The Omnibox: all things television

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I still can't get enough of Barney Miller.
Like trying to get enough sunshine...though I suppose you can get enough of that...at least enough to cause cancer...I don't think you can get cancer from Barney Miller though...unless you sit too close to the tv...wait...okay, unless you hold your cell phone too close to your eyes...

That might do it. :plain:

SaulToPaul 2

Like trying to get enough sunshine...though I suppose you can get enough of that...at least enough to cause cancer...I don't think you can get cancer from Barney Miller though...unless you sit too close to the tv...wait...okay, unless you hold your cell phone too close to your eyes...

That might do it. :plain:

I think Bernice gave Fish cancer.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think Bernice gave Fish cancer.
I have it on good authority that Fish prevents cancer. :plain:

Also heart disease, high cholesterol and ratings.

Barney Miller show was so intelligent and witty. I hated it when I was a kid, but now I get it.
So what changed? (see what I did there?) :eek:

I never watched it as a kid.

:chuckle: You were an adult in the 70s right?
He watched it waiting for his Medicaid check to clear. :poly:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's amazing to me how few of the major networks field anything I'm interested in watching these days, considering the glee with which I once greeted the arrival of the Fall Tv Guide magazine. Seems like ages since that happened...probably has been.

Anyway, what started this consideration was someone telling me that the new Star Trek series, that looked interesting in trailers, was going to be exclusively on this new CBS attempt to eat at the trough of Netflix and other pay services. The primary problem with their gambit, to my mind, is that outside of that I'm not going to watch very much and why pay most of what I pay for Netflix to see a show or two?

They'd be better off producing it and selling it to Netflix. I can't see the service working or people accustomed to a great deal of original programming shelling out much for a show and what amounts to TV Land access or reruns on demand.

So I guess I'll have to wait this Trek out.

In the meantime, looking across the CBS landscape...dust...Big Bang? Isn't that when it premiered?

Kevin CAN Wait if he expects me to watch bad television.

Mom is a trainwreck that's mostly good for reminding me how good the actresses in it were with better material.

Life in Pieces is funny, but I keep forgetting it's on. So how funny can it be?

Scorpion stings...and that's Monday.

Last edited: