Why Homosexuality Must NOT Be Criminalized

Arthur Brain

Way to make an argument.

You're a fool. Who exactly are you trying to convince? Those who already agree with you?

It would be funny how pervert defenders meltdown into emotionally insecure cry babies the minute they're confronted with the logical conclusions of their own thought process if it weren't so tragically destructive.

You go ahead and accept American law as your standard of right and wrong. See where that gets you on judgment day. I want to be there when you get to answer the question God's going ask you about why you thought it wise to defend the sexually immoral.

Resting in Him,
Clete

What are you besides an OT legalist? You sound like a pompous pharisee every time you post on this type of subject. I mean aren't you the guy who once ranted that homosexuals didn't deserve to see the sunlight reflected off your face?!

Geez, I'm no fan of Trump but thank goodness nutcases like you will never have your way in Western society if given the chance...

:freak:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Gay sex is an activity which is due to unnatural desire, not an intrinsic orientation.

We don't tell alcoholics that their psychological disposition is natural and everyone who disagrees is an 'alcophobe'.
The reason homosexuals do not stop going after gay sex is because they are in denial that there is something wrong with it, just as alcoholics exhibit.

I don't see LGBT as anything different than a drug. They are not happy without it, and not very happy with it either. It's a chase for the next high.

Media has painted an entirely different reality of what LGBT is in real life. There are perhaps 1% of the entire culture who exemplify what media portrays them as- don't be deceived :rolleyes:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.....You're a fool......
.....moron......

Everyone here knows that I love calling fools and morons, fools and morons. There's just one teeny tiny problem in this case: In this case, YOU are the half-witted fool and moron here, not me. LOL.

Name-calling only works if its applicable you jackass. See? Jackass? THAT's applicable.

........Homosexuality is sin........

Now see there moron? Fool? Suffering from a mental disorder is not a sin. Only ACTS are sins - as in actions, verbs. Simply BEING something, anything, is not a sin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Gay sex is an activity which is due to unnatural desire, not an intrinsic orientation.

We don't tell alcoholics that their psychological disposition is natural and everyone who disagrees is an 'alcophobe'.
The reason homosexuals do not stop going after gay sex is because they are in denial that there is something wrong with it, just as alcoholics exhibit.

I don't see LGBT as anything different than a drug. They are not happy with it, and they are not happy without it.

I agree, although I am not sure about your terminology. But let's not quibble over that. "Alcophobe." LOL. Great example.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Homosexuality is a punishment itself.

Romans 1:27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Romans 1:27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper

Interesting quote. You have desires and depraved minds, all mental, but then you also have actions: "men with men committing indecent acts", "do those things which are not proper".........

The desire leads to sinful action if the desire is not recognized and squashed (for lack of a better word).

Arthur Brain

Plenty of heterosexuals have desires and practices that I reckon many Christians would consider depraved, so how would homosexuality be a 'punishment itself'?

glassjester

Interesting quote. You have desires and depraved minds, all mental, but then you also have actions: "men with men committing indecent acts", "do those things which are not proper".........

The desire leads to sinful action if the desire is not recognized and squashed (for lack of a better word).

The way Paul describes it in Romans, it seems the unnatural desires came first. Then men gave in to those desires. And then their minds became depraved - meaning they no longer even see what they are doing as wrong.

That would suggest that if they hadn't given in to those desires in the first place, it could never have become habitual, and they would not have cultivated a depraved mind in themselves.

glassjester

Plenty of heterosexuals have desires and practices that I reckon many Christians would consider depraved, so how would homosexuality be a 'punishment itself'?

Any addiction could be viewed as a punishment. If you insist on repeatedly doing something that you know is wrong, to the point that you couldn't stop, even if you wanted to - sounds like a punishment.

So what's the solution? Just convince yourself it was never wrong in the first place. Then all those people who say you shouldn't do that... well they're just bigots!

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Nobody's born gay.
There are no gay babies.
Again, same-sex attraction is a mental disorder. Yes, people are born with disorders. They may not manifest themselves until later in life, like alcoholism (there are no drunk babies either) but they are born with them all the same. Like Kleptomania, you don't see babies stealing stuff either, but Kleptomaniacs are born with the condition.

You are a Catholic like me.The Catechism states:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

glassjester

Again, same-sex attraction is a mental disorder. Yes, people are born with disorders. They may not manifest themselves until later in life, like alcoholism (there are no drunk babies either) but they are born with them all the same.

No babies are born with the desire to have sex with their same sex (or with the opposite sex, for that matter).
No babies are born with the desire to drink alcohol, either.

Alcoholics aren't born. They're made.
Same with homosexuals.

Like Kleptomania, you don't see babies stealing stuff either, but Kleptomaniacs are born with the condition.

Kleptos are made, too. Not born.

You are a Catholic like me.The Catechism states:

The catechism does not say people are born gay.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And plenty of heterosexuals are also given over to a depraved mind, having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

1 Timothy 2:1 Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons, 2 influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.

Ephesians 4:19
Having lost all sense of shame, they have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity, with a craving for more.

But homosexuality is a punishment.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
People have claimed that their sexual orientation changed. Are they lying?

yeah, all those guys in prisons who become gay just while in prison, are lying that they are normally straight, they are all really bi.

My female dog is gay too, she humps our legs sometimes when she wants to play, even though shes been fixed, who knew, right? (that behavior is a sign of trying to show dominnance, and has nothing to do with sex, except to nut job liberals who want animals to be gay)

glassjester

yeah, all those guys in prisons who become gay just while in prison, are lying that they are normally straight, they are all really bi.

I guess every ancient Athenian man had the bisexual gene, too.

My female dog is gay too, she humps our legs sometimes when she wants to play, even though shes been fixed, who knew, right?

I'm not sure that's what "gay" means...

Arthur Brain

Any addiction could be viewed as a punishment. If you insist on repeatedly doing something that you know is wrong, to the point that you couldn't stop, even if you wanted to - sounds like a punishment.

So what's the solution? Just convince yourself it was never wrong in the first place. Then all those people who say you shouldn't do that... well they're just bigots!

You'd have to have homosexual attraction in the first place before you could act out on any such desire or be addicted to it. If you're straight that ain't gonna happen. So where does this 'homosexuality being punishment' make any sorta sense?

Arthur Brain

And plenty of heterosexuals are also given over to a depraved mind, having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

1 Timothy 2:1 Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons, 2 influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.

Ephesians 4:19
Having lost all sense of shame, they have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity, with a craving for more.

But homosexuality is a punishment.

How is it a punishment exactly? According to plenty of fundamentalists it's a bloody "choice"...

:AMR:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How is it a punishment exactly? According to plenty of fundamentalists it's a bloody "choice"...

:AMR:

Its depraved, meaning because they refuse God completely, they get to wallow in filth, literally. Given over to it. You do know that the word translated as abomination in the verse from the ot about homosexuality, literally means "pollution" right?

Desiring where waste is eliminated, is filth. Pollution.