Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually those are Jesus' words, in fact, it was in his prayer to his Father.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus is God. If that's true then we will be just like him, whatever he is.

Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2 NKJV)​

How can we be like him if we are different?

Only God is immortal.

'like' is not 'identical', it's analogical/similar.

genuineoriginal

As Christians we don't claim to be God...it would be blasphemy if you or I used the same words Jesus did.

John 10:34-36
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

1 John 3:1-2
3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.​

daqq

Sorry but I'm not sure if I understand your point. As Christians we don't claim to be God...it would be blasphemy if you or I used the same words Jesus did.

Yes, you do by default claim to be God, and anyone else who believes all that the scripture says about the matter sees very clearly what you are claiming. You simply do not fully understand the impact of your doctrine. Take it to its conclusion: if "Jesus is God" just because he says he is one with the Father then by default so are you because of statements made elsewhere that yet concern the very same words and context, (John 17). It is by default that you claim to be God, and do not even know it, because you choose to ignore what others have shown many times over throughout these forums.

6days

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus is God. If that's true then we will be just like him, whatever he is.
Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2 NKJV)​
How can we be like him if we are different?

Steko answered... we will be like Him. If you think you will be God (or, a god) and worthy of worship... then you are heretical.

Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, you do by default claim to be God, and anyone else who believes all that the scripture says about the matter sees very clearly what you are claiming. You simply do not fully understand the impact of your doctrine. Take it to its conclusion: if "Jesus is God" just because he says he is one with the Father then by default so are you because of statements made elsewhere that yet concern the very same words and context, (John 17). It is by default that you claim to be God, and do not even know it, because you choose to ignore what others have shown many times over throughout these forums.

amen!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Steko answered... we will be like Him. If you think you will be God (or, a god) and worthy of worship... then you are heretical.

Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48

So many distorted view, friend.

One very clear one is Jesus says "my Father is greater than I".

Jesus was given authority to forgive our sins by His Father.

Jesus was first creation of all creations. He was the first one to be created. He was given power to create by His Father.

Jesus also says He cannot do anything on His own.

Jesus was given authority to be His followers Lord.

You cannot find even one verse Jesus saying He is God.

You guys are adding your own assumptions which Jesus did not even claim.

All Jesus' power and authority was given by His Father.

daqq

Yes, and I was merely supplementing the point which Jamie appeared to be making, which is true, (from John 17:21). If we interpret one passage to be meant one way, (John 10:30) and another with the same wording to mean something else, (John 17:21) then we are deceiving ourselves and subverting the writings for our own belief system. It is an unjust and unfair reading of the Book to suit a particular mindset. The passages which follow in the same context make this point even more abundantly clear:

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
'like' is not 'identical', it's analogical/similar.

Yes, we are not identical twins with Jesus, we are only like him as a brother. We are family and joint heirs with him of all that is.

For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren. (Hebrews 2:11 NKJV)​

Only God is immortal.

Bradley D

I have no problem with the scripture you gave, nevertheless Faith is a work. You have not shown a scripture that stated it is not! I have provided one that stated it is a work of the law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23 !

You no longer have to have faith? It is a one time work?

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Too many "saved" Christians preach "no work" salvation.

Jesus commands us to "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you".

According to Jesus, His servants have a lot of work to do.

So many of you dismiss Jesus' own word, and changing to cheap salvation which does not save anyone.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you think you will be God (or, a god) and worthy of worship... then you are heretical.

Heretical? Really? Why do you reject Jesus' teachings?

Jesus said, "Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you." (Revelation 3:9)

Believers believe, unbelievers don't.

6days

Jesus commands us to "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you".

So many of you dismiss Jesus' own word, and changing to cheap salvation which does not save anyone.
Good.... Thanks Meshak.
You are correct in that Christians often do a very poor job of keeping that command from Jesus. If we understand what He has done for us.....how can we not share it with others.
However we have to realize that once I am a child of His; that I obey Him because of love. My salvation is assured, and I want you and others to know I serve a God who is my Father. We are not like the apprentice living in fear of a boss who might fire us.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good.... Thanks Meshak.
You are correct in that Christians often do a very poor job of keeping that command from Jesus.

Then you should stop "your works cannot save you" preaching. If you do, you are only working against Jesus because He is commanding us to do good works for God's kingdom.

Robert Pate

Banned

Why is it you are not out on the street passing out tracts?

6days

Meshak said:
Then you should stop "your works cannot save you" preaching. If you do, you are only working against Jesus because He is commanding us to do good works for God's kingdom.
I agree that we do good works for God's kingdom because He commands it. But, we don't consider it a burden, or something we do to earn salvation. We follow His commands because we love Him. 1Jn. 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

What earned my salvation is not what I do for Him, but what He did for me.*

Robert Pate

Banned
I agree that we do good works for God's kingdom because He commands it. But, we don't consider it a burden, or something we do to earn salvation. We follow His commands because we love Him. 1Jn. 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

What earned my salvation is not what I do for Him, but what He did for me.*

Excellent. A good Son does not need to be told what to do. He knows what pleases his Father and what doesn't please his Father.

KingdomRose

Over and over again...in lots of different ways. I like these.

2 Timothy 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

1 Timothy 2:3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Titus 3:6
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

The word "firstborn" here is used as Preeminent or MOST HIGH.

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​
Some of these refer directly to Jehovah, the Father. Others I have taken apart and explained what they mean---that BOTH the Father (God) and the Son are subjects in the sentence. But you IGNORE what I post and just continue to call me names or attack my character. You are a LOUSY discussion participant.

Why DON'T you respond to my points? If I am so pathetically wrong, do you have ANY desire to help me understand?

Here are, once again, my comments on your scriptures that you claim show Jesus is God....

2 Timothy 1:10 does not show that Jesus is God. It shows that he is our Savior. He is the one that God SENT to be our Savior. God is the SOURCE of salvation, and He has used Jesus as THE MEANS BY WHICH God saves.

Isaiah 43:11 simply shows that Jehovah is God and He is the Savior, because all power and authority comes from Him. He is the SOURCE of salvation. He can save mankind by any means He wishes. He chose to use His Son Jesus as that means.

Isaiah 45:21 also shows that Jehovah is the Most High God and our Savior. He is the SOURCE of salvation. Jesus has said that he could do nothing on his own...just what he sees the Father doing, and he does what the Father tells him to do.

I Timothy 2:3 refers to JEHOVAH, the God and Father of Jesus. As does I Timothy 4:10.

Doesn't Titus 3:6 refer to the Father (God) who "shed (or, poured) His spirit" upon us THROUGH Jesus Christ our Savior? It's not all about Jesus. His Father is of prime importance. He GAVE Jesus the privilege of being the one to save mankind.

The term "firstborn" does not mean "Most High." It means THE FIRST BORN, or the first one to be brought into existence. Jesus was Jehovah's first created person, created by Jehovah alone. Everything else was created THROUGH Jesus.

How can you ignore the scripture you quoted from Colossians where it says that Jesus is not God, but the IMAGE of God?

Reply to these comments if you are able, without casting aspersions against my character or the validity of what the WTS says. We are talking about Scriptures, and you should be able to REASON with me concerning them.