ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Look up the word "man" in a dictionary.

Amen, Galations 3:27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise

Levolor

God doesn't live in eternal sin and neither does Yeshua. What makes you think they do? "Plus nothing" does not equate with "He who overcomes." We must hold up our end of the Covenant and what we can not do, we lay at the feet of Yeshua in confession and repentance, trusting in His assurance to forgive our sins (1John 1:9). Stop telling people they can willfully sin in the face of God's Gift and they don't have to do anything about it.

Well, there is the option of going/being sent to the outer darkness...

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25:30

Just think... an eternal being living forever in the outer darkness.

journey

1 John 5:5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Romans 8:35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,…39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Amen and Amen! I love God's Promises.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25:30

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Isa 41:8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We must hold up our end of the Covenant and what we can not do, we lay at the feet of Yeshua in confession and repentance, trusting in His assurance to forgive our sins (1John 1:9).

The above is a typical response from someone who believes sin/sins is still an issue and believes not (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV).

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."~the apostle Paul

"clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why"~saint john w

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen, Galations 3:27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise

You quote a verse from the Apostle Paul that says there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile, and at the same time you say ridiculous things like the following:

(fig tree is house of israel restored happened in 1948 when Israel once again became a nation)

Make up your mind, either there is a difference or there isn't.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why"~saint john w

You're right, Johnny is clueless as to what happened 2000 (sic) years ago.

So are you.

You and Johnny think there's going to be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the future.

You and Johnny refuse to believe that Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice for sin 1,985 years ago.

Levolor

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Isa 41:8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

His servants were lost: the lost sheep of Israel. Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Israel was supposed to bring salvation to the world, ...

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. Isaiah 49:6

but Israel failed, ...

The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. Jeremiah 3:6

and God divorced them.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also. Jeremiah 3:8

They were unprofitable servants.

There are also those who fail today and are unprofitable servants. Otherwise, Christ would not have said anything about it.

dreadknought

I'm vehemently not a MAD, but...

First of all... Having been a stringent Berean regarding Theology Proper for over a decade, and reading every Patristic writing extant; why are those who reject the Latin and Eastern traditions of the apostolic and catholic Church with her Ecumenical Councils even concerned about the minutiae of the Trinity doctrine.

And secondly... Few are actually concerned with such minutiae; instead most aren't actual Trinitarians at all, not knowing the foundations of the Trinity doctrine beyond a few short English sentences as a nebulous creedal statement.

And I always find it odd that non-orthodox Protestants refer to Orthodoxy in such a manner.

I'd be interested in reading a thread if you started one to exegete and clearly outline the historical Trinity doctrine. But only if it's not vague and conceptual with English terms only, which would defeat the purpose.
The classification "other" giving your key to answer a particular comment, right? Christology proper: definition at Chalcedon. "We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us."

You asked. IMO, MADist beg a question answered in philosophy. You tell me.

john w

Hall of Fame

So are you.

You and Johnny think there's going to be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the future.

You and Johnny refuse to believe that Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice for sin 1,985 years ago.

Well, wimpy Craigie, you assert that Paul, the early Act-sters, were not saved-on record.

You also assert that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a man.

You also claim that you never follow men-you say that you follow infallible men, such as the pope.

You demon.

john w

Hall of Fame

So are you.

You assert that everyone is saved now.

I assert that there will be animal sacrifices in the future, you spineless wimp. Am I saved?

He won't answer that, as this sissy has no spine.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The classification "other" giving your key to answer a particular comment, right?

Ummm... Wut? I was responding to your reference of the Orthodox Trinity. And are you Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox? I don't understand why others adhere to Ecumenical Councils for Theology Proper while rejecting the majority of the other Orthodox dogma from those sources.

Christology proper: definition at Chalcedon. "We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us."

This is Chalcedonian Christology only, not the whole of (Cappadocian) Theology Proper. Your comments, to which I responded, were about the Orthodox Trinity, not Christology.

You asked.

...for an exegetical outline of Theology Proper.

IMO, MADist beg a question answered in philosophy. You tell me.

I'm unsure what you mean. But most modern professing Trinitarians... aren't actual historical O/orthodox Trinitarians, and embrace a diluted English-based and dumbed-down concept that isn't the Trinity.

I'm a Monohypostatic Trinitarian, because the Patristic formulaic omitted one foundational consideration that must be reconciled and compensated for.

Right Divider

Body part
Look up the word "Gentile" in a dictionary.
First, neither of those two verses say "Gentile".
Second, I don't need to look anything up as the verse provides a CLEAR context.
Gal 3:28 KJV There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
The second and third "neither" show that Paul is exhausting ALL possibilities. There is NO reason to believe that the FIRST is any different.

dreadknought

Ummm... Wut? I was responding to your reference of the Orthodox Trinity. And are you Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox? I don't understand why others adhere to Ecumenical Councils for Theology Proper while rejecting the majority of the other Orthodox dogma from those sources.

This is Chalcedonian Christology only, not the whole of (Cappadocian) Theology Proper. Your comments, to which I responded, were about the Orthodox Trinity, not Christology.

...for an exegetical outline of Theology Proper.

I'm unsure what you mean. But most modern professing Trinitarians... aren't actual historical O/orthodox Trinitarians, and embrace a diluted English-based and dumbed-down concept that isn't the Trinity.

I'm a Monohypostatic Trinitarian, because the Patristic formulaic omitted one foundational consideration that must be reconciled and compensated for.
:think: You asked for Theology proper, I responded, with what I think as accurate thought on Christology proper. Your blojoviating, for effect, imo.