Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

KingdomRose

I don't think so. I doesn't matter what anyone believes. The Bible teaches that Jesus was the God-man.

He had to be all God and all man to save us.

That is not what Jesus taught. And has anyone noticed that John 8:24 does not say that we must believe that Jesus is God? (Has Robert Pate retracted that statement yet? If he has, I missed it.)

He said, "If you do not believe that I am the one, you will die in your sins." Is he saying that he is God? NO. He simply said that "I am the light of the world, and whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life." (verse 12) Did he say anywhere there that he was God? He simply indicated that he was the one sent forth into the world to give men life---the Messiah.

He did not have to be "all God" to save us. He merely had to be perfect and sinless.

Brother Ducky

I don't think so. I doesn't matter what anyone believes. The Bible teaches that Jesus was the God-man.

He had to be all God and all man to save us.

The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam, Part 1
By Robert D. Brinsmead VERDICT, May 1998

· Introduction: This Man and the Christian Religion are Not Compatible

· Joshua Ben Adam Not Jesus Ben Parthenos

· The Real Motivation to Remodel the Man

· Did Jesus Really Exist?

Introduction: This MAN and the Christian Religion are Not Compatible

In The Status of Jesus Re-examined, the previous issue of Verdict stripped away the ancient myths about dying and rising gods. 'What is left', it asked in conclusion? The answer: "Just a truly human Jesus - a man who refused any titles except the self-effacing 'son of man' which simply meant the human one."

Any comments?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Scandal of Joshua Ben Adam, Part 1
By Robert D. Brinsmead VERDICT, May 1998

· Introduction: This Man and the Christian Religion are Not Compatible

· Joshua Ben Adam Not Jesus Ben Parthenos

· The Real Motivation to Remodel the Man

· Did Jesus Really Exist?

Introduction: This MAN and the Christian Religion are Not Compatible

In The Status of Jesus Re-examined, the previous issue of Verdict stripped away the ancient myths about dying and rising gods. 'What is left', it asked in conclusion? The answer: "Just a truly human Jesus - a man who refused any titles except the self-effacing 'son of man' which simply meant the human one."

Any comments?

Pulling excerpts out of Verdict is no way to make a point.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is not what Jesus taught. And has anyone noticed that John 8:24 does not say that we must believe that Jesus is God? (Has Robert Pate retracted that statement yet? If he has, I missed it.)

He said, "If you do not believe that I am the one, you will die in your sins." Is he saying that he is God? NO. He simply said that "I am the light of the world, and whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life." (verse 12) Did he say anywhere there that he was God? He simply indicated that he was the one sent forth into the world to give men life---the Messiah.

He did not have to be "all God" to save us. He merely had to be perfect and sinless.

And who is perfect and sinless?

Brother Ducky

Pulling excerpts out of Verdict is no way to make a point.

Seems to me that it is a good way to make a point. The point being that your mentor, by your definition and his writing is not a Christian.

Now, you could argue that even if he were wrong here, lots of what he says could be correct. Which is exactly the way you should regard Calvin.

You could argue that this damning material is not what he really believed and there is a problem with the document on the web.

You could argue that in later life he came to believe in the Trinity.

You can't just say that a quote from him makes no point.

Robert Pate

Banned
Seems to me that it is a good way to make a point. The point being that your mentor, by your definition and his writing is not a Christian.

Now, you could argue that even if he were wrong here, lots of what he says could be correct. Which is exactly the way you should regard Calvin.

You could argue that this damning material is not what he really believed and there is a problem with the document on the web.

You could argue that in later life he came to believe in the Trinity.

You can't just say that a quote from him makes no point.

This is why you are so screwed up. You can't take excerpts from anything and come to a conclusion.

Brinsmead financed his publication with his own money. The publication ran for about 20 years and had a world wide distribution, mostly to pastors. If you want to think that he was not a Christian that is your privilege.

Brother Ducky

This is why you are so screwed up. You can't take excerpts from anything and come to a conclusion.

Brinsmead financed his publication with his own money. The publication ran for about 20 years and had a world wide distribution, mostly to pastors. If you want to think that he was not a Christian that is your privilege.

OK. Make a case for him. You hold him to be such a great theologian, don't you.

Brother Ducky

Seems to me that "perfect and sinless" is the bare minimum for one to not need a savior for one's own salvation. If only a man, then he would be able to save only himself. To save others, that's harder. Impossible for man, possible for God.

Robert Pate

Banned
OK. Make a case for him. You hold him to be such a great theologian, don't you.

I followed a group of Christian scholars, not just Brinsmead. There was Alan Crandall, Alexander LaBrecque, Jeffery Paxton, and several others. They all had one thing in common. They all believed the Gospel and justification by faith. You would do well to read the writings of these men if you want the truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Who said that? The Scriptures don't say that anywhere! Tell me....where does the Word of God indicate that the sinless perfect person must be "the second person of the Godhead"?

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is the second person of the Godhead, 1 John 5:7.

"For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead" Colossians 2:9.

"Which is the HEAD of ALL principality and power" Colossians 2:10.