toldailytopic: Bomb in Oslo Norway. What should authorities do to keep the public saf

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he'd gone on his rampage in New Zealand and been caught alive, the most severely he could be punished is about 20 years prison.

Execute with extreme prejudice, I say...

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Okay well Sod was serious, I think. I've also known several RL people that have seriously advocated turning the middle east into a "parking lot" to "solve" the terrorist problem. And the movie musta been WRONG anyway . . . :patrol:

Pretty good movie though....you ought to rent it or something. Being ten years old it certainly wouldn't cost much. :chuckle:

Swordfish Trailer

zoo22

If he'd gone on his rampage in New Zealand and been caught alive, the most severely he could be punished is about 20 years prison.

Execute with extreme prejudice, I say...

Norway has similar sentencing (I think 21 years max), but in extreme cases, where they believe the criminal will murder again, they can increase it. I'm sure this will be treated as extreme.

There's a death penalty in Norway for cases of treason.

Repeat offenses by released prisoners is extremely low in Norway.

I imagine Selaphiel would know more.

Selaphiel

Norway has similar sentencing (I think 21 years max), but in extreme cases, where they believe the criminal will murder again, they can increase it. I'm sure this will be treated as extreme.

There's a death penalty in Norway for cases of treason.

Repeat offenses by released prisoners is extremely low in Norway.

I imagine Selaphiel would know more.

There is no longer a death penalty from treason in Norway, I believe the death penalty was abolished entirely in 1979.

firon

If there are two or three witnesses who bear public witness to the crime, give the criminals no moment of fame. If those who bear witness do so to falsely accuse, execute them before sundown. If the witness against the accused is proven true, execute them before sundown. If there is no one with that evidence against them, release them.

elohiym

It was a retreat for "the youth wing of the Labor Party"

Read more here

"A common topic of conversation in Norway is that this person will be convicted to the harshest penalty that we can give him, which is 21 years in prison," Sandberg said. "That means he is out after 16 years. He might be out after 14 years. And then he will be a free man. And he killed so many. We don't have laws that could lay out a penalty for what he's done."

Someone will kill the gunman, probably soon.

This Charming Manc

So do you really think the US goverment should have a crackdown on rightwing gun owning christian fundementalists ?

I thought not.

Maybe this may make you think your position muslims is as unintillegient the post below is.

"terrorize the terrorists"

I'm afraid the west doesn't have the will to protect themselves in such a brutal way. The libs have wussified us to the point of negotiating or otherwise dealing with terrorists.

Speak to them in the language they understand.

Bomb us?

We'll destroy you, your family, your children, your aunts, uncles, every blood relation to you.

It worked with Gaddafi in 1986.

This Charming Manc

or maybe if the person concerned didn't thave legal access to a pistol, rifle and shotgun, maybe less than 84 children would of been shot dead.

Gun control never laws can never stop these inncidents, but they can make them rarer and lower the body count if they do happen.

Norway should do what the Swiss do, train their citizens how to use and carry firearms. The terrorist shows up with his bomb, then Bang, problem solved. Terrorists won't mess with Norway anymore.

The US gun control laws should be about teaching people how to control a gun, not banning them. Training decent citizen how to use weapons would go a long way toward discouraging terrorists.

This Charming Manc

Selaphiel,

Anyway seph as our representative from norway, our prayers and sympathy go out to all in your country.

This an evil evil thing committed by a madman, that I thinkwe can never really comprehend.

This Charming Manc

Sure, those of them that are terrorists.

Do you draw the same distinctions with muslims, I dont seem to remember you doing that.

Would I be putting word in your mouth if I suggested you have equated muslim with terrorist.

It looks like you were trying to say something there. :idunno:

Yes you have left me beliving that you think we should wage war on muslims in general, due to actions of a number of terrorists.

Also that you belive that unreasonable and untargeted force is the solution to the complex question of terrorism.

It seems you now no longer advocate these policies?

This Charming Manc

So you advocate the arming on teenagers on youth camps?

Maybe not arming the public at large may be a possible solution?

Well, running away and hiding didn't work all that well. Can't help wondering if armed resistance might have helped. :think:

Oh yes, he was stopped when armed resistance arrived.

This Charming Manc

Sure, those of them that are terrorists.

How do you identify thse from the other ones?

Before to today all this chap had done was go on christian fundementalist forums, hold right wing views, take an anti islam position and own legal guns ?

If that makes one a terrorists I think some guys from here need to start running for the hills soon.

some other dude

Do you draw the same distinctions with muslims, I dont seem to remember you doing that.

I don't believe I mentioned muslims at all.

Would I be putting word in your mouth if I suggested you have equated muslim with terrorist.

You'd have to show me where.

Yes you have left me beliving that you think we should wage war on muslims in general, due to actions of a number of terrorists.

Then you have left me with no alternative than to note that you are an idiot. :idunno:

Also that you belive that unreasonable and untargeted force is the solution to the complex question of terrorism.

...yep, still an idiot...

It seems you now no longer advocate these policies?

Manc, I don't know if you've been drinking, if you're just an idiot or if you're playing games.

But you're not making much sense.

Maybe you should go back and read what I posted.

some other dude

How do you identify thse from the other ones?

They perform terrorist acts. :idunno:

Before to today all this chap had done was go on christian fundementalist forums, hold right wing views, take an anti islam position and own legal guns ?

If that makes one a terrorists I think some guys from here need to start running for the hills soon.

No, it would be pretty silly to say that going on christian fundementalist forums, holding right wing views, taking an anti islam position and owning legal guns makes one a terrorist.

You should stop doing that.

John Mortimer

"terrorize the terrorists"

I'm afraid the west doesn't have the will to protect themselves in such a brutal way. The libs have wussified us to the point of negotiating or otherwise dealing with terrorists.

Speak to them in the language they understand.

Bomb us?

We'll destroy you, your family, your children, your aunts, uncles, every blood relation to you.

This Charming Manc said:

...yep, still an idiot...

So, he's an idiot for thinking that...
"We'll destroy you, your family, your children, your aunts, uncles, every blood relation to you."
... is unreasonable?

See, this is pretty much the attitude of the Norwegian murderer. He didn't hesitate to slaughter the children of those he considered his enemies.

And if you are a Christian, presumably the teachings of Jesus Christ mean something to you?

How exactly is...
"We'll destroy you, your family, your children, your aunts, uncles, every blood relation to you."
...loving your enemies?

Don't tell me..........
When I read in the Bible, (that you say is the ultimate authority on Earth), that Jesus teaches,
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

it doesn't mean what it says, right?