toldailytopic: How do you feel about building a mosque at ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skavau

You have the gullibility of a small child.
Yes, I'm sure you were there and completely present with all of my discussions with every single Muslim.

Their book.
Yes, I've seen Christians claim directly to Muslims that they are licensed to do X based on several verses in the Qu'ran. They are no more violent and no more numerous that what is in the Old Testament. The point is that I've seen this happen, and I've seen Muslims explain that this is not true. You may turn around and insist on inherent dishonesty and decree they'll say whatever - but this is just blatant bigotry on your behalf.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy
Except, even if such a statement is true - it would be willful, and would be conducted in full respect and understanding of the U.S. Constitution.

WizardofOz

It is the responsibility of our government to protect our borders from our enemies.

And to, um....:sozo: Uphold the Constitution!!!!!
You forgot to mention that one......

What do borders have to do with it? These are American citizens we are talking about.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Which includes protecting our borders from our enemies (all Muslims), and not giving them aid and comfort.

Protect our borders from all Muslims? What do you think the gov't should do with all the Muslims that are here?

WizardofOz

Which includes protecting our borders from our enemies (all Muslims), and not giving them aid and comfort.

You're more delusional with each new incarnation, sozo.

Shall we deport Muslims, even those who are American citizens?
Deport every single one of them.

Nevermind

Maybe Christians will be next after a Christian terrorist bombs a trade center....oh wait. :doh:

Those who oppose this mosque, just look at the company you keep :kookoo:

madman

So Madman, you endorse the notion of thought-crime. Is someone who believes the USA should change to be a Communist state an enemy of the state?
It's not just a "thought" if it is endorsed. Communism is an enemy of the state.

Skavau

It's not just a "thought" if it is endorsed. Communism is an enemy of the state.

Yes it is. Let us say an American happens to just conclude that Islam is true. That Allah is God and Muhammad is his messenger. All he would have done is change his mind on what God exists. He has done nothing but change his thoughts. You would have him deported.

But thank you for basically admitting that free-thought means nothing to you, making the ideal American dream a complete farce.

What else is an enemy of the state according to you?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Within the laws of this country and state and city of New York, a U.S. Citizen or a Foreign National has the right to build a religious center for any faith they want provided it complies with the laws. Based on the laws, there is almost no legal reason to refuse them permission. Since building departments are charged with maintaining the public safety, they may be able to quash the permits by stating construction of such a controversial center so near to ground zero could lead to increased police costs to maintain order and prevent violence the Islamic center and its occupants. The costs of such increased security and the threat to public safety out weigh the owners rights to construct the center and the permits are not issued.

Since this thread asked how I feel, I feel that it is an incredibly stupid and insensitive move on the part of the Iman and the Islamic community.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
They are the enemy of this country.
A majority are U.S. citizens that love this country. They have denounced terrorism. Are they enemies too?

BY the way, wouldn't we need two witnesses to convict each of these people of a crime before they are branded traitor and deported?

Status
Not open for further replies.