Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

KingdomRose

Dagg the JEWISH GUY said,

Once again you have taken something out of its context and added your own imagination into your interpretation to suit what you prefer to believe. The "I am he" statement is explained within the context and it is not a reference to "equality with the Father" status, (and if it was then even Paul would be a liar because Yeshua would be exalting himself to equality with the Father). John 8:12 is the beginning of this passage spoken to the Pharisees and Yeshua references the commencement of the discourse later in the same passage,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again he has forgotten his Major Scriptures that every Christian should know.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God,

thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Uh uh. Jewish Guy is correct! Jesus never said "unless you believe I am God".....Nowhere in that passage of Scripture is that even suggested!

Philippians 2:6 is a scripture that gets translated two different ways, so it cannot be used to prove anything. MANY versions now render that verse as "Being in the form of God [Spirit], never gave a consideration to being equal to God." Jesus wouldn't even ponder the idea. Look at the NIV, the NAB, and a load of others I can't remember right now because I'm at my son's house and don't have my library with me.

KingdomRose

It says, I am (he). The Jews knew exactly what He was saying...which is why they fell backwards when He made such statements.

They knew what He was saying with every single I AM....I AM the way, I AM the life, I AM the truth, I AM the bread of life, I AM the true vine, I AM good shepherd ....since you're not a Jew, you may not know what Jesus was saying. Actually, it's clear you don't have a clue.

It wasn't that He could do nothing by His own initiative, it's that He was God and could only do what God does. duh

NOT AT ALL. The Jews knew he was saying that he was GOD'S SON. That is what they were angry about, because TO THEM he was placing himself on a higher level than a human being, and they were offended. It was THEIR words that "he made himself equal to God." Not his! He never said he was "I Am." NEVER. You have fallen for a pitiful ruse to try and show that Jesus is God. How foolish! HIS OWN WORDS BELY SUCH A THING, if you would bother to read them, and I have listed them numerous times.

You have twisted his words to such an extreme that I can hardly believe it. When he said that he could do only what the Father taught him to do and could speak only what the Father told him to speak, you say that he was doing what God would do because he is God. THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID.

Incredible. Just incredible.

:kookoo:

KingdomRose

Yeah, and:

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Those Jews understood exactly what Christ was claiming.
It's amazing that some of the folks in this forum aren't nearly as astute as those stiff-necked Jews.

It's exactly why they were saying he claimed to be God....they were stiff-necked!! It was not true! He answered them to the contrary, if you would bother to read his replies.

KingdomRose

These are all good verses but what I was looking for from KingdomRose was this one.

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8 NKJV)​

However, the Rose didn't answer.

I haven't answered because I'm at my son's place and my grandkids have thought of a lot of things for me to do, which I love. :)

I have gone into this before, but I'll do so again. Hebrews 1:8 & 9 is quoted from Psalm 45:6 & 7. The Psalms were written by A Jew and translated into English by Jews in the Jewish Publication Society's Tanakh. They never thought of King David as "God," and it apparently is about King David, to them. They wouldn't have written "your throne, O God" about David.

Now, Paul has quoted this psalm in his letter to the Hebrews. The Tanakh renders Heb.1:8 as: "YOUR DIVINE THRONE is forever and ever." Is that saying that David is divine or that he is God? Would that translate into Jesus being God, since Paul is quoting it? NEITHER IS THE CASE. Obviously what the writer of the psalm meant was that the King's throne has a divine Source, and the authority for that throne is God. It could be said, "GOD IS YOUR THRONE," or, God is the Source of authority for your position as King.

This is the most probable and reasonable rendering of Hebrews 1:8. The grammar concerning the Greek language is something to be considered astutely. A very good explanation of this verse's translation can be found in the book Truth in Translation by Jason BeDuhn. He is not affiliated in any way with JWs.

Heb.1:8 should be read: "But about the Son, he says: 'God is your throne forever and ever.'" This is so obvious when we read the very next verse!

"You loved righteousness and you hated lawlessness. That is why GOD, YOUR GOD, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions."

How can verse 8 mean that Jesus is God when the very next verse says that HE HAS A GOD?

KingdomRose

*Jesus claimed to be GodJesus: "I and the Father are one."John 10:30

The Father claimed the Son was God
"But unto the SON He says, YOUR throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom." Heb. 1:8

Prophecy referred to Jesus as God
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Is. 9:6

God not only created through the Son..... but God Himself went to Calvary for me...and you. "And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!" Philippians 2:8

No, my friend. You are spewing forth the old tired scriptures thAT HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED HERE ON THIS THREAD AND OTHERS, and it's pretty counterproductive to any kind of real discussion. Read my posts above---all of them---and then tell us the same crap you just posted, above.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, my friend. You are spewing forth the old tired scriptures thAT HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED HERE ON THIS THREAD AND OTHERS, and it's pretty counterproductive to any kind of real discussion. Read my posts above---all of them---and then tell us the same crap you just posted, above.

If Jesus isn't God, then who was that, that turned water into wine, healed the sick, walked on water, stilled a storm, fed 5,000, raised the dead and ascended into heaven?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have gone into this before, but I'll do so again. Hebrews 1:8 & 9 is quoted from Psalm 45:6 & 7.

Psalm 45 was prophetic about the true King of Israel. God has given Jesus the throne of his forefather David.

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever and of His kingdom there will be no end. (Luke 1:32-33 NKJV)​

6days

Hmmmmm..... I don't think that God's Word is old and tired, nor is it crap. Nor do I think it needs your "explanations"... nor mine.

Is their any attribute of God the Father that God the Son does not have?

Last edited:

daqq

Is their any attribute of God the Father that God the Son does not have?

Where is it written that the Father was begotten as Messiah was, (Heb 5:5)?
Where is it written that the Father learned obedience and was perfected thereby, (Heb 5:8-9)?

beloved57

Ignoring the inquiries brought to you is being intellectually dishonest with yourself.

And in reference to what he was talking about earlier refer to Romans 4:3-5

Read it.

"However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness."

It implies faith is not a work.
Faith is a work, a work of the law Matt 23:23 !

beloved57

That passage is speaking about how Pharisees were only tithing their 10% and ignoring the Spirit of the law. Jesus was admonishing them they're in error. This isn't saying faith is a work at all if that's what you're implying.
Can't get around it, Faith is a work of the law that ought to have been done !

beloved57

A work that is required to be saved.

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
Faith is a work of the law, an act that man does with the mind/heart ! That's a fact !

beloved57

A work that is required to be saved.

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom 3:22 does not say that Faith is a work required to be saved, you are teaching salvation by works, a lie against the scripture!