Why Homosexuality Must NOT Be Criminalized

Arthur Brain

And the more you lie and steal, the easier it becomes. Until you don't feel bad about doing it at all. You don't give it a second though. You don't even consider it wrong.

At that point, you're "oriented" toward lying and stealing. It's your "orientation."

Well, no, cos if that was the case then by the 'strength' of your argument then everyone's potentially homosexual and that's obviously not the case. Everyone lies at some point and most people likely steal in some event even if it's accepting more change than they should have in a shop.

Also, why do those who are so insistent on homosexuality being a "choice" so often go :vomit: when talking about it?

Projectile vomit is one thing but if the supposed people who insist it's a choice are sick at the prospect then how could they choose such themselves?

:think:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What are you besides an OT legalist?

I'm a devoted Christian who happens to realize that God is just and that God is wiser than we are.

It isn't about Old Testament anything. It's about justice.

There are very seriously evil people who live in this world. I want there to be as few people who decide to be one of those as possible, as does God. This is the primary purpose of criminal justice - to prevent crime and thereby prevent the harm it causes.

There is no such thing as a perfect system but I figure God's ideas about criminal justice are better than mine or yours or anyone else's. But, biblically speaking, it is a complex issue. Not every law in the bible makes sense to enact outside of the nation of Israel because many of them had to do with Israel's religious practices and God's attempt to keep their nation separated from other nations so as to preserve a pure bloodline through which the Messiah would come in fulfillment of scripture. So, you have to actually study and understand what the heck you're talking about. You can't simply crack open the book of Leviticus and start enacting laws. You have to use discernment to seperate moral laws that would apply universally from laws that applied only to Israel.

Just to give an example of what I'm talking about, one way you can tell a religious law from a moral one is that one moral law cannot contradict another. Take circumcision and the Sabbath, for example. Israel was required to circumcise their male children on the eighth day after birth and they were also prohibited from working on the Sabbath. Circumcision was considered a work of the flesh and so what happens if a child's eighth day lands on Saturday? Do you circumcise him or not? Which law do you break? In this case, you would circumcise because circumcision came before the Sabbath laws but such regulations about which laws take precedence of other laws do not exist for issues of morality. You can never be faced with the dilemma of deciding to burglarize someone's home to keep from burning it down or having to choose between raping someone to keep from murdering them.

This kind of thought process and others like it is what is required if you want to have and to maintain a biblical worldview and to hold positions of various issues that you won't be embarrassed by on judgment day.

You sound like a pompous pharisee every time you post on this type of subject. I mean aren't you the guy who once ranted that homosexuals didn't deserve to see the sunlight reflected off your face?!

Geez, I'm no fan of Trump but thank goodness nutcases like you will never have your way in Western society if given the chance...

:freak:
You think you're wiser and more merciful than God. You're wrong. Policies like the ones you advocate produce more harm to more people than you can know.

Psalms 119:Consider my affliction and deliver me,
For I do not forget Your law.
154 Plead my cause and redeem me;
Revive me according to Your word.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked,
For they do not seek Your statutes.
156 Great are Your tender mercies, O Lord;
Revive me according to Your judgments.
157 Many are my persecutors and my enemies,
Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies.
158 I see the treacherous, and am disgusted,
Because they do not keep Your word.
159 Consider how I love Your precepts;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your lovingkindness.
160 The entirety of Your word is truth,
And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Suffering from a mental disorder is not a sin. Only ACTS are sins - as in actions, verbs. Simply BEING something, anything, is not a sin.

A point I have already agreed with multiple times on this thread alone.

The word homosexuality can just as easily refer to the act as it can the condition. DUH!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
the overwhelming majority of pedophiles are HETEROSEXUAL

That's not true. The ratio of boys and girls in reported molestation cases is nearly 50/50. If you're a man and you like small boys, then you are gay. I know that's an inconvenient fact for you libs and atheists, but don't be a tool and try to split hairs on 'homosexuality' and 'pedophilia' in that regard, seriously :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And the more you lie and steal, the easier it becomes. Until you don't feel bad about doing it at all. You don't give it a second though. You don't even consider it wrong.

At that point, you're "oriented" toward lying and stealing. It's your "orientation."

right - it's a perversion of your morality that ends with you no longer recognizing right from wrong

same thing happens with sexual perversion

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if you're honest, then lying and stealing is not an option.

if you're virtuous, then being promiscuous and engaging in adultery is not an option

and yet we see honest and virtuous people failing all the time

And if you're straight then whether you're virtuous or promiscuous it won't impact on your desire/attraction for the opposite sex.

if you're virtuous, you don't allow yourself to be tempted by sexual immorality of any kind

if you're not virtuous (iow, if you reject God) then you leave yourself open to any perverted temptation

Well, no, cos if that was the case then by the 'strength' of your argument then everyone's potentially homosexual...

exactly!

everybody is potentially homosexual, or adulterous, or a theif, or a murderer, or a child molester, etc, etc

MrDante

Hate works the same way.

Arthur Brain

if you're virtuous, you don't allow yourself to be tempted by sexual immorality of any kind

if you're not virtuous (iow, if you reject God) then you leave yourself open to any perverted temptation

Nah, if you're straight you can be enticed by, give in to or reject sexual temptation. Those desires don't turn homosexual if acted on and it's loony to suggest they can. You reckon Hefner or Trump are sexually virtuous?

exactly!

everybody is potentially homosexual, or adulterous, or a theif, or a murderer, or a child molester, etc, etc

Er, no...

:kookoo: