Derailment thread for any and all derailments

WizardofOz

If you don't like my posts — and the were numerous, substantial contributions to that discussion from me — put me on ignore. :up:

And quit whining. :up:
:hammer:
Why did the thread get closed, genius? Go ahead and see if you can figure that one out for us...apparently you ran out of ways to 'substantially contribute'.

I can't ignore a thread being closed. I rarely read your posts but you're ruining it for others.

How about you grow up a bit? Or, when your brain shuts off...just log out and stop trolling.

You clearly don't know when to just shut up.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And it happened again. Respond if you'd like ok doser but I am about done with this place. I had a post created and, what do you know - thread has been closed because Stripe is trolling barbarian.

[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] - if Stripe is disrupting a thread, give him and infraction or remove him from the thread. I read that helpful tidbit in 'How to be a mod 101'

well, no

barbie was trolling clete

Cite?

That women are disproportionately executed for crimes like adultery?

Stoning is used as a punishment for adultery, or zina. It is a method used to control the sexuality and bodies of both men and women, but women are more often the victims. The issue of stoning takes place within the much broader conversation about gender discrimination, women’s basic freedoms and culturally-justified violence against women. Simply put, women are more likely to be found guilty of adultery than men – because the hegemonic interpretations of Islamic law, personal status laws, poverty, and illiteracy among women all increase the likelihood of their conviction, either in a court of law or by the community.

Link

I'll see if I can dig some figures from Amnesty International or others...

This is where I strongly disagree. 45% of females are married before the age of 18 in Somalia and 8% before 15 :vomit:.

You think these unions are out of love? Somalia is wrought with forced marriage, arranged marriage, kidnapping and child marriage

These countries hardly compare to the US in any way as far as marriage goes.

If adultery is criminalized to the point of execution, the marriage rate will plummet further.

That is my point.

Oh, you small government types crack me up. :D

Less marriage, overall. You can't agree with that? It's rather obvious, isn't it?

Unless it hurts your position, I suppose.

i'm sorry WoO - this has become too much of a tangled mess to deal with - having to bounce back to a closed thread to see what I said (that you're responding to), unable to quote, copy and paste from the closed thread

bleah

you've made your points, i've made my points, doesn't look like either of us is gonna budge the other, so let it drop

thanks for the discussion :)

WizardofOz

well, no

barbie was trolling clete

i'm sorry WoO - this has become too much of a tangled mess to deal with - having to bounce back to a closed thread to see what I said (that you're responding to), unable to quote, copy and paste from the closed thread

bleah

you've made your points, i've made my points, doesn't look like either of us is gonna budge the other, so let it drop

thanks for the discussion :)

:wave:

Later TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And it happened again. Respond if you'd like ok doser but I am about done with this place. I had a post created and, what do you know - thread has been closed because Stripe is trolling barbarian.
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] - if Stripe is disrupting a thread, give him and infraction or remove him from the thread. I read that helpful tidbit in 'How to be a mod 101'

Let the adults talk.

Cite?

That women are disproportionately executed for crimes like adultery?

Stoning is used as a punishment for adultery, or zina. It is a method used to control the sexuality and bodies of both men and women, but women are more often the victims. The issue of stoning takes place within the much broader conversation about gender discrimination, women’s basic freedoms and culturally-justified violence against women. Simply put, women are more likely to be found guilty of adultery than men – because the hegemonic interpretations of Islamic law, personal status laws, poverty, and illiteracy among women all increase the likelihood of their conviction, either in a court of law or by the community.

Link

I'll see if I can dig some figures from Amnesty International or others...

This is where I strongly disagree. 45% of females are married before the age of 18 in Somalia and 8% before 15 :vomit:.

You think these unions are out of love? Somalia is wrought with forced marriage, arranged marriage, kidnapping and child marriage

These countries hardly compare to the US in any way as far as marriage goes.

If adultery is criminalized to the point of execution, the marriage rate will plummet further.

That is my point.

Oh, you small government types crack me up. :D

Less marriage, overall. You can't agree with that? It's rather obvious, isn't it?

Unless it hurts your position, I suppose.
No, Stripe was not the reason I closed the thread.

Barbarian was trolling Clete, or at the very least, being extremely dishonest in his discussion with him.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:hammer:
Why did the thread get closed, genius?
Because a troll entered, which was the straw that broke the camel's back, apparently.

If you think one post from me mocking Barbarian was the reason, you need to wake up.

Apparently you ran out of ways to substantially contribute.
:idunno:

Try me.

I can't ignore a thread being closed. I rarely read your posts but you're ruining it for others.
By adding well-thought-through, on-topic, substantive posts that don't have Town's grammar and spelling errors?

I don't think so, sonshine. :nono:

How about you grow up a bit? :up:

ok doser

actually, to return to WoO's post and my response to it (doesn't pass the sniff test), it would have been interesting to have had a calm rational discussion with WoO

instead, we had an emotional series of tirades chock-full of more logical fallacies than I would have believed possible, from someone other than WoO

the point i made originally, which got buried in all the racist crap brought in by artie (iranians and somalians are nothing like us!) was that in my case, in my marriage, and those marriages of friends and families, there was absolutely no consideration given to the penalties attached to adultery - it wasn't on our radar at all

well, as long as you're still here [MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION]

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
actually, to return to WoO's post and my response to it (doesn't pass the sniff test), it would have been interesting to have had a calm rational discussion with WoO

instead, we had an emotional series of tirades chock-full of more logical fallacies than I would have believed possible, from someone other than WoO

the point i made originally, which got buried in all the racist crap brought in by artie (iranians and somalians are nothing like us!) was that in my case, in my marriage, and those marriages of friends and families, there was absolutely no consideration given to the penalties attached to adultery - it wasn't on our radar at all

well, as long as you're still here [MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION]
And I was reading along with your posts and Wiz's replies. Notice how little I got involved in that? It is called respect for a conversation.

Unfortunately, he's thrown his toys because Barbarian got the thread locked and he thinks somehow I'm to blame. :idunno:

ok doser

And I was reading along with your posts and Wiz's replies. Notice how little I got involved in that? It is called respect for a conversation.

Unfortunately, he's thrown his toys because Barbarian got the thread locked and he thinks somehow I'm to blame. :idunno:

barbie is probably sitting in his cave chortling over the division and disruption he successfully sowed

it's always nicer here when he's on a long-term timeout

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
barbie is probably sitting in his cave chortling over the division and disruption he successfully sowed

I thought it was dementia that was his issue. :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

@JudgeRightly - if Stripe is disrupting a thread, give him and infraction or remove him from the thread. I read that helpful tidbit in 'How to be a mod 101'

Let the adults talk.

You're welcome here anytime, Wiz. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I thought it was dementia that was his issue. :idunno:

doser and Stripe - so predictable

11-mengossip.jpg