Town Quixote's

zippy2006

Come in. Some of you will be finding this via the breadcrumb link left in Observations. It's natural to wonder if this is going to be the same thread under a new address. I hope not. What I mean is that I have a somewhat different vision for this one.

It was nice while it lasted. Looks like we're back to the old format.

Look, I've seen the data on what happens when you three start threads where people would have to come to you and demonstrate interest in what you're writing and I get that it doesn't by and large happen, that your existence here is mostly parasitical, but that doesn't mean I appreciate your doing that in my threads.

It's really no coincidence that they are doing it in your threads, it's about as natural as bees to honey. The Observations thread was essentially a perpetual place for Inzl to post "POTD" threads wherein a single post was extracted, praised publicly, and denied criticism. Except instead of Inzl it was you, and instead of praising others, it was self-congratulatory and generally making fun of others. Leaving aside how bizarre such a thing is, it is the perfect way to attract "trolls" (people who who actually have a legitimate complaint and express it questionably, who are in fact not merely mentally unstable or psychologically deprived).

This thread started out with better intentions and better output, but has inevitably turned into the same thing. So call me crazy (as we know you will in about 30 seconds), but the fact that you have such a negative following isn't coincidental.

Even if none of that makes any sense to you, consider the fact that a Gazette is generally about more than one person. See if you can incorporate conversations between people other than yourself. Also see if you can choose less polemical conversations, things where each side actually has good points. I guarantee that would lessen the aggression.

Hope you're able to read that,
-zip :e4e:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That's what I remember you saying. Around these parts the Amish are some of the best people you can hire. They have a great work ethic and superior wood working skills.

I flagged down one going by the farm last fall in his buggy - wasn't sure how to address him to get him to stop - Hey Amish? - You there with the beard? - Hey! ZZTop?

Gave him an old set of bits (for use with a bit brace - drilling holes by hand) - told him I thought he could use them. Chatted a little, then he went on. The whole time he was stopped his horse stamped his hoof like he wanted to get going. :chuckle:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I flagged down one going by the farm last fall in his buggy - wasn't sure how to address him to get him to stop - Hey Amish? - You there with the beard? - Hey! ZZTop?

Gave him an old set of bits (for use with a bit brace - drilling holes by hand) - told him I thought he could use them. Chatted a little, then he went on. The whole time he was stopped his horse stamped his hoof like he wanted to get going. :chuckle:

"hey you with the hat" :) I imagine he was cordial. Even if the horse wasn't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was nice while it lasted. Looks like we're back to the old format.
It was a pretty popular format...and here's the thing, if you look in the rules around here there's no real requirement to read it or this or anything anyone doesn't care for.

Isn't freedom great?

It's really no coincidence that they are doing it in your threads
What's less coincidental is someone saying something negative about me and you rushing to join in like a volunteer fireman to the sound of bells.

Now in fairness, you aren't completely lost to your personal outrage or whatever fuels this habit of yours and can make a good point or two now and then, but you're so invested in seeing pride and hubris there's no point in trying to talk to you about your misstatements on what this is...so I won't.

Observations, of which I think I contributed half or less than (I'll look) was about all sorts of things. The digest was certainly a large part, but it was mostly a window into threads that interested me and more than half the time about the funnier bits and barbs.

A lot of people got that, used the links I always left as a means of giving people a way to see the larger arguments. That and the humor of it made it one of the most popular threads in the history of the joint and, a small cadre aside, one of the least protested. But it wasn't for everyone. Neither is this.

This thread started out with better intentions and better output,
Actually, I wanted it to be more of a group effort, but so few people contributed to that it was either let the thread die on the vine or do what any number of people preferred, which I eventually did.

So call me crazy (as we know you will in about 30 seconds), but the fact that you have such a negative following isn't coincidental.
But I don't really have such a negative following. I have less than a handful of trolls who once pretended their attentions were about my comments in a thread relating to them, but kept at it when no mention of them was made.

Sod's obsession is well documented. Sky has been a bitter pill since she neg rep'd me for (and this is funny) nothing more or less than literally reproducing what Eeset had written. Eeset is just a troll looking for who knows what?

I'm comfortable looking over the list of those who don't like me. It's not a group I'd want to be included among. But to credit most of them they don't resort to this sort of conduct.

That's life for you.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I don't want any personal attacks in this thread. We can differ so long as our differences are on the subject and the subject isn't the poster. :D

We won't have a whine list. :nono:

Sod's obsession is well documented. Sky has been a bitter pill since she neg rep'd me for (and this is funny) nothing more or less than literally reproducing what Eeset had written. Eeset is just a troll looking for who knows what?

:think:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Tuesday evening Gazette. Here is what the back side of the garden looks like. Sunflowers and Pumpkins will be planted there along the fence. The pond brings lots of birds and frog noises. The split rail I insisted on keeping. It has been on the property for over 20 years. It's a bit worn but I couldn't part with it.

STI_4992.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
now put a couple dozen boats on the ground and a pickup on blocks in the background and you've got my kind of place! :thumb:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
now put a couple dozen boats on the ground and a pickup on blocks in the background and you've got my kind of place! :thumb:

Nope, those blocks are all I can handle. The boxes were supposed to be on 4x4 posts but I didn't get that.

zippy2006

That and the humor of it made it one of the most popular threads in the history of the joint and, a small cadre aside, one of the least protested.

Shoot. I didn't realize it was popular. In that case all of my objections are nullified. :plain:

I didn't expect you to actually admit some kind of small error, even if the creation of this thread had it written between the lines, but that's why sod's approach is arguably the only reasonable one. I just like to toss the blatantly obvious out there every once in awhile and see what happens. In any case, think on it, especially as you encounter the phenomenon more and more and recall the same thing happening in the past (on TOL including Todah, zoo and granite in the first sea change, Spectrox and a number of agnostics and atheists, as well as the administration and a large number of people who see two sides to your one-sided reporting).