Ebola is in the USA. Does this frighten you?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the first Ebola patient has been confirmed in the USA at a Dallas area hospital.

Does this news frighten you?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced Tuesday that the man who is the first confirmed case of Ebola in America had originally come to the hospital the previousThursday due to an unknown illness. The man was then sent home with a prescription for antibiotics and spent three days out in the general public before coming back to the Dallas hospital Sunday, when officials confirmed he had indeed contracted the Ebola virus.

CDC Director Thomas Frieden said that the agency is trying to track down anyone who had been in contact with the man from Thursday to Sunday. “There is no doubt in my mind that we will stop it here,” Frieden said confidently at a press conference at CDC Headquarters in Atlanta.

Frieden continued: “Ebola doesn’t spread before someone gets sick, and he didn’t get sick until four days after he got off the airplane. So we don’t believe there was any risk to anyone on the flight at that time.”

FULL STORY

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Obama said not to worry.

this is the aspect that worries me the most - that the decisions at the highest level about this potential crisis are being made by an affirmative action president who has proven time after time that he is unqualified for the job

ContaMundum

Not frightened, but certainly not calm about the situation. Just wish I knew who to believe on the topic as there are so many conflicting views going around.

musterion

this is the aspect that worries me the most - that the decisions at the highest level about this potential crisis are being made by an affirmative action president who has proven time after time that he is unqualified for the job

Indeed.

If I hear it's been found in the local school system, my kindergartner and preschooler are both coming OUT that same day.

whitestone

yea he sent troops over there and they flanked him,,,

shagster01

So far it's just one guy. I don't get frightened over the sickness of one guy. If it spreads to quite a few people, maybe my concern will grow a little.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
what frightens me is the time spent on one or two issues
so
what is really important is not getting the attention it should be getting

IMJerusha

So the first Ebola patient has been confirmed in the USA at a Dallas area hospital.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced Tuesday that the man who is the first confirmed case of Ebola in America had originally come to the hospital the previousThursday due to an unknown illness. The man was then sent home with a prescription for antibiotics and spent three days out in the general public before coming back to the Dallas hospital Sunday, when officials confirmed he had indeed contracted the Ebola virus.

CDC Director Thomas Frieden said that the agency is trying to track down anyone who had been in contact with the man from Thursday to Sunday. “There is no doubt in my mind that we will stop it here,” Frieden said confidently at a press conference at CDC Headquarters in Atlanta.

Frieden continued: “Ebola doesn’t spread before someone gets sick, and he didn’t get sick until four days after he got off the airplane. So we don’t believe there was any risk to anyone on the flight at that time.”

FULL STORY

I'm concerned that the CDC doesn't have the handle on it that they think they do. I guess time will tell.

fool

Hall of Fame

NO, a man that traveled to a region that was known to have the virus, while there took a person with the virus to a clinic that was full and got turned away, took the person back to their home and carried them inside, then got on a plane and came here, went to a hospital saying he was sick, told them where he had been, got sent home with a bottle of pills, had contact with 100 or so people until he was so sick he was puking the virus all over the lawn of an apartment complex, then went back to the hospital in an ambulance to finally get diagnosed, is finally getting treated.

What about that would frighten anybody?

JPPT1974

By all means it is very scary! Indeed need to take caution no matter what. For the greater good.

fool

Hall of Fame
So far it's just one guy. I don't get frightened over the sickness of one guy. If it spreads to quite a few people, maybe my concern will grow a little.

But by the time you find out that "quite a few" are sick they have infected many more, and by the time you find that out many, many more are infected, so on and so forth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
NO, a man that traveled to a region that was known to have the virus, while there took a person with the virus to a clinic that was full and got turned away, took the person back to their home and carried them inside, then got on a plane and came here, went to a hospital saying he was sick, told them where he had been, got sent home with a bottle of pills, had contact with 100 or so people until he was so sick he was puking the virus all over the lawn of an apartment complex, then went back to the hospital in an ambulance to finally get diagnosed, is finally getting treated.

What about that would frighten anybody?

Oh and the apartment complex was telling reporters that before today, no one from the CDC notified them (the apartments) that this was happening, so loads more people have been in contact with this guy.

What about the sheets and things he was in contact with when he went to the hospital the FIRST time - they would have been thrown in regular laundry as well as other hospital things, so who knows who else this will affect?

Anyone from any area where this is prevalent should either be denied travel till its over or agree to a 21 day isolation period before leaving the area, period. Thats how you stop this.

musterion

We're now told that it's only transmissible if you touch puke or spit. What about the reports from doctors, only a few weeks ago, that this virus can be spread via a sneeze or cough? So which is it?

If your primary goal was to allay panic for as long as possible because you really didn't know how many cases are out there, which would you want the populace to believe?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We're now told that it's only transmissible if you touch puke or spit. What about the reports from doctors, only a few weeks ago, that this virus can be spread via a sneeze or cough? So which is it?

If your primary goal was to allay panic for as long as possible because you really didn't know how many cases are out there, which would you want the populace to believe?

And this guy was puking all around that apartment complex, and in that apartment (where they are now keeping that family - they should have isolated them somewhere else, since his fluids are in there- so now they have upped the chance they get it too)

then we have animals could come in contact with his vomit and then those animals come in contact with children, etc..

They do NOT have this under control.