toldailytopic: The rapture. When will it happen and what will it be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 21st, 2010 09:40 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Aimiel

Poof. Believers GONE. Clothes lying right where they were. People will witness the person they're talking to going bye-bye, as their clothing collapses in a heap. It will be a mystery to the world. I believe that the sign of the cross will be visible in the sky, from every corner of the globe. Every Jew will realize exactly what that means: they misjudged Jesus, and He really is God, in The Flesh. Right then, a whole nation will become born again in a day.

Isaiah 66:8
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

As far as when... I know the EXACT HOUR when it will take place. :shut:

:kook: Such an hour as ye think not! :ha:​

Granite

Hall of Fame
Poof. Believers GONE. Clothes lying right where they were. People will witness the person they're talking to going bye-bye, as their clothing collapses in a heap. It will be a mystery to the world. I believe that the sign of the cross will be visible in the sky, from every corner of the globe. Every Jew will realize exactly what that means: they misjudged Jesus, and He really is God, in The Flesh. Right then, a whole nation will become born again in a day.

Isaiah 66:8
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

As far as when... I know the EXACT HOUR when it will take place. :shut:

:kook: Such an hour as ye think not! :ha:​

You just couldn't resist a Jew jab.:chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Poof. Believers GONE.
This is a common misperception of I Cor. 15:52.

The verse does not say we will be raised in the twinkling of an eye. Instead it says we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

I believe we will be raised up in the air just as slowly as Christ was raised up in the air in Luke 24:51.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

“Rapture” is not in the Bible. It will never happen.

It was something that John Nelson Darby created that was based on the dream of a teenage girl name Margret McDonald in the early 1800’s. Margret had a dream that Jesus would return twice. Darby took the dream and created the rapture, the great tribulation, the second coming of Christ, and the millennial rule (a.k.a. Dispensationalism)

When Christ returns it will be His final return. All believers will be caught up in the air with him, and then the graves will open and all believers from the past will be taken up also.

Then comes Judgment Day.

SaulToPaul 2

All believers will be caught up in the air with him, and then the graves will open and all believers from the past will be taken up also.

Um, that's what a rapture is. If you don't believe in a dispensational pre-tribulation rapture, that's fine. But, there will be a rapture.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do any of you monarchists in particular expect the rapture soon, or in your lifetime?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't necessarily expect it, but I hope for it every day.

Well I imagine the escapist quality inherent in this bizarre (and relatively new) theory has a definite appeal.

You realize hoping for the rapture's just one shade away from hoping for death, yes?

SaulToPaul 2

Well I imagine the escapist quality inherent in this bizarre (and relatively new) theory has a definite appeal.

You realize hoping for the rapture's just one shade away from hoping for death, yes?

To depart would be far better, I am hard pressed from both sides.
And, yes, there is an element of escapism. We are looking to be delivered from this present evil world.

Granite

Hall of Fame
To depart would be far better, I am hard pressed from both sides.
And, yes, there is an element of escapism. We are looking to be delivered from this present evil world.

So why are so many of you actively involved in trying to change it? Anything you do will be undone (and HOW) once the Antichrist runs the show, yes? And the world is heading down the tubes, anyway. I guess I wonder about the schizophrenia inherent to pre-trib Christianity: on the one hand you guys fiendishly beaver away at trying to profoundly change the world, yet on the other hand must acknowledge nothing you do will last throughout the Great Tribulation.

SaulToPaul 2

So why are so many of you actively involved in trying to change it? Anything you do will be undone (and HOW) once the Antichrist runs the show, yes? And the world is heading down the tubes, anyway. I guess I wonder about the schizophrenia inherent to pre-trib Christianity: on the one hand you guys fiendishly beaver away at trying to profoundly change the world, yet on the other hand must acknowledge nothing you do will last throughout the Great Tribulation.

Great questions.

I, for one, am not trying to change the world.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Great questions.

I, for one, am not trying to change the world.

That means you're at least being consistent with what you believe.

So instead of changing the world you...pine for being drawn into the sky. Yeah. Okay then.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And, yes, there is an element of escapism.

Paul says to be "steadfast"

(1 Cor 15:58) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I sure do...if by sky you mean far above all heavens.
Thanks for acknowledging the consistency in my view.

Well you're consistent in that you're not trying to do very much. If the rapture is imminent, that's the right attitude.

A pity more of your brethern couldn't be more like you!

SaulToPaul 2

Paul says to be "steadfast"

(1 Cor 15:58) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Yes, I agree. But, the work of the Lord isn't to change this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.