Why men won't marry you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I brought it up because A4T insists he was trashing me.

In my opinion from reading that post, he WAS trashing you. So sue me if you don't like my opinion of it.

Lots of other people in the thread where he said it, thought he was trashing you there too, you know it, he knows it.

If you are fine with it, great, since hes your husband and you have to put up with it. Im betting you can really dish it out yourself too.

Now don't you think the stink of this dead horse has gone on long enough yet, or can't you control yourself?

Im not going to change my opinion on how it looks to me, so get a grip.

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage. However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

yep, still looks to me like hes trashing you.

elohiym

His words were inconsiderate. Disrespectful. Towards you.

No, hypocrite. Your words are inconsiderate and disrespectful towards her. I was being humorous in that quote from many years ago, and knew my wife was reading the thread at that time, hence the :chuckle: smilies. Her participation was a dismal failure because of people who treated her like you and A4T treat her. That's what I meant.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why don't you just come out and say "Trashing your spouse on a public forum is not abuse!"

Or just admit you agree with that sentiment.

So once more, yes or no, is it abuse when a spouse publicly trashes their SO?

YOU defined abuse as whatever the woman wants to call it.

Do you feel abused? Why do you keep asking other people to define what you want to call something?

To rephrase, the conscience of the woman will indicate abuse. When she believes she is being abused, she is being abused.

Arthur Brain

When you say illogical things, somebody is bound to point it out. You were trying to do that with Yorzhik and it came back like a boomerang.

Well if it did it went back around to hit him in the head 1PM and that would explain some of his delusions frankly. There's nothing illogical about pointing out arrogance and ignorance. If you 'think' that Yorzhik was speaking on behalf of the majority of women with a voice then you're just not in the 'real world'....

1PeaceMaker

No, hypocrite. Your words are inconsiderate and disrespectful towards her. I was being humorous in that quote from many years ago, and knew my wife was reading the thread at that time, hence the :chuckle: smilies. Her participation was a dismal failure because of people who treated her like you and A4T treat her. That's what I meant.

Well put. I recall it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do you characterize it as abuse when a spouse publicly trashes their SO? Yes or no.

There is no yes or no, to that question because abuse would entail a lot more than just that imo.

It could be part of an abusive relationship, and it could be just a complete jerk thing to do - it would depend on what else goes on and how often it goes on.

It sure wasn't a nice or respectful thing to do, and i would be extremely hurt if my husband talked about me that way to people. It would show a lack of respect and honor.

1PeaceMaker

Well if it did it went back around to hit him in the head 1PM and that would explain some of his delusions frankly. There's nothing illogical about pointing out arrogance and ignorance. If you 'think' that Yorzhik was speaking on behalf of the majority of women with a voice then you're just not in the 'real world'....

Okay, you got me. Women actually want a man who's stupid or less smart. That way they can manipulate the stuffings out of him.

You already knew women didn't want a smarter man.... that's some serious discernment for a man. How did you come to that insight?

[sorry ladies, I know it's supposed to be a trade secret...]

Arthur Brain

Hmm, you must surely realize that your intention wasn't exactly readily apparent though if the case? Why blame other people for it being a 'dismal failure' also?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Nice spin, but the problem is that your wife denied it ever happened first and said you wouldnt ever say such. (i posted it initially about her polygamy support, not my fault you are also trashing her in the same post)

So either she lied, or didnt see it. And if its hurtful, thats YOUR fault, since you said it - not mine, and HER fault for demanding to see it after she lied about it.

And for demanding to continue talking about it, and hypocrite means doing something you object to, ive never trashed my husband that way, or demanded that someone quote something i said after calling them a liar about it.

The hypocrites would be you and your wife.

1PeaceMaker

Hmm, you must surely realize that your intention wasn't exactly readily apparent though if the case? Why blame other people for it being a 'dismal failure' also?

I dunno, ask all the other people around here who can barely stand to participate and often leave for months or years at a time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Misrepresenting my position again; hopefully others will actually read the quote you inserted.

Nutjob, you know as well as i do, the post was to prove your husband said you supported polygamy, you admitted it after that was posted too, not my fault he trashed you in the same post about it, i quoted it, i didnt "represent" anything other than your support for polygamy and wanting him to try it.

Arthur Brain

Okay, you got me. Women actually want a man who's stupid or less smart. That way they can manipulate the stuffings out of him.

You already knew women didn't want a smarter man.... that's some serious discernment for a man. How did you come to that insight?

[sorry ladies, I know it's supposed to be a trade secret...]

Well according to Phil 'Duck Dynasty' Robertson it's better to get a 15/16 year old girl as waiting until they're twenty means they're just gonna pick a guys wallet. What do you think about that?

Is that what a "smart woman" wants? AFAIC I don't go about comparing IQ's and related so take your implications somewhere else thanks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Dishonest dialogue.

You lied about what he said. I proved it when you quoted him way back when it first came up.

No maam, anyone with eyes can read that quote, he says you tried to get him to try it. Your quibbling over words again, you used the word "suggest" and i used the word try.

Get a dictionary, suggest and try are synonyms. I lied about nothing, you support polygamy and i proved it.

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage. However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

1PeaceMaker

Nutjob, you know as well as i do, the post was to prove your husband said you supported polygamy, you admitted it after that was posted too, not my fault he trashed you in the same post about it, i quoted it, i didnt "represent" anything other than your support for polygamy and wanting him to try it.

Can you quit mixing conversations? We are currently having two at once. This one is not about polygamy but the definition of abuse.

elohiym

Lots of other people in the thread where he said it, thought he was trashing you there too, you know it, he knows it.

Claiming lots of other people in the thread thought that is just you being blatantly dishonest.

Also, you have intentionally ignored my response on that thread to Erinmarie:

Why would you say she was a dismal failure? That's kind of harsh, isn't it?

I didn't say she was a failure; I said her attempts at posting were a dismal failure. I guess you missed some of the exchanges she was having around here. Look, she has difficulty communicating her points, and difficulty reading between the lines, so rather than argue she went somewhere else to fellowship. Furthermore, her participation here was clashing with my ministry, and she didn't want that.

That was in 2006.

Im betting you can really dish it out yourself too.

She has never said a harsh word against me.