toldailytopic: The rapture. When will it happen and what will it be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[M]y advice is to take some time and study when the rapture doctrine first appeared, by whom said it, and the circumstances that existed.

The “rapture” was unheard of less than 200 years ago.
:shocked: The sky is falling…the sky is falling…:rolleyes:

“And a "round earth" was unheard of (fill in the # of years), and the Holy Bible was considered the KJB 100 years ago.…Next ‘argument’.”
:yawn:

Is it true that the word rapture is not in the Bible? By Adrienne Rogers

“…Yes, that’s true. But neither will you find the Trinity by name in the Bible, nor the word mission and a number of other terms we use to describe theological concepts clearly taught in Scripture.

The word “rapture” in Scripture is taken from the Latin “rapio” for the two words “caught up” used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. It has come into popular use today to refer to the Lord Jesus coming for the church, to lift her up into the heavens. One raptured is “lifted up” in love.

When you are studying the rapture of the church, there are several things you need to keep in mind. First of all, the second coming of Christ is in two parts, separated by a period of seven years.

The first part is sometimes referred to as the “Rapture” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15:52-58). The second part occurs when Christ physically, bodily returns to this earth on the Mount of Olives from which He ascended. The interval between these two events, known as the Tribulation and Great Tribulation, is divided into two, three-and-a-half year periods each. The seventy weeks described in Daniel 9:24-27 speaks of this.

The Great Tribulation is the “wrath to come” from which the believer is delivered by the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10). The children of God, “because they have kept the word of His patience, will be kept from that hour of trial.” (Revelation 3:10).

We believe that the Scripture teaches that Christians will not be judged with the world when God pours out His wrath in the day of the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 says, “God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.” Scripture teaches us to look for the Lord’s return, not for the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 1:10 and Titus 2:13).

Jesus said regarding His second coming, “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only.” We should live like Jesus is coming today. It may be closer than we dare dream.” By Adrian Rogers. © 2006 Love Worth Finding Ministries. Website. www.lwf.org.

“Earth is a sphere. Isa 40:22. How did Isaiah know that?...”

See:

How to Be Certain the Bible is the Word of God by Adrienne Rogers

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus’ original plan, which was prophesied throughout the whole Old Testament, was to give Israel a Kingdom with Jesus as King of kings and Lord of lords. Israel rejected their risen Christ. God’s plan for Israel’s kingdom was Plan A.

But, just as a good general will have a Plan B (and even a Plan C) should Plan A fail, God had a Plan B should Israel reject Jesus’ offer. “Because of unbelief” God cut off Israel. When He did this, He took Paul sent him directly to the Gentiles, bypassing Israel. He also gave Paul new marching orders—the Gospel of Uncircumcision or Gospel of Grace.

Had Israel not rejected Jesus, they would have gone through their Tribulation or the Time of Jacob’s trouble 2,000 years ago. Jesus would have then returned, established their kingdom, and judged nations, etc. Make sense?

God bless, Tom from Mabank, TX

I agree with everything except one part. I pretty much thought of it this way for a while myself.

Except God predestined the Body to be like him before the world. I believe it was a two fold plan. He wanted Israel to keep their agreement, but was dying for the sin of the world, and using Paul for ministry was a back up plan to Israel.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Just because Darby and others taught on a biblical truth does not mean they invented it. Just because eschatology was not the big issue in the early doctrinal disputes does not mean a new emphasis on it is not biblically based.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up [2 Pet. 3:10].

The Day of the Lord is wrath, not the departure. Did you not read the rest of the verses you yourself posted?

SaulToPaul 2

:shocked: The sky is falling…the sky is falling…:rolleyes:

:yawn:

Is it true that the word rapture is not in the Bible? By Adrienne Rogers

“…Yes, that’s true. But neither will you find the Trinity by name in the Bible, nor the word mission and a number of other terms we use to describe theological concepts clearly taught in Scripture.

The word “rapture” in Scripture is taken from the Latin “rapio” for the two words “caught up” used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. It has come into popular use today to refer to the Lord Jesus coming for the church, to lift her up into the heavens. One raptured is “lifted up” in love.

When you are studying the rapture of the church, there are several things you need to keep in mind. First of all, the second coming of Christ is in two parts, separated by a period of seven years.

The first part is sometimes referred to as the “Rapture” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15:52-58). The second part occurs when Christ physically, bodily returns to this earth on the Mount of Olives from which He ascended. The interval between these two events, known as the Tribulation and Great Tribulation, is divided into two, three-and-a-half year periods each. The seventy weeks described in Daniel 9:24-27 speaks of this.

The Great Tribulation is the “wrath to come” from which the believer is delivered by the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10). The children of God, “because they have kept the word of His patience, will be kept from that hour of trial.” (Revelation 3:10).

We believe that the Scripture teaches that Christians will not be judged with the world when God pours out His wrath in the day of the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 says, “God has not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.” Scripture teaches us to look for the Lord’s return, not for the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 1:10 and Titus 2:13).

Jesus said regarding His second coming, “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only.” We should live like Jesus is coming today. It may be closer than we dare dream.” By Adrian Rogers. © 2006 Love Worth Finding Ministries. Website. www.lwf.org.

“Earth is a sphere. Isa 40:22. How did Isaiah know that?...”

See:

How to Be Certain the Bible is the Word of God by Adrienne Rogers

Is she Adrian's daughter?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How does one "prove" doctrine from the apocrypha and wikipedia without going over the "deep end"?

STP, like most dispensationalists claim that Daniel chapter 11 is describing their made up future antichrist from Daniel chapter 9 (70 weeks)

Daniel chapter 11 describes the time period that Antiochus invaded Jerusalem, killed over 40,000 Jewish men, took women and children away, and set up an alter to Zeus at the temple. The Jews, led by Judas Maccabeus revolted and retook the temple. It was at this time that the Menorah burned for eight days even though they only had enough consecrated oil for one day.

From this event the Jews got Hanukkah. We see that in John 10:22 Jesus was present at Solomon’s colonnade when the Jews were observing Hanukkah (feast of the dedication)

(John 10:22) And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

Even though the books of Maccabees are not part of the canon, when used as history books, they give us in great detail that what Daniel prophesied in chapter 11 was fulfilled from when Alexander the Great died until Antiochus died (350BC to 164BC).

Because STP clings to his made up fairytales about a future antichrist, and claims Daniel chapter 11 is about his fairytale, he goes out of his way to try and discredit me instead of addressing the facts.

I have asked STP over a dozen times what is the feast of the dedication in John 10:22, but he will not answer. Instead he clings to his man made fairytales.

As for Wikipedia, it or any history book that is written about the time period between Alexander the Great and the Maccabean revolt will also show that what Daniel prophesized in chapter 11 already happened.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet, why did you not address the fact that circumcision, Sabbath law and Israel's feast are PERPETUAL covenants?

I did Tom, you don't like my answer

(Hebrews 8:6) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

john w

Hall of Fame
I did Tom, you don't like my answer

(Hebrews 8:6) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

-
"I did Tom, you don't like my answer." -the British Israelist

Stop mimicking me, Brit.

"The 'rapture' was unheard of less than 200 years ago."' -the British Israelist

British Israelism was unheard of (fill in the blank of # of years). Therefore, it is false. Change your belief system, Brit.

The Brit is on record as "arguing" that when you discover truth, determines if it is objective truth.

What a mess.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the words of Gabriel Heater, past news broadcaster, "A closing thought."

I was thinking about . . .

BEING READY…A THIEF IN THE NIGHT…CAUGHT UP (Gathered away, Raptured)

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

And what I say to you, I say to all: "Watch!" Mark 13:37

You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Luke 12:40​
LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT . . .
For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. 2 Peter 3:10

Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Revelation 3:3

Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed! Revelation 16:15
A MYSTERY . . . CHANGED . . .
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52​

"CAUGHT UP . . ."
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 2 Corinthians 4:14​
A GLORIOUS CHURCH . . .
That He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27​
A GREAT NUMBER . . .
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands. Revelation. 7:9​
WHO ARE THESE . . .
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" 14 And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation*, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:13-14

*Tribulation, great tribulation, troubles, trials, afflictions, hardship, etc., from the pilgrimage with the Lord.​
OVERCOMERS, and DELIVERED MANY TIMES . . .
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Revelation 12:10-11

. . . Till He comes. 1 Cor. 11:26

Though He slay me (bring me low), yet will I trust Him. Job 13:15A

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth. Job 19:25

My Redeemer . . . Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us. 2 Corinthians 1:10​
WHAT DAVID WROTE LATER IN LIFE FROM EXPERIENCE . . .
Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed against me. Psalm 129:2​

QUOTING CHARLES H. SPURGEON . . . From the Treasury of David

Psalms 129:2, "Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; Yet they have not prevailed against me.

EXPOSITION - verse 2

Many a time have they afflicted, me from my youth. Israel repeats her statement of her repeated afflictions. The fact was uppermost in her thoughts, and she could not help soliloquizing upon it again and again. These repetitions are after the manner of poetry: thus she makes a sonnet out of her sorrows, music out of her miseries. "Yet they have not prevailed against me." We seem to hear the beat of timbrels and the clash of cymbals here: the foe is derided; his malice has failed. That "yet" breaks in like the blast of trumpets, or the roll of kettledrums. "Cast down, but not destroyed", is the shout of a victor. Israel has wrestled, and has overcome in the struggle. Who wonders? If Israel overcame the angel of the covenant, what man or devil shall vanquish him? The fight was oft renewed and long protracted: the champion severely felt the conflict, and was at times fearful of the issue; but at length he takes breath, and cries, "Yet they have not prevailed against me." "Many a time;" yes, "many a time", the enemy has had his opportunity and his vantage, but not so much as once has he gained the victory.

14 Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 15 For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:14-18

CONQUERORS AND DELIVERED . . .
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37

Again: Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us. 2 Corinthians 1:10

And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 1 Thessalonians 1:10

Persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra -- what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 2 Timothy 3:11

And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! 2 Timothy 4:18​
ENDURE AND STAND . . .
You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 2:3

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness. Ephesians 6:13-14​
FINALLY HOME . . .
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands. Revelation 7:9​
They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! Revelation 15:3

5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!" 6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Revelation 19:5-6

Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:5​
WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT GLORIOUS DAY . . .
"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. Revelation 22:12

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, the Psalmist, goodbye
:wave:​

Goodbye? No I'm not leaving, just waving when it happens :wave2:​

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
-
"I did Tom, you don't like my answer." -the British Israelist

Stop mimicking me, Brit.

"The 'rapture' was unheard of less than 200 years ago."' -the British Israelist

British Israelism was unheard of (fill in the blank of # of years). Therefore, it is false. Change your belief system, Brit.

The Brit is on record as "arguing" that when you discover truth, determines if it is objective truth.

What a mess.

Since John W and STP cannot refute me with scripture they resort to making up stuff about me.

I have never claimed that I am from the tribe of Ephraim. STP is lying and he knows that he is lying, yet he says it anyway.

I have never claimed I am a British Israelite. I have made many posts to John W and STP telling them that I am not a British Israelite yet they continue to bare false witness against me.

British Israelism is a heresy. British Israelites observe the Torah today. They observe feasts, observe the Mosaic law and at the same time acknowledge that Jesus is the Messiah.

The only difference between British Israelism and Messianic Judaism (another heresy) is that the British Israelites think they are descendents from one of the 10 lost tribes.

So, John W and STP will still say lies about me because they cannot refute what I say with scripture.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I don't think any rapture will be happening.

Jesus the Christ/Messiah will come back for His followers (I Thess. 4:13-18).

There will not be a rapture for Muslims since they are not in Christ (I Jn. 5:11-13). Many Muslims are becoming Christians and more will do so after the rapture before His visible return to earth 7 years later.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Muhammad-Differences-Surprising-Similarities/dp/1591852919

This is an amazing contrast (former Muslim scholar who fairly represents the Qu'ran vs Bible).

TeeJay

In the words of Gabriel Heater, past news broadcaster, "A closing thought."

I was thinking about . . .

BEING READY…A THIEF IN THE NIGHT…CAUGHT UP (Gathered away, Raptured)

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

And what I say to you, I say to all: "Watch!" Mark 13:37

You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Luke 12:40​
LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT . . .
For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. 2 Peter 3:10

Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Revelation 3:3

Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed! Revelation 16:15
A MYSTERY . . . CHANGED . . .
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52​

"CAUGHT UP . . ."
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 2 Corinthians 4:14​
A GLORIOUS CHURCH . . .
That He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27​
A GREAT NUMBER . . .
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands. Revelation. 7:9​
WHO ARE THESE . . .
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" 14 And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation*, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:13-14

*Tribulation, great tribulation, troubles, trials, afflictions, hardship, etc., from the pilgrimage with the Lord.​
OVERCOMERS, and DELIVERED MANY TIMES . . .
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Revelation 12:10-11

. . . Till He comes. 1 Cor. 11:26

Though He slay me (bring me low), yet will I trust Him. Job 13:15A

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth. Job 19:25

My Redeemer . . . Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us. 2 Corinthians 1:10​
WHAT DAVID WROTE LATER IN LIFE FROM EXPERIENCE . . .
Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed against me. Psalm 129:2​

14 Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. 15 For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:14-18

CONQUERORS AND DELIVERED . . .
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37

Again: Who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us. 2 Corinthians 1:10

And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 1 Thessalonians 1:10

Persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra -- what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 2 Timothy 3:11

And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! 2 Timothy 4:18​
ENDURE AND STAND . . .
You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 2:3

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness. Ephesians 6:13-14​
FINALLY HOME . . .
After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands. Revelation 7:9​
They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! Revelation 15:3

5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!" 6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Revelation 19:5-6

Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:5​
WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT GLORIOUS DAY . . .
"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. Revelation 22:12

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, the Psalmist, goodbye
:wave:[/COLOR]​

Psalmist,

The Rapture is not mentioned in the OT nor by Jesus. When Jesus warns of coming like a theif in the night, He is warning that He is coming in judgment. The one taken is taken in judgment. The Body of Christ is future and contingent on Israel accepting their risen Christ.

The Rapture can only occur if there is a Body of believers to Rapture. After Acts 9, all believers in Christ are in the Body and are not Israel. Please go back and read by first post on this.

TeeJay

Since John W and STP cannot refute me with scripture they resort to making up stuff about me.

I have never claimed that I am from the tribe of Ephraim. STP is lying and he knows that he is lying, yet he says it anyway.

I have never claimed I am a British Israelite. I have made many posts to John W and STP telling them that I am not a British Israelite yet they continue to bare false witness against me.

British Israelism is a heresy. British Israelites observe the Torah today. They observe feasts, observe the Mosaic law and at the same time acknowledge that Jesus is the Messiah.

The only difference between British Israelism and Messianic Judaism (another heresy) is that the British Israelites think they are descendents from one of the 10 lost tribes.

So, John W and STP will still say lies about me because they cannot refute what I say with scripture.

Tet,

Circumcision, Sabbath law, feasts are PERPETUAL covenants for Israel.

You are not keeping these laws. Will you therefore admit that you are under a different Dispensation that the Twelve Circumcision apostles?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
all believers in Christ are in the Body and are not Israel.

You are wrong again Tom.

(Hosea 11:1) When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

(Matt 2:15) And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Tom, according to the above scriptures Jesus is Israel. Therefore, if one is of the Body of Christ, then one is of Israel.

Let’s look at more scripture that confirms this:

(Gal 6:15-16)

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

According to the above scriptures, if one is “in Christ” then one is the Israel of God.

Tom, you are doing the same exact thing the Pharisees did. You assume that “Israel” is supposed to be a political, military, earthly kingdom like when David was king.

Jesus explains that the kingdom is not like that, yet you, like the Pharisees that killed Him, insist it is supposed to be like when David was king.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Jesus the Christ/Messiah will come back for His followers (I Thess. 4:13-18).

There will not be a rapture for Muslims since they are not in Christ (I Jn. 5:11-13). Many Muslims are becoming Christians and more will do so after the rapture before His visible return to earth 7 years later.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Muhammad-Differences-Surprising-Similarities/dp/1591852919

This is an amazing contrast (former Muslim scholar who fairly represents the Qu'ran vs Bible).

If that is what you believe, fine. It will either be true or untrue. I don't think the rapture will be happening.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 21st, 2010 09:40 AM

toldailytopic: The rapture. When will it happen and what will it be like?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

There, I have read the first post again.

Psalmist,

The Rapture is not mentioned in the OT nor by Jesus. When Jesus warns of coming like a theif in the night, He is warning that He is coming in judgment. The one taken is taken in judgment. The Body of Christ is future and contingent on Israel accepting their risen Christ.

The Rapture can only occur if there is a Body of believers to Rapture. After Acts 9, all believers in Christ are in the Body and are not Israel. Please go back and read by first post on this.

I know that the rapture is not mentioned in the OT or by Jesus.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, the Psalmist, goodbye :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.