Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

beloved57

Faith is a gift not a work.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--" (Eph. 2:8).
Faith is a work, something that a person does. No scripture says that Faith is not a work. In fact Faith is a work of the law Matt 23:23 !

beloved57

I just gave you some scripture. Eph. 2:8.
I have no problem with the scripture you gave, nevertheless Faith is a work. You have not shown a scripture that stated it is not! I have provided one that stated it is a work of the law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23 !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is very important to know who Jesus is. If you believe that he was just a good man you will probably not be saved. Jesus claimed to be divine. He said to the Jews, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins" John 8:23, 24.

Once again this scripture proves that we are justified by faith. Faith in a man is not going to save you. We must believe that Jesus was God in the flesh if we are going to be saved. Only God can defeat sin, death and the devil and reconcile the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. I also believe that you must believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to not believe that Jesus is God.

Many will be lost because they do not believe that Jesus was able to abolish sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconcile the world unto God. They just simply do not have faith in him. When you add anything to the Gospel such as works or whatever, you have dimnished the saving work of Christ and have made Jesus less than what he is.

Amen. Great OP.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with the scripture you gave, nevertheless Faith is a work. You have not shown a scripture that stated it is not! I have provided one that stated it is a work of the law that ought to have been done Matt 23:23 !

However, you're a fanatical ultra hyper-Calvinist heretic. You believe
that God creates all sin, debauchery, etc. Your belief system is Hellish.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't think you understand what you read.

If God was in Jesus how can he be God?

The Son of Man came down from heaven, not God. The Son of Man is a spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

Explain this verse away heretic?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some posters think Pate is a Universalist. It's not true. You need to
read his posts carefully. What he says is true. Christ died and was
resurrected for the sins of all mankind. However, only those who
place their faith in Christ as their Savior will benefit from His
Sacrifice. Pate isn't a Universalist. Remember that. He preaches
the truth.

Not ALL will be saved. Pate will agree with me there...

Robert Pate

Banned
Some posters think Pate is a Universalist. It's not true. You need to
read his posts carefully. What he says is true. Christ died and was
resurrected for the sins of all mankind. However, only those who
place their faith in Christ as their Savior will benefit from His
Sacrifice. Pate isn't a Universalist. Remember that. He preaches
the truth.

Not ALL will be saved. Pate will agree with me there...

You may be the only one that thinks so.

Jesus said, "When I return will I find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8.

Not much Jesus.

dssb84

Robert Pate, you are reading meaning into John 8:24. The Greek ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι as a clause does not mean that Jesus is, in identity, the same as God. See Mark 13:6; John 9:9, several others on request.

keypurr

2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."

Explain this verse away heretic?

If God was in Christ then Christ can not be God.

Open your eyes friend. God was IN Christ, not God was or Christ was God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate, you are reading meaning into John 8:24. The Greek ὅτι ἐγώ εἰμι as a clause does not mean that Jesus is, in identity, the same as God. See Mark 13:6; John 9:9, several others on request.

Welcome to the Forum.

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that turned the water into wine?

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that healed the sick, fed 5000 and raised the dead?

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that ascended back into heaven?

keypurr

Welcome to the Forum.

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that turned the water into wine?

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that healed the sick, fed 5000 and raised the dead?

If Jesus is not God then who was that, that ascended back into heaven?

God did many things through Christ who was in Jesus.

God created everything through his son Christ.

6days

keypurr said:
God did many things through Christ who was in Jesus.
God created everything through his son Christ.
*Jesus claimed to be GodJesus: "I and the Father are one."John 10:30

The Father claimed the Son was God
"But unto the SON He says, YOUR throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom." Heb. 1:8

Prophecy referred to Jesus as God
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Is. 9:6

God not only created through the Son..... but God Himself went to Calvary for me...and you. "And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!" Philippians 2:8

Robert Pate

Banned
*Jesus claimed to be GodJesus: "I and the Father are one."John 10:30

The Father claimed the Son was God
"But unto the SON He says, YOUR throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom." Heb. 1:8

Prophecy referred to Jesus as God
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Is. 9:6

God not only created through the Son..... but God Himself went to Calvary for me...and you. "And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!" Philippians 2:8

See. there are some that believe.

6days

Good point. And we are one with them. (John 17:21)

Sorry but I'm not sure if I understand your point. As Christians we don't claim to be God...it would be blasphemy if you or I used the same words Jesus did.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
it would be blasphemy if you or I used the same words Jesus did.

Actually those are Jesus' words, in fact, it was in his prayer to his Father.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus is God. If that's true then we will be just like him, whatever he is.

Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2 NKJV)​

How can we be like him if we are different?

Only God is immortal.