I will not vote for trump

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why is that the most important thing to you as far as the realms of politics or the economy or world affairs or what is going on in our culture goes?

Why does your dislike for trump and his supporters overwhelm all other concerns in this world?
I don't really understand what you're getting at. It's not as if I like Trump's ideas but don't want him to be president because of everything else (though I do like some of what he says, particularly trade). He has ideas I don't like and he's being driven by sentiments that I don't like either.

ClimateSanity

I don't really understand what you're getting at. It's not as if I like Trump's ideas but don't want him to be president because of everything else (though I do like some of what he says, particularly trade). He has ideas I don't like and he's being driven by sentiments that I don't like either.

There are plenty of concerns in this world . The damage the establishment has done the last two decades is enormous in my mind. If you fail to see that, then your reasoning concerning trump is valid. If you agree that someone needs to pull the brakes on the coming train wreck, then your concerns over trumps personality or your distaste for the supposed xenophobia and homophobia and sexism of his followers and their tacky way of life is trivial. It tells me that giving them any credence at all would make life much worse than anything that has happened in the last two decades. It tells me political correctness is of utmost importance to you. You think climate change is serious and draconian methods are necessary including further impoverishing the poor. If that's where you are coming from, then it makes sense. You are basically in agreement with the establishment.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Aagreed, adding that Hillary is everything I hate about Beltway politicians...going to be a long, long cycle.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't really understand what you're getting at. It's not as if I like Trump's ideas but don't want him to be president because of everything else (though I do like some of what he says, particularly trade).

you are wrong about that
-and
-trump is wrong about that
-get a clue
-it is all about trade, stupid

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump is the best choice
The kind of people that any president would want as a vice president or in their cabinet will refuse to serve in a Trump Administration.

Not even the Republican Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate have given Trump their unconditional endorsements.

Republican candidates for House and Senate seats in 2016 are also distancing themselves from Trump - largely because of his racist statements concerning Muslims and Hispanics!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The kind of people that any president would want as a vice president or in their cabinet will refuse to serve in a Trump Administration.

Not even the Republican Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate have given Trump their unconditional endorsements.

Republican candidates for House and Senate seats in 2016 are also distancing themselves from Trump - largely because of his racist statements concerning Muslims and Hispanics!
Trump will fix that!!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There are plenty of concerns in this world . The damage the establishment has done the last two decades is enormous in my mind.
What do you think Trump will do to address it?

If you fail to see that, then your reasoning concerning trump is valid. If you agree that someone needs to pull the brakes on the coming train wreck, then your concerns over trumps personality or your distaste for the supposed xenophobia and homophobia and sexism of his followers and their tacky way of life is trivial. It tells me that giving them any credence at all would make life much worse than anything that has happened in the last two decades. It tells me political correctness is of utmost importance to you. You think climate change is serious and draconian methods are necessary including further impoverishing the poor. If that's where you are coming from, then it makes sense. You are basically in agreement with the establishment.
Political correctness is not of utmost importance to me. As a rule I think I tend toward the other way. However, I do expect and desire some level of civility and respectability that is utterly lacking in Trump. He is running to be the President for pete's sake.

I am a bit of a tree-hugger, though I'm not sure what you mean by draconian methods. I don't know if that's really an 'establishment' thing. At the very least, it's rare to see someone in the Republican party want to do anything serious about it so it would be only a Democratic establishment issue.

I've never made a claim to be super anti-establishment but it probably depends on the issue so I'm not going to make a blanket statement that I agree with them.

Our conversation started from me saying I might vote for Clinton. If any other candidate got the Republican nomination then I would be voting for Gary Johnson. And I still might. Only depends on how the PA polls are looking by election day. But I my desire for Trump to lose is strong enough that I will possibly vote for Clinton. And it's not just about his personality or the various phobias of his supporters. Some of it's because I think he's taken political discourse, which was already horrible in our country, to a new low. Some of it's about his policies. Some of it's because Trump changes positions all the time. I don't know any of his supporters can trust him. Some of it's because I don't think Trump has a single principled bone in his body. It seems like all he really cares about is what will get done whatever job he wants to get done. He may be going your way now but if the winds change or if he sees a different solution in the future?? He seems to judge our foreign policy on what our enemies are doing instead of what values we should have for ourselves. Some of it's because his campaign is driven by anger and fear that gives me concern about what might end up being justified. There might be more but that's a decent list for now. I know Clinton has a laundry list also and I'd take no pleasure in voting for her but there is something about Trump that concerns me more.

But as I've said before, Trump's support is also being driven by some legitimate concerns and if the other side simply ignores or demonizes them then another Trump could come along next time. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. I don't have much hope though.