may be just as tenable. There are also more than one way to describe an elephant, and its various parts....recall the story of the blind men and the elephant :)

'Truth' is relative (beyond the actuality of absolute reality itself), and 'theology' is subject to so much 'translation' and 'interpretation'. Better to engage the subjects under discussion (treating them), then demean or belittle persons. Engaging in pot shots, demonizing, and kindergarten antics reflects immaturity and spiritual retardation. - just saying.

Remember,...regarding 'theology'.... it is true religious principles, values and ethics that matter, how these are realized and practiced in relationships, how one treats others. This is what fundamentally counts. LOVE. This is what DEITY judges you by, and it remains a universal principle, a conduct of nature that you reap what you sow, - measure for measure. - here the proper understanding of 'karma' holds,...and note...properly understood.

Debates or discussion can be done in a similiar ethic, tone and respect....with love and wisdom guiding, directing the dialogue. Love is always edifying, NEVER demeaning, devaluing, depressing, belittling, condesending. Much is really about in what manner or spirit we are behaving. Discussion such as in an open forum as this, provides an opportunity to see HOW we are engaging with others, and the chance to change or modify our words and tone with one another,.....by editing and researching our commentary, before we actually 'submit' it. Thank God for the editing/preview mode for this. I find myself editing quite a bit, before actually posting, and even sometimes AFTER posting.

We are judged by our logos,....the words we share,....for 'words' carry creative/productive....or destructive power. "death and life are in the power of the tongue". Some things to think about.

Take your own advice.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
It is the only way he can try and justify his rejection of the atoning sacrifice of Christ.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

LA

No worries,...your thread will be addressed :thumb:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

My critique on God being 'jealous' stands, since 'God' is not limited or confined to human definitions or personality-traits of finite, imperfect and sin-tending humans. If God is pure love, in its utter fullness and perfection.....that love transcends any 'jealousy' that man might imagine or impose on God. If you want to serve a jealous God instead of a loving one, go ahead. - that jealousy goes along just as well with your concept of 'god' who also PASSES OVER souls and leaves them to suffer in hell, or to totally self-destruct without offering them grace that COULD save them. Your 'god' however CHOOSES to let leave these souls in HELL. Not only is this 'god' jealous, but maliciously cruel as well.

See: Challenging Preterition , The 'god' who passes over you, Original Sin busted, The exegesis of 'hell' and the wilting of TULIP.

Pure humanism, unchristian, and poor understanding of the Bible.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

just for the record -

Bigotry:

Lies.

So when you try and correct others, it is the love of God, and when you face correction it is --

narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination, dogmatism, unfairness, sectarianism, phariseeism.

Face up Freelight, you disregard the sacrifice of Christ which reconciles men to God, and you want to charge God as being wicked.

You totally reject it.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.