Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

Robert Pate

Banned
You claim that calling on the name of the Lord saves people when actually it's the other way around. God calls us.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. The convicting power of the Holy Spirt causes us to call on Christ.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus provides salvation for the whole world.

You said, "The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ."

If that were true why would he not call the wise, the mighty, and the noble? That would be the cream of the crop.

Jesus provides salvation for those the Father has given to him.

KingdomRose

It is very important to know who Jesus is. If you believe that he was just a good man you will probably not be saved. Jesus claimed to be divine. He said to the Jews, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins" John 8:23, 24.

Once again this scripture proves that we are justified by faith. Faith in a man is not going to save you. We must believe that Jesus was God in the flesh if we are going to be saved. Only God can defeat sin, death and the devil and reconcile the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. I also believe that you must believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to not believe that Jesus is God.

Many will be lost because they do not believe that Jesus was able to abolish sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconcile the world unto God. They just simply do not have faith in him. When you add anything to the Gospel such as works or whatever, you have dimnished the saving work of Christ and have made Jesus less than what he is.

WAIT A MINUTE. Jesus didn't say "unless you believe that I am God".... No, if you do not actually READ the scripture, you won't get the gist of what he's saying.

Nowhere in the passages you are referring to does Jesus say he is God! He said, "If you do not believe that I am the one, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24) "I am the one." What "one"? The one sent from God from the realms above. (See verse 23.) Not "God." He then said, "The One who sent me is true, and the very things I heard from him I am speaking in the world....After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things." (John 8:26b, 28)

Not only did Jesus NOT say that he was God, but he tore up any notion that he was even on a par with God! He said he could do NOTHING of his own initiative but only what the Father taught him to say!

Does that sound like he was claiming to be God???

:think:

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
WAIT A MINUTE. Jesus didn't say "unless you believe that I am God".... No, if you actually READ the scripture, you won't get the gist of what he's saying.

Nowhere in the passages you are referring to does Jesus say he is God! He said, "If you do not believe that I am the one, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24) "I am the one." What "one"? The one sent from God from the realms above. (See verse 23.) Not "God." He then said, "The One who sent me is true, and the very things I heard from him I am speaking in the world....After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things." (John 8:26b, 28)

Not only did Jesus NOT say that he was God, but he tore up any notion that he was even on a par with God! He said he could do NOTHING of his own initiative but only what the Father taught him to say!

Jesus was God in the flesh.

"You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world" John 8:23.

Only God can turn water into wine, heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, etc.

john w

Hall of Fame
Believing is something that a person does, so it is a work !

Vs.

Romans 4:5 KJV But to him that worketh not,but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Contrasts, between what Clavinist/Calvinist bedeviled666's father the devil tells him to keep repeating, and what the bible asserts.

Believing is the opposite of working-"but."

Watch him deny it, and just spam, "Believing is something that a person does, so it is a work ...Calvinism/Clavinism is the gospel................."

Watch.

Being "zapped," in order to be "able to believe," is a work.

So there.

bedeviled666: I am zapped, regenerated, thus having no need to believe......Wait..."justifieth the ungodly"means regenerated, already saved, you see, well, uh, urr.....Believing is something that a person does, so it is a work ...Calvinism/Clavinism is the gospel.................

Cricket....cricket.....

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
WAIT A MINUTE. Jesus didn't say "unless you believe that I am God".... No, if you actually READ the scripture, you won't get the gist of what he's saying.

The verses that you quote do not say, "I am the one".
They say "I am/ego eimi".
This is confirmed by this verse which says the same thing:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am[ego eimi].

This reveals the Lord Jesus' identity as being the one who spoke to Moses from the burning bush.

As it says in the LXX/Septuagint Greek:

Exo 3:14 καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν Ἐγώ εἰμι/ego eimi ὁ ὤν· καὶ εἶπεν Οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Ισραηλ Ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέν με πρὸς ὑμᾶς.

And the one who spoke through Isaiah:

Isa 41:4 Who has wrought and done these things? he has called it who called it from the generations of old; I God, the first and to all futurity, I AM.

Isa 41:4 τίς ἐνήργησεν καὶ ἐποίησεν ταῦτα; ἐκάλεσεν αὐτὴν ὁ καλῶν αὐτὴν ἀπὸ γενεῶν ἀρχῆς, ἐγὼ θεὸς πρῶτος, καὶ εἰς τὰ ἐπερχόμενα ἐγώ εἰμι.

KingdomRose

Jesus was God in the flesh.

"You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world" John 8:23.

Only God can turn water into wine, heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, etc.

John 8:23 does not show that Jesus was God.

Yes, only God can do those things, and that's why God GAVE Jesus the power to do them. Jesus always said that his Father TAUGHT him and his Father GAVE him and his Father SENT him, etc., etc. How can you keep saying that Jesus was himself God???? Read what he said in John 8:26-29!

:poly:

KingdomRose

The verses that you quote do not say, "I am the one".
They say "I am/ego eimi".
This is confirmed by this verse which says the same thing:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am[ego eimi].

This reveals the Lord Jesus' identity as being the one who spoke to Moses from the burning bush.

As it says in the LXX/Septuagint Greek:

Exo 3:14 καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν Ἐγώ εἰμι/ego eimi ὁ ὤν· καὶ εἶπεν Οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Ισραηλ Ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέν με πρὸς ὑμᾶς.

And the one who spoke through Isaiah:

Isa 41:4 Who has wrought and done these things? he has called it who called it from the generations of old; I God, the first and to all futurity, I AM.

Isa 41:4 τίς ἐνήργησεν καὶ ἐποίησεν ταῦτα; ἐκάλεσεν αὐτὴν ὁ καλῶν αὐτὴν ἀπὸ γενεῶν ἀρχῆς, ἐγὼ θεὸς πρῶτος, καὶ εἰς τὰ ἐπερχόμενα ἐγώ εἰμι.

No, John 8:58 does not say what you are saying. What Jesus was saying was: "Before Abraham even existed, I have been." He would not have mixed together a PAST participle with a PRESENT verb. That's even against rules of grammar. And Exodus 3:14 does not absolutely say "I Am." Depending on the translator, it has been rendered "I will become what I choose to become," or "I will be what I will be," so....do you still say that Jesus was quoting Exodus 3:14?

"Before Abraham was, I will be what I choose to become"??? That makes just as much sense as what you are trying to pawn off on people. It is silly! Jesus never said "I am I Am." He could have said it just like that, but he didn't. He NEVER claimed to be God!

:kookoo:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, John 8:58 does not say what you are saying. What Jesus was saying was: "Before Abraham even existed, I have been." He would not have mixed together a PAST participle with a PRESENT verb. That's even against rules of grammar. And Exodus 3:14 does not absolutely say "I Am." Depending on the translator, it has been rendered "I will become what I choose to become," or "I will be what I will be," so....do you still say that Jesus was quoting Exodus 3:14?

"Before Abraham was, I will be what I choose to become"??? That makes just as much sense as what you are trying to pawn off on people. It is silly! Jesus never said "I am I Am." He could have said it just like that, but he didn't. He NEVER claimed to be God!

:kookoo:

No more pearls for you.

You're stiff-necked, blind and stupid.

glorydaz

Did God say that his Son is God?

Over and over again...in lots of different ways. I like these.

2 Timothy 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

1 Timothy 2:3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Titus 3:6
Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;​

The word "firstborn" here is used as Preeminent or MOST HIGH.

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​