toldailytopic: Bomb in Oslo Norway. What should authorities do to keep the public saf

Skavau

IMO, I don't see the DP as a deterrent but rather as a punishment and a way to keep society safe from THAT particular offender. Dead men and women do NOT reoffend.

I agree. I am in favour of the death penalty for those that cannot be rehabilitated.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Where did Granite mock your wife?

I don't remember this and didn't know or remember that this little waste of time was even married. That said, I apologize. Plenty of people here have made deeply offensive remarks about my own better half (and I've never received an apology from any of these sterling Christian folk, for the record), so I know what it's like to be on the receiving end. If I did insult his wife then I was out of line. Again: whenever this happened, it must've been a while ago. I was under the impression Stripe was single, actually.:idunno:

Regardless, that doesn't stop the pinhead from being a trolling brown-nosing intellectually dishonest waste of time. If he wants to keep on whining and complaining about me he can (and probably will) but it makes him look immature and foolish. Newsflash: "cowardice" doesn't exist on TOL. What Stripe proves time again is that stiff-necked idiocy and a grossly inflated sense of self are quite real here. He proves as much every time he opens his mouth.

Hopefully he stops trying to hijack this thread.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't remember this and didn't know or remember that this little waste of time was even married. That said, I apologize. Plenty of people here have made deeply offensive remarks about my own better half (and I've never received an apology from any of these sterling Christian folk, for the record), so I know what it's like to be on the receiving end. If I did insult his wife then I was out of line. Again: whenever this happened, it must've been a while ago. I was under the impression Stripe was single, actually.:idunno:

Regardless, that doesn't stop the pinhead from being a trolling brown-nosing intellectually dishonest waste of time. If he wants to keep on whining and complaining about me he can (and probably will) but it makes him look immature and foolish. Newsflash: "cowardice" doesn't exist on TOL. What Stripe proves time again is that stiff-necked idiocy and a grossly inflated sense of self are quite real here. He proves as much every time he opens his mouth.

Hopefully he stops trying to hijack this thread.

Was that an apology?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't seem to understand what a sociopath is.
Are you going to tell us people who became sociopaths never had any choice but to become sociopaths? Was it determined fir them by their genes?

I lean the other way. I reckon that every man has a choice about how he acts upon his urges. And I reckon that a swift and effective justice system, in the home and in the nation, has a vital role to play in making the right choice painfully obvious. :thumb:

zoo22

Are you going to tell us people who became sociopaths never had any choice but to become sociopaths? Was it determined fir them by their genes?

:plain:

No. I was commenting that you don't seem to understand what a sociopath is.

Arthur Brain

No. I was commenting that you don't seem to understand what a sociopath is.

And apparently he still doesn't....

Btw Stripe, what was this insult that Granite made towards your wife? Strikes me you're making the whole thing up.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I googled sociopath. It's a loose term used to described a man who has no conscience. That's a state a man can only reach when he is not taught properly because everyone knows right from wrong.

Thus my criticism of granite stands. The death penalty can teach people to respect the law before they turn into sociopaths.

And he is a coward.

Arthur Brain

So I googled sociopath. It's a loose term used to described a man who has no conscience. That's a state a man can only reach when he is not taught properly because everyone knows right from wrong.

Thus my criticism of granite stands. The death penalty can teach people to respect the law before they turn into sociopaths.

And he is a coward.

Uh huh, because such conditions are simply black and white in Stripesville no doubt. :plain:

Your criticism of Granite doesn't stand in any way or form until you describe just how he insulted your wife dude. Notwithstanding the fact he's apologized if said incident actually even occurred to begin with....

So what happened, or are you just trolling with this accusation?

zoo22

Like I'd said, you don't seem to understand what a sociopath is.

But I suppose you can just as well add it to the other things you're an expert on. :)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like I'd said, you don't seem to understand what a sociopath is. But I suppose you can just as well add it to the other things you're an expert on. :)

:idunno:

Feel free to share exactly what is wrong...

zoo22

No offense, but I don't really want to get into a big conversation about it with you because I think it'll be a beating my head against a wall thing... And you'd probably feel the same. I'm not a psychologist, not an expert. I do know a fair amount about sociopaths... Though they're not really very well understood, it's definitely not as simple as being taught what's right & wrong, at least not from a standpoint of legal punishment. And while you'd put words into my mouth before, I don't necessarily believe a sociopath is born. I think it might happen, but I think they're generally created.

But I'll say that related to this killer in Norway, I don't believe that a harsher possible punishment would have made a difference.

Arthur Brain

Your accusations without evidence for a start dude. If you've a conscience yourself you'll back up such, else you're a liar and a hypocrite. After your former from times by I'd be less than surprised to find out you'd made the whole thing up. So man up, stop being a coward and state just what Granite was guilty of.

:thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Your accusations without evidence for a start dude. If you've a conscience yourself you'll back up such, else you're a liar and a hypocrite. After your former from times by I'd be less than surprised to find out you'd made the whole thing up. So man up, stop being a coward and state just what Granite was guilty of.

:thumb:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Stripe's a tar pit, Arthur. Once you start responding to him all he does is try to waste your time for as long as possible. I think it's a game for him, or something.

Arthur Brain

I wouldn't hold your breath. Stripe's a tar pit, Arthur. Once you start responding to him all he does is try to waste your time for as long as possible. I think it's a game for him, or something.

Aye. It's 'funny' how he's not even attempted to back up these accusations while asked to provide backup for them. I doubt you said anything demeaning or insulting about his wife at all dude.

:e4e:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aye. It's 'funny' how he's not even attempted to back up these accusations while asked to provide backup for them. I doubt you said anything demeaning or insulting about his wife at all dude.

:e4e:

Like I said, I thought the dude had mentioned he was looking for one, but that was a while ago. He's been on my ignore list for several years.

Considering what's been said about my wife by supposed Christians here I suggest to our Taiwanese time waster that he grow up or back up what he accused me of. But frankly, there's no need for you to play middle man here--Stripe's mission has been accomplished. We're wasting our time talking about the guy.

It'd be swell if we could return to the topic of the thread and end his little hijack.