Why men won't marry you

1PeaceMaker

No maam, anyone with eyes can read that quote, he says you tried to get him to try it. Your quibbling over words again, you used the word "suggest" and i used the word try.

Get a dictionary, suggest and try are synonyms.

"Tried to get him to try" polygamy sounds vastly different than suggesting it in a conversation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can you quit mixing conversations? We are currently having two at once. This one is not about polygamy but the definition of abuse.

You never gave a definition other than its 'whatever the woman defines it as if she feels abused'.

I asked for specific examples, you provided none. As usual.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Claiming lots of other people in the thread thought that is just you being blatantly dishonest.

Also, you have intentionally ignored my response on that thread to Erinmarie:

That was in 2006.

When it was has NO bearing on the FACT that YOU said your wife supports polygamy and she wanted you to try it even which is WHY it was quoted to begin with. She said no such thing was EVER said and denied the whole thing and demanded i post the evidence so i did.

If you are comfortable trashing your wife in public like that and shes ok with it too, more power to you both. Go on with your bad selves.

elohiym

Hmm, you must surely realize that your intention wasn't exactly readily apparent though if the case? Why blame other people for it being a 'dismal failure' also?

Don't be obtuse. I explained why I said what I said on that thread from 2006. And if you actually read the thread it's apparent that it wasn't lots of people who thought I was trashing my wife as A4T falsely claimed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't be obtuse. I explained why I said what I said on that thread from 2006. And if you actually read the thread it's apparent that it wasn't lots of people who thought I was trashing my wife as A4T falsely claimed.

I claimed its my opinion, you do know what opinion means right? You do know other people have read that thread and given an opinion on what you said there besides those who are active in that thread too right?

Wow talk about being desperate.

What you said bothers you and her enough to keep bleating about it for well over a week right?

If you are waiting for me to come off it looking like you trashing her, im not going to, it looks to me like you are trashing her, no matter what you come up with or will come up with, so you really need to move on, my opinion isnt changing on this. In fact the way you are acting over it still, leads me to believe even more that it was trashing you were doing.

1PeaceMaker

When it was has NO bearing on the FACT that YOU said your wife supports polygamy and she wanted you to try it even

Slow down.

suggest means put forward for consideration.

Try means nothing of the sort and there as nothing in that post about me wanting him to try it. That would imply my mind was made up or highly opinionated it was best for us.

which is WHY it was quoted to begin with. She said no such thing was EVER said and denied the whole thing and demanded i post the evidence so i did.

I said he said no such thing as you claimed and your post proved it.

Also I just googled try and suggest - not synonyms.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Slow down.

Try means nothing of the sort and there as nothing in that post about me wanting him to try it. That would imply my mind was made up or highly opinionated it was best for us.

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage. However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

Hmm you suggested polygamy for your marriage, but didnt want him to try it....

:rotfl: Wow. You do know how completely gone you look with that spin?

elohiym

When it was has NO bearing on the FACT that YOU said your wife supports polygamy

She does. So? How is telling the truth trashing her? You are operating from the faulty assumption that polygamy is a sin.

and she wanted you to try it ...

I never said she wanted me to try it. You are assuming that suggesting it is wanting me to try it.

If you are comfortable trashing your wife in public...

Nothing you've said in this post constitutes me trashing my wife.

1PeaceMaker

If you are waiting for me to come off it looking like you trashing her, im not going to, it looks to me like you are trashing her, no matter what you come up with or will come up with, so you really need to move on, my opinion isnt changing on this. In fact the way you are acting over it still, leads me to believe even more that it was trashing you were doing.

I didn't bring it up to make you change your mind. I was counting on you to defend your assertion.

After all, trashing a spouse publicly isn't abuse, right?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Slow down.

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage. However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

:rotfl: Wow. You do know how completely gone you look with that spin?

Didnt want this little gem where i got my opinion from to get lost...

Clearly i am wrong about her husband saying she wanted him to 'try' polygamy when she merely 'suggested' polygamy for their marriage... :rotfl:

and i am also so wrong that it looks like he also trashed her when he called her posts a dismal failure...and that basically more would be too much tolerate along with her..

How can i go on? Woe is me...

1PeaceMaker

I didn't and still don't want him to try anything that hasn't first been through thoughtful consideration and prayer.

"Suggest" means to put forward for consideration.

After careful consideration together on the subject I agreed with his conclusions. I didn't want him to try it.

I will wait for God to change our minds if that's His will. Nine years + post-suggestion we still haven't added a wife. What does that tell you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I didn't and still don't want him to try anything that hasn't first been through thoughtful consideration and prayer.

"Suggest" means to put forward for consideration.

After careful consideration I didn't want him to try it.

I will wait for God to change our minds if that's His will. Nine years + post-suggestion we still haven't added a wife. What does that tell you?

That you wised up after you suggested he try it or that he told you no, since you supported it and hes saying he doesnt.

Either way, it doesnt detract a bit from him saying you supported it and suggested it for your own marriage. Keep spinning though, but the more you keep talking about it, the loonier you look.

1PeaceMaker

That you wised up after you suggested he try it or that he told you no, since you supported it and hes saying he doesnt.

Either way, it doesnt detract a bit from him saying you supported it and suggested it for your own marriage. Keep spinning though, but the more you keep talking about it, the loonier you look.

It never occurred to you that I suggested it to find out what God's will was and that our contentment is why we are still at one wife?

elohiym

I claimed its my opinion, you do know what opinion means right? You do know other people have read that thread and given an opinion on what you said there besides those who are active in that thread too right?

Wow talk about being desperate.

You're the desperate one, and the dishonest one. This is what you claimed:

Lots of other people in the thread where he said it, thought he was trashing you there too, you know it, he knows it.

I know that is a dishonest statement.

What you said bothers you and her enough to keep bleating about it for well over a week right?

You are the one who spent the time to find a post from 2006 in order to try and defame us and are the one who keeps bringing it up.

If you are waiting for me to come off it looking like you trashing her, im not going to ...

No, I expect you to remain pigheaded.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It never occurred to you that I suggested it to find out what God's will was and that our contentment is why we are still at one wife?

Irrelevant to anything. You denied he would ever say you supported it - you lied, plain and simple, was proven a liar, so get over it already. The horse is a bloody mess now.

1PeaceMaker

I don't have to defend my opinion to you, if you don't like it, too bad.

You've already defended your opinions more times than I can count in this thread alone.

But you aren't going to even reveal your opinion as to whether publicly trashing a spouse is an abusive act.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are the one who spent the time to find a post from 2006 in order to try and defame us and are the one who keeps bringing it up.

If you think posting a quote that was demanded to be posted by your wife after she denied the polygamy thing, is defaming, then thats your problem, you are who thought nothing of announcing it publically.

The age of it, matters not one single bit, to prove she supports it, and her own posts after show she still does.

I can see why you are so embarrassed, but i didn't make you say what you did and i sure didnt make her suggest it for your marriage and i didnt make her lie and say she never said it.

Hint: Dont lie and then demand someone else prove what you said.