toldailytopic: Bomb in Oslo Norway. What should authorities do to keep the public saf

some other dude

You just have to put others down though, don't you? Would life be worth living for you if you couldn't feel superior to others?

Sorry John, Manc made some silly assumptions about what I posted.

Who's putting who down?

Manc said:
Maybe this may make you think your position muslims is as unintillegient the post below is.

Manc said:
Yes you have left me beliving that you think we should wage war on muslims in general, due to actions of a number of terrorists.

Manc said:
So you advocate the arming on teenagers on youth camps?

Manc said:
You saying when you made your first post you had not made the assumption the terrorist was islamic?

And I suppose I do feel superior to posters like you and Manc. Would you like to know why?

Because I don't make silly assumptions about what people have posted. :chuckle:

some other dude

Anders Behring Breivik, the suspect in Norway's twin terrorist attacks, has acknowledged that he was responsible for both criminal acts but told his lawyer that "it was necessary," according to the Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang.

"He has stated that it was cruel that he had to perform these actions, but in his mind it was necessary," defense attorney Geir Lippestad told reporters as he left the police station late Saturday night, reported the newspaper, commonly known as VG.

According to VG, the lawyer was clearly affected by his conversation with Breivik and said it was difficult "to give a reasonable explanation as to why someone kills close to 100 innocent people."

some other dude

Timothy McVeigh:
I am sorry these people had to lose their lives. But that's the nature of the beast. It's understood going in what the human toll will be.[69]

"Psychiatrist John Smith concluded that [McVeigh] was a decent person who had allowed rage to build up inside him to the point that he had lashed out in one terrible, violent act." – from a BBC story on McVeigh.[7]

John Mortimer

Timothy McVeigh:
I am sorry these people had to lose their lives. But that's the nature of the beast. It's understood going in what the human toll will be.[6

"Psychiatrist John Smith concluded that [McVeigh] was a decent person who had allowed rage to build up inside him to the point that he had lashed out in one terrible, violent act." – from a BBC story on McVeigh.[7]

And the point of this is.............??????????

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Laws should be designed to make people not want to be criminals. Like if criminals were routinely executed, not many would aspire.

Laws that make it difficult to be a criminal are no deterrent. And hoping for a lower body count ignores the real issue.

Flipper

Lindisfarne is England, by the way....... not Scotland.

Why do you want to retain & inflame old grudges and rivalries? You sad little OLD person!

Only just... and historically that's not always been the case, which is why they call it the Borders.*

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Laws should be designed to make people not want to be criminals. Like if criminals were routinely executed, not many would aspire.

Laws that make it difficult to be a criminal are no deterrent. And hoping for a lower body count ignores the real issue.

And how would such laws safeguard the innocent from being executed? Your argument is one that has no real bearing here IMO. This person was a complete nut and I doubt the threat of the DP would have prevented his psychopathic assault.

:plain:

some other dude

I would hesitate to call him a nut or a psychopath Brain. It looks like he had a plan to destroy or seriously damage the future of the liberal party in Norway. These kids weren't chosen at random, they were the up and comers in the liberal party.

Arthur Brain

I would hesitate to call him a nut or a psychopath Brain. It looks like he had a plan to destroy or seriously damage the future of the liberal party in Norway. These kids weren't chosen at random, they were the up and comers in the liberal party.

You'd hesitate? Why? I'd call anyone a nut who thinks it's justifiable to kill people of any age simply because they have a differing political outlook to themselves. I'd say the same about a psycho who thought wiping out conservatives would achieve anything. This guy was deranged, an absolute and total bloody nutcase. If you disagree with that then your call. I ain't interested in getting bogged down in a pointless to and fro over it.

some other dude

Yes Brain, I do disagree with it.

I thought I made that clear.

For the same reasons I didn't like hearing the 9-11 attackers referred to as "cowardly". It was inaccurate and muddied the waters.

Arthur Brain

Yes Brain, I do disagree with it.

I thought I made that clear.

For the same reasons I didn't like hearing the 9-11 attackers referred to as "cowardly". It was inaccurate and muddied the waters.

So this guy was sane then? Murdering people in cold blood due to some "political agenda" was not nutty or deranged in the slightest at all?

some other dude

So no sociopathic or similar tendencies/traits at all then...?

Not enough to call his sanity into question, but if you want to keep moving the goalposts, have at it.

Obviously I'm not if you're in any way genuine about having a conversation about this. If not then fine.

:e4e:

Well, let's go back to the statement I made that started this:

some other dude said:
I would hesitate to call him a nut or a psychopath Brain.

and your response?

Arthur Brian said:
...........I ain't interested in getting bogged down in a pointless to and fro over it.

Looks like you were lying. :idunno:

Arthur Brain

Not enough to call his sanity into question, but if you want to keep moving the goalposts, have at it.

So where do you draw the line?

Well, let's go back to the statement I made that started this:

and your response?

Looks like you were lying. :idunno:

Nope, just hoping for an intelligent conversation on a sensitive topic without pointless snipes and deflection.

:plain:

Skavau

"terrorize the terrorists"

I'm afraid the west doesn't have the will to protect themselves in such a brutal way. The libs have wussified us to the point of negotiating or otherwise dealing with terrorists.

Speak to them in the language they understand.

Bomb us?

We'll destroy you, your family, your children, your aunts, uncles, every blood relation to you.

It worked with Gaddafi in 1986.
Right, I've seen you playing the slippery snake on this some other dude.

You are in the post I've just quoted directly encouraging the destruction of all relations to terrorists. Do you seriously believe that in the event of any terrorist attack where we can't get at the perpetrator(s) we should take their family hostage (whether they were involved or not) and murder them?