Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Shoot. I didn't realize it was popular. In that case all of my objections are nullified. :plain:
Contextualized. And like I said, you don't get it, don't like it and it obviously isn't for you. That's okay. It doesn't have to be. But I'll also note that prior to your lament you contributed exactly one post to the effort.

So, again, my thought is if I don't mind doing the work of compiling and people show up to read it and no one wants to actually fuel the other idea and if those who get the point find it entertaining then that's worth my time. So it's for fool and anna and AB and vegas and everyone else who stops by to follow a link, an argument or just have a chuckle, with or without agreeing with me. That's a good to my mind.

even if the creation of this thread had it written between the lines, but that's why sod's approach is arguably the only reasonable one.
Trolling a thread is reasonable. Thanks for providing insight into your context. I doubt it was necessary, but thanks just the same.

I just like to toss the blatantly obvious out there every once in awhile and see what happens.
Right. It's a gift. The blatantly part anyway. :D

In any case, think on it, especially as you encounter the phenomenon more and more
Meh. I've been here since 2006 and it's about the way it always has been. I've always had the same sort of voices that dislike me and the same sort who don't. That's life for you. My friends list hasn't lost many and has gained a few for the few that are no longer properly on it, though I do need to prune it. I've had a few dust ups with friends over ideas, but that happens. The ones worth keeping will always distinguish between the idea and the person and they by and large have.

recall the same thing happening in the past (on TOL including Todah, zoo and granite in the first sea change, Spectrox and a number of agnostics and atheists, as well as the administration and a large number of people who see two sides to your one-sided reporting).
Man, that wasn't even approaching the outskirts of fair. :think: You're conflating two threads and meanings. First things first then.

Todah said a few things, made a few assumptions that just weren't in the ballpark, but there's no animosity between us, at least not on my end of it. He and I haven't had a lot of interaction over the years.

In the Sea Change thread I took a position about apostasy that I understood would be unpopular in more than a few quarters. But while zoo and I haven't always agreed we've never had a falling out over disagreeing. As for whether I met harder opposition from some atheists or agnostics, I don't know why that would be of moment or unexpected given the thing being spoken to and of in that thread. In the past when you tried this truth by numbers you'd include Pure and kmo. I'm glad you've corrected at least that much, though I think your vague others was meant to convey that in part. The truth is more than a few people weren't really hearing me for a while and some, like Pure and kmo, came to realize that over the course of the thread because while we differ, they're capable of divorcing that difference from personality.

And heck, as to the feud thread, I'm tired of the feud. But if history tells us anything it's that no matter what my approach Sod isn't going to change his focus. And the feud never has been an equal affair.

I haven't once questioned Sod's faith and I have always stood ready to embrace him as a brother in Christ. But so long as he stalks and defames I reserve the right to respond to it.

And that's that. :e4e:

zippy2006

Even if none of that makes any sense to you, consider the fact that a Gazette is generally about more than one person. See if you can incorporate conversations between people other than yourself. Also see if you can choose less polemical conversations, things where each side actually has good points. I guarantee that would lessen the aggression.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't know what that means?
Doesn't matter.

Speaking of numbers. In the last 25 created threads I've made Res has made it to...16 of them. He's currently the third highest poster in this thread, at 30 posts, second only to sky's 40.

The more you know, the less you're like those two. :eek:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Town Heretic 108
sky. 40
resurrected 30
bybee 26
IMJerusha 18
annabenedetti 14
Eeset 14
Rusha 9
Quincy 9
xAvarice 8
Wile E. Coyote 7
Tambora 6
vegascowboy 6
zippy2006 4
Arthur Brain 4
Delmar 3
alwight 3
fool 3
Inzl Kett 3
quip 2
Dorcas Wode 2
Saved.One.by.Grace 2
Psalmist 2
Breathe 2
Dena 1
zoo22 1
Grosnick Marowbe 1

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are we supposed to try for points?
You should try for one now and again, if only for the novelty. :plain:

Thanks for the print out. So I'm at 108 and the people who passionately went about the place wishing I weren't about the place are coming in within the top ten posters.

Sometimes all they have to do is show up to make your point for you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OK here is a point. In my time here I have never seen you post about a wife. Maybe I missed it. Does she work while you stay home?
I don't discuss my private life with people who don't have my well being in mind.

And you don't like chit chat anyway. Or maybe you do today. Who knows? :idunno:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't discuss my private life with people who don't have my well being in mind.

And you don't like chit chat anyway. Or maybe you do today. Who knows? :idunno:
So you think me being curious is somehow a threat? That is strange.

Arthur Brain

OK here is a point. In my time here I have never seen you post about a wife. Maybe I missed it. Does she work while you stay home?

Um, I've not seen that many members here post about their wives or husbands to any great extent. Why would - or should they? What actual business is it of yours anyway?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So you think me being curious is somehow a threat?
I think there's no reason for you to be curious that doesn't involve some malicious intent. Right. Your history rather bears that out. I don't find it threatening, but I don't talk about family with your sort of person.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think there's no reason for you to be curious that doesn't involve some malicious intent. Right. Your history rather bears that out. I don't find it threatening, but I don't talk about family with your sort of person.
"your sort of person"? Dear Town, I have children. Mine are grown. Just what sort of person do you think I am?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

and yet you broadcast every move your beautiful son makes and post scads of pictures of him and yourself on an open board

:think: