The Trump Effect: No Jail For Hillary

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Maybe. Some around here seem to think he's lying and that it's okay to do that so long as you're not in the media. :poly:

I don't think he has lied about anything as of yet, and he may be genuine that he does not want to cause the Clintons any more pain but....

I think we should waste as much government money as possible going after another Clinton. Because among the important problems of the day that's got to be up there...and the best way to unite the country is to make it your personal mission to put your former political opponent behind bars.

No...if the Clintons have committed crimes she/they should have to answer for them like any other citizen not just have them swept aside because of who they are.:nono: I thought you were a lawyer? what happened to equal justice under the law? or is that just to passé for this day & age. Boy, liberals sure have short memories they sure were not singing the tune of mercy when Tricky Dick broke the law, they wanted his head.

That would go a long way toward mending fences with the majority of the electorate who supported her.

:plain:

Hillary Clinton did not win the majority of the electorate BTW, she won the popular vote, you can attempt to split hairs with me over the meaning of the word electorate but, the electorate in this country is comprised of the states that hold individual elections based upon the popular vote in their given state, and electoral votes of that state are awarded to the victor. Then, based upon states won, not by mob rule of the entire country's populace we elect a president...yes, under this system even states with a small populace have a say in who leads them at the executive level, it is the way our founders sought to have equal representation (who would have thought). I am sure you know all this TH (I hope anyway) but, I felt obliged for the edification of others to point out that Hillary Clinton lost fair & square in a national election under a representative republic, not pure democracy which is mob rule. Saying that... I don't feel in the least obliged to mend any fences with any of the opposition any more than they felt the need to include half the populace in the decisions rammed down the throats of every citizen & state over the course of the last 8 years...it is their turn to just deal with it, and deal with it they shall.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think he has lied about anything as of yet, and he may be genuine that he does not want to cause the Clintons any more pain but....
I actually suspect that's the case. There's little upside in pursuing it. The people who would applaud it are already in his corner.

No...if the Clintons have committed crimes she/they should have to answer for them like any other citizen
Politics is perception. The head of the FBI said it's a no go. Moving forward would look like a political vendetta.

I thought you were a lawyer?
Me too.

what happened to equal justice under the law?
Nothing yet. Comey noted the precedent. Departing from it wouldn't advance equality.

Hillary Clinton did not win the majority of the electorate BTW, she won the popular vote
The electorate is a body of people entitled to vote. That's what the popular vote records. It's not a word reserved for the Electors within the EC.

, you can attempt to split hairs with me over the meaning of the word electorate
I wasn't. I was just using it.

On the EC
it is the way our founders sought to have equal representation (who would have thought).
Equal representation would be one man/one vote, wouldn't it? The founders wanted a way to overturn popular sentiment if it was necessary (and the slave states with their odd counting of slaves in part and their owners owning the voice were a part of the consideration too).

I am sure you know all this TH (I hope anyway)
If you need a minute to work that out among you... :eek:

but, I felt obliged for the edification of others to point out that Hillary Clinton lost fair & square in a national election under a representative republic, not pure democracy which is mob rule.
Sure, though the EC has rubber stamped the popular vote all but five times in the history of the nation. But in recent memory we've had two people that more of the voters wanted to hold the office denied the office by that odd bit of imaginary line drawing. All that accomplished was to point out that the system can thwart the popular vote for no particular reason of principle and that it might be time to do away with it.

The very Earth cried out his name!
And then there's that. :eek:

Zeke

A corporation with a Republic facade is the ruse being fed to the loyal dupes/strawmen who speak with fork tongues, mere Mannequins for a repeating cycle of delusional choice for personas living in mortals Vile.

rexlunae

Now that is rich...:chuckle: So, you assert he has already started "Cashing In" on an office he does not even hold yet?

Do you think Shinzo Abe would have met failed Presidential candidate Donald Trump in his Washington DC hotel for a photo op? Do you think Ivanka would have had access to the prime minister of Japan if her daddy wasn't about to be President.

Yet, you were all in for the corrupt felon Hillary who was cashing in on her office as Secretary of State along with the mishandling of Classified material amongst other things, and Trump is corrupt? :rotfl:

That's still merely an allegation without a lot of evidence behind it.

You just hate Trump....

I don't "just" hate Trump. I hate him for cause.

that's OK, because you are correct I detest the Clintons and all the corruption & criminal behavior they stand for...heck, that they live in, it is who they are.

Strange how no one, including Trump, has ever been able to make any of those allegations stick.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Given that the man has not even taken the oath yet, he has not flip flopped on anything...If, & when he does, we will both hold his feet to the fire on what he has said but, feeding the press disinformation to keep everyone guessing only helps to keep Obama from giving the Clintons a pardon on his way out the door. Let us wait for the man to actually flip flop before we tar & feather him for something he hasn't the the power to flip flop on yet....Just saying

And here I thought that you and other Trump lemmings voted for him because of the promises he made prior to the election (silly me). How about Mitt Romney as Secretary of State? You remember him, he's that 'anti Establishment' guy that gave Obama the blueprint on how to ruin healthcare and the institution of marriage while Governor of Taxachusetts.

You and other good people have been played the fool by a professional con man. Sorry I had to break it to you this way, but the truth isn't always pretty.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Recriminalized!-Part-4&p=4867886#post4867886

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving! God still rules the earth and always will, so there is a lot to be thankful for.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I actually suspect that's the case. There's little upside in pursuing it. The people who would applaud it are already in his corner.

If justice is served than all the law abiding should applaud but, as we have seen thus far an entire voting block would rather ignore the transgressions of the elite & well connected.

Politics is perception. The head of the FBI said it's a no go. Moving forward would look like a political vendetta.

Hold that thought for when a new AG is able to decide whether a grand jury is in order.

Nothing yet. Comey noted the precedent. Departing from it wouldn't advance equality.

Comey has botched this thing six ways to Sunday, and given that the AG was colluding with the husband of the perpetrator for 45 minutes on the tarmac in Phoenix, AZ her integrity is in question as well. I believe a fresh look at the entire case as well as what the FBI has on the Clinton foundation is in order at this point. Nobody is suggesting that equality be abandoned, only that a shred of equality is applied. If Hillary is guilty she should be adjudicated, as should any co-conspiritors that may exist, and if the new President wants to pardon her after the truth is revealed than so be it but, a complete pass? Tricky Dick didn't even get away without being shamed for his crimes, nor should Hillary Clinton.

The electorate is a body of people entitled to vote. That's what the popular vote records. It's not a word reserved for the Electors within the EC.

That is not what the Constitution says as it refers to the United States, it is that whole "States" part that that people seem to be missing in this discussion.

Equal representation would be one man/one vote, wouldn't it? The founders wanted a way to overturn popular sentiment if it was necessary (and the slave states with their odd counting of slaves in part and their owners owning the voice were a part of the consideration too).

In a pure democracy yes, but in a representative republic no. The founders of this nation saw fit to make the government a mixture of individual & state interests being represented. Everyone does get one vote that counts towards the popular vote in their given state. The system has already been perverted with the passing of the highly contested 17th amendment to make Senators directly elected which was a state legislature appointed position. Senators were to represent the states & house representatives were directly elected to represent the people of the states. In the end it is the "United States" not the United populace under a central government. If you have a rub with the system you can take it up with Madison, Hamilton,or any of the founders that ratified the 12th amendment or spoke at length of why in the the federalist papers.

Sure, though the EC has rubber stamped the popular vote all but five times in the history of the nation. But in recent memory we've had two people that more of the voters wanted to hold the office denied the office by that odd bit of imaginary line drawing. All that accomplished was to point out that the system can thwart the popular vote for no particular reason of principle and that it might be time to do away with it.

You are only looking at recent events though because the span between R.B Hayes & B. Harrison who both lost the popular vote and they only spanned 12 years apart, you can be sure the losers were decrying the system then as well. In the end we do not elect the president of San Francisco, New York city, Chicago, or Los Angeles where the major populace lives we elect a president for the many that do not live in the urban areas and have an equal voice in their state under this system, even the people in rural Nebraska or North Dakota have a voice, and to deny them an equal voice through mob rule which is what you are positing creates a disservice to them & the states they reside in that may not hold the same moral, or value set as they do in San Francisco. The system works exactly how it was intended to, as the constitution allows, there is nothing to be gained by adopting a mob rule mentality except greater division and, I highly doubt you will see any groundswell of support to change it anytime soon.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And here I thought that you and other Trump lemmings voted for him because of the promises he made prior to the election (silly me). How about Mitt Romney as Secretary of State? You remember him, he's that 'anti Establishment' guy that gave Obama the blueprint on how to ruin healthcare and the institution of marriage while Governor of Taxachusetts.

You never listened to me before the election so, I guess you have also inferred that voted for Trump when really I voted against the felon Hillary, not that my vote means spit in California anyway :chuckle:. I have been pretty impressed with the cabinet picks thus far, I am not happy with a Mitt Romney appointment but, that has not happened yet either so, I will wait and see. I will however be very happy if Trump selects Cruz for SCOTUS which is being tossed around, I believe Cruz would be phenomenal in the high court...another Scolia. :thumb:

You and other good people have been played the fool by a professional con man. Sorry I had to break it to you this way, but the truth isn't always pretty.

I would say that given the appointments the man has made so far I am optimistic but, you keep on doing what you do....doom & gloom that is.

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving! God still rules the earth and always will, so there is a lot to be thankful for.

You do the same have a Happy Thanksgiving with you & yours, and yes God is good...:)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You cannot be a Trump supporter and be opposed to corruption. Trump is corrupt, he intends to cash-in on his new office "bigly", and he's already started. You just hate the Clintons.

:greedy:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-giftstore-idUSKBN13J17I

As businesses around the president-elect's glitzy New York home have had to deal with extra security and crowds reducing foot traffic sales in the lead up to Fifth Avenue’s busiest shopping weekend, Trump souvenirs have been flying off the shelves at the billionaire's gift store.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If justice is served than all the law abiding should applaud but, as we have seen thus far an entire voting block would rather ignore the transgressions of the elite & well connected.Hold that thought for when a new AG is able to decide whether a grand jury is in order.
Goes back to my point about politics.

Comey has botched this thing six ways to Sunday, and given that the AG was colluding with the husband of the perpetrator for 45 minutes on the tarmac in Phoenix, AZ her integrity is in question as well.
None of that is objectively true. It's true that you don't like Comey's staff's conclusion and that the AG had a non-clandestine conversation with the former president, but it's also true she'd already determined to follow the FBI's recommendation and there's nothing in what happened that should impugn her reputation. A hidden and planned meeting would have been another matter...though if she's following the FBI's lead it really doesn't alter anything.

I believe a fresh look at the entire case as well as what the FBI has on the Clinton foundation is in order at this point. Nobody is suggesting that equality be abandoned, only that a shred of equality is applied.
Rather, someone comfortable with crying felon is doing his best to sound fair, but that horse is long out of the barn. You want a do over and another result. I understand it, but I think that would be the actual inequity, given. The foundation is another matter entirely. Look it up and down. If Trump's charitable works can be scrutinized, why not the Clintons? Actually, any charity should be subject to it.

If Hillary is guilty she should be adjudicated, as should any co-conspiritors that may exist, and if the new President wants to pardon her after the truth is revealed than so be it but, a complete pass? Tricky Dick didn't even get away without being shamed for his crimes, nor should Hillary Clinton.
That was a bit of a change up. Nixon didn't wait on the opposing party to come to power. Ford cut prosecutorial efforts off at the knees because he thought it would be in the best interest of the nation. Given the divisiveness of this election, the way the popular vote broke down and in light of the FBI's report after examining the actions within the scope of precedent, I'd say this president could make a similar determination. And he might even be doing Trump a favor by it.

That is not what the Constitution says as it refers to the United States, it is that whole "States" part that that people seem to be missing in this discussion.
Pick up a Merriam-Webster. I used the term appropriately. If you like the EC that's another matter. I don't see that it has accomplished anything more than thwarting the will of the people a handful of times. The last two had nothing to do with the founders concerns, had much more to do with how you subdivide that will to produce an outcome at odds with it. I'd do away with it.

In a pure democracy yes, but in a representative republic no.
The EC isn't necessitated by the Republic. Look, I understand why the decision was made to create it, why popular vote was considered and ultimately rejected and the initial ideas are sensible, but the concerns are largely outdated by technology. Before mass communication was possible the founders were concerned that you'd essentially have popular sons in states or regions supported by their area of the country and this would make it nearly impossible to elect a president with a popular majority. Most people would have thin to no real exposure to competing candidates, couldn't then really make an informed decision. Technology has eliminated that concern. Slavery and suffrage have been dealt with. There's not a particularly compelling reason to keep the EC now.

To my mind the real question is: is there sufficient reason to go through the trouble to eliminate it given that as I noted the popular vote and the electoral vote have only contrasted as an outcome five times in the nation's history, and given getting rid of it would take a Constitutional convention. That's a lot of work for an exception, though given the importance of the exception, maybe its enough even so.

In the end we do not elect the president of San Francisco, New York city, Chicago, or Los Angeles where the major populace lives we elect a president for the many that do not live in the urban areas and have an equal voice in their state under this system, even the people in rural Nebraska or North Dakota have a voice, and to deny them an equal voice through mob rule which is what you are positing creates a disservice to them & the states
That's just a way to suggest the few should have more power than the many or that land should should be given a vote. We have a Congress and a House that are popularly elected to represent the regional and more narrow interests. The president is supposed to represent the whole. Nothing represents the whole better than a pure expression of their will. And one man's mob is another's "We, the people."

jeffblue101

If justice is served than all the law abiding should applaud but, as we have seen thus far an entire voting block would rather ignore the transgressions of the elite & well connected.

so true. They only want to hold rebulicans accountable and not their own.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Goes back to my point about politics.

Maybe in your mind, in mine it is just the even hand of justice regardless of social status or political position. We agree to disagree...

None of that is objectively true. It's true that you don't like Comey's staff's conclusion and that the AG had a non-clandestine conversation with the former president, but it's also true she'd already determined to follow the FBI's recommendation and there's nothing in what happened that should impugn her reputation.

Non-Clandestine? Please....were you or I privy to the subject of this meeting? what was discussed, other than the nonsense that they said they discussed, which in & of itself is not verifiable. It was completely inappropriate, and Lynch compromised herself in even allowing such a private meeting with the husband of the person being investigated, aside from anything Comey has done.

A hidden and planned meeting would have been another matter...though if she's following the FBI's lead it really doesn't alter anything.

So, it is now appropriate for that the relatives of people being investigated to have private meetings with the judge that will decide whether they are prosecuted or not now? That doesn't sound nefarious in the least. :plain:

Rather, someone comfortable with crying felon is doing his best to sound fair, but that horse is long out of the barn. You want a do over and another result. I understand it, but I think that would be the actual inequity, given. The foundation is another matter entirely. Look it up and down. If Trump's charitable works can be scrutinized, why not the Clintons? Actually, any charity should be subject to it.

I wasn't aware that Trump was under any federal investigation for his charitable foundation, or where & how the monies were derived. I don't want a do over TH, I want the entire affair to see a federal grand jury, and allow them to decide whether there is sufficient evidence that crimes were committed instead of dubious political figures deciding what is, and is not considered criminal...you know actual justice...just call me old fashioned.

That was a bit of a change up. Nixon didn't wait on the opposing party to come to power. Ford cut prosecutorial efforts off at the knees because he thought it would be in the best interest of the nation. Given the divisiveness of this election, the way the popular vote broke down and in light of the FBI's report after examining the actions within the scope of precedent, I'd say this president could make a similar determination. And he might even be doing Trump a favor by it.

Let Obama pardon her then, it is a public admission of guilt from where I am standing but, like Watergate there may be plenty of players outside of Hillary Clinton as well. You remember, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell and Dean? their names are imprinted on my brain, and you can be sure that if crimes were committed with the Clinton Foundation Obama may have to issue a lot of pardons to bury it, maybe even one for himself....one never knows how deep these things go.

Pick up a Merriam-Webster. I used the term appropriately. If you like the EC that's another matter. I don't see that it has accomplished anything more than thwarting the will of the people a handful of times. The last two had nothing to do with the founders concerns, had much more to do with how you subdivide that will to produce an outcome at odds with it. I'd do away with it.

I am not contesting your use of the word because in this discussion we are both correct. The will of the people has not been thwarted unless the the constitution is violated. Your rub is with the founders, the constitution, and the reasons why they chose a representative republic over a pure democracy. You either don't understand why the founders saw fit to have a mix of direct & indirect elections for a mixture of state & populace interests or you just disagree with the reasoning either way that ship left the port over 200 years ago, and the current system has served us well...at least some of us I guess.

The EC isn't necessitated by the Republic. Look, I understand why the decision was made to create it, why popular vote was considered and ultimately rejected and the initial ideas are sensible, but the concerns are largely outdated by technology. Before mass communication was possible the founders were concerned that you'd essentially have popular sons in states or regions supported by their area of the country and this would make it nearly impossible to elect a president with a popular majority. Most people would have thin to no real exposure to competing candidates, couldn't then really make an informed decision. Technology has eliminated that concern. Slavery and suffrage have been dealt with. There's not a particularly compelling reason to keep the EC now.

Not so fast, certainly suffrage & slavery were a consideration but, even a casual reading of Federalist 10 paints an entirely different picture. Madison speaks at length about the failings of countries that espoused "pure democracy" or "mob rule", he also wanted to keep majority "factions" of the populace from infringing on the individual rights of others. That through the use of electors representative of the states where popular votes were cast, and that they would cast those votes by state for the executive branch ie. representative of the populace of each state not of the entire nation eliminating factions that are congregated in highly populated areas. There are a lot of moving parts to the decision to have a representative republic over pure democracy than technology, slavery, or suffrage, there were deeper concerns over factions of the populace destroying the republic. I believe the system worked just as designed, no constitutional change required...we agree to disagree here as well.

To my mind the real question is: is there sufficient reason to go through the trouble to eliminate it given that as I noted the popular vote and the electoral vote have only contrasted as an outcome five times in the nation's history, and given getting rid of it would take a Constitutional convention. That's a lot of work for an exception, though given the importance of the exception, maybe its enough even so.

I have addressed it above, and I believe that it is a mistake to change the design of the country, in fact I believe that it could destroy the nation from within to stray too far from the original design & intent.

That's just a way to suggest the few should have more power than the many or that land should should be given a vote. We have a Congress and a House that are popularly elected to represent the regional and more narrow interests. The president is supposed to represent the whole. Nothing represents the whole better than a pure expression of their will. And one man's mob is another's "We, the people."

No, it is to suggest that all voters saw their votes reflected by the state where they congregate and that the minority still have a voice, though small in the states where they congregate,even their "narrow interests" get heard. I would also add that if liberals are not willing to get on board with voter I.D. laws to assure that everyone voting is legally entitled to vote than the accuracy of the popular vote is already in question...especially in states over run with illegal aliens, sanctuary cities, & the like.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe in your mind, in mine it is just the even hand of justice regardless of social status or political position. We agree to disagree...
Except you disagree when its this AG and this FBI director and this president. So that's political.

And that's why the best thing the president could do for Trump would be to take the football out of his hands.

Non-Clandestine?
Right. Wasn't it in passing at an airport?

Please....were you or I privy to the subject of this meeting?
Nope. Doesn't have anything to do with it not being clandestine. Look, if they wanted to have a conversation no one knew about it wouldn't be that difficult.

So, it is now appropriate for that the relatives of people being investigated to have private meetings with the judge that will decide whether they are prosecuted or not now? That doesn't sound nefarious in the least. :plain:
Nefarious? Not unless you're inclined to see it that way. I thought it was inappropriate and I'd have waved the president off, politely. But then, again, she'd already decided to go with the FBI and for all I know that's exactly what she told him.

I wasn't aware that Trump was under any federal investigation for his charitable foundation
I don't know if he's under federal investigation. I know his charity is being investigated in New York and that a number of Dems in the House Judiciary sent a letter requesting an investigation by the AG. My point being that no charity should be above scrutiny.

I don't want a do over TH,
That's literally what you're asking for.

I want the entire affair to see a federal grand jury, and allow them to decide whether there is sufficient evidence that crimes were committed instead of dubious political figures deciding what is, and is not considered criminal...you know actual justice...just call me old fashioned.
I'd call you partisan. Grand juries are convened by prosecutors, who look over the evidence and decide whether or not they believe one should be convened.

Let Obama pardon her then, it is a public admission of guilt from where I am standing
But then, you already called her a felon, so...

but, like Watergate there may be plenty of players outside of Hillary Clinton as well. You remember, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell and Dean? their names are imprinted on my brain, and you can be sure that if crimes were committed with the Clinton Foundation Obama may have to issue a lot of pardons to bury it, maybe even one for himself....one never knows how deep these things go.
Maybe even one for himself? Thanks for underlying my point about partisan politics and rebutting this whole, "I just want to see a fair examination" routine you had going.

I am not contesting your use of the word because in this discussion we are both correct.
Okay, but I didn't start talking about the word to begin with. I just used it.

The will of the people has not been thwarted unless the the constitution is violated.
That's a word game. Like saying that if the jury decides a guy is guilty, if the system lets the judge overturn their verdict the jury's will hasn't been thwarted. Of course it has. It's just legal. So you can say that the system worked as it is permitted to, but you can't say the will of the people was heard in it, because that will was expressed at the ballot box.

Your rub is with the founders
Yes and no...that is, I agree with them when they found it necessary. But as I noted their reasoning on the point, it's undone by technology now.

You either don't understand why the founders saw fit to have a mix of direct & indirect elections for a mixture of state & populace interests or you just disagree with the reasoning
Or, I understood the necessity then and don't see any of it now.

either way that ship left the port over 200 years ago, and the current system has served us well...at least some of us I guess.
That's as goofy as someone saying, "Sorry you can't vote, black people, but we decided that and so..."

Not so fast, certainly suffrage & slavery were a consideration but, even a casual reading of Federalist 10 paints an entirely different picture. Madison speaks at length about the failings of countries that espoused "pure democracy" or "mob rule", he also wanted to keep majority "factions" of the populace from infringing on the individual rights of others.
Any number of people were uneasy about that, but you're conflating the entire system with a discussion of the EC and its support.

There are a lot of moving parts to the decision to have a representative republic over pure democracy than technology, slavery, or suffrage, there were deeper concerns over factions of the populace destroying the republic. I believe the system worked just as designed, no constitutional change required...we agree to disagree here as well.
I doubt you'd feel as strongly about it if two conservative presidents with popular majorites had been denied the office by system within the past couple of decades.

In my case, I think the utility it served has been met otherwise. And I'm not suggesting a revisit to this election. I mean we should consider eliminating it going forward.

No, it is to suggest that all voters saw their votes reflected by the state where they congregate
But they don't. Most states swallow the votes of the minority (even a 49% minority) and pretend the will of the state is a support for the tipping point system. The only real difference between what I'm talking about and what you're comfortable with is where the individual loses power. You're fine with it stopping at the state, which as we've seen can lead to multiple presidents that most people don't want. I want the buck to stop at the national level, eliminating that potential.

And as I noted and you agree, the regional and more narrow interests are strongly represented in another branch of government.

I would also add that if liberals are not willing to get on board with voter I.D. laws to assure that everyone voting is legally entitled to vote than the accuracy of the popular vote is already in question...especially in states over run with illegal aliens, sanctuary cities, & the like.
The push back on I.D. laws were mostly over the perception that conservatives were attempting to institute them to make it harder for the poor to vote. There aren't any serious studies that have noted the sort of voter fraud photo I.D.'s would attack are actually a problem in the system. Meanwhile, the avenues that help conservatives, like absentee ballots, go unaddressed.

Or, most of the 21 million Americans who would be impacted by photo voter ID laws are people who don't have government issued photo IDs. I'd say if we're going to have that requirement we should have a grace period during which the government assists those without one in acquiring it and/or providing one where poverty or fixed income wouldn't permit it else. Otherwise, the government just instituted a poll tax, indirectly.

If you're okay with that phase in, then I'm in, even in the face of no real report that indicates that sort of fraud is a problem. I'd also argue we should move election day to Saturday, so that working people can have an easier time casting their vote. Or open the process across a weekend.

Last edited:

glorydaz

glorydaz

Likewise.

I'd said he would not follow through on that - because he and Bill made huge fortunes on that stock market swindle he pulled on all those people who bought shares.

Not much hope left on my end for his making good on his promises.

Just admit it...you've been a never Trumper from the get go. There is nothing on God's green earth that would cause you to look at what he does with a clear eye.

glorydaz

Like the battered wife - "but he provides for his family - besides; he puts me in the hospital only on weekends - you just don't understand him like I do...."

Yours is Battered Trump Supporter Syndrome.

Of course anyone speaking up is perceived by you as an your enemy - you're self-deluded; you fool.

Click whirr...

Look out, Danoh, your hypocrisy is showing through. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Prosecuting anyone is not the job of a President. Just because he isn't interested does not mean an Attorney General can't investigate and bring charges. Were he to say he's for it, there'd be no end of the media screeching "Nixon enemy list!" Let her get seriously investigated and charged, or else utterly forgotten. Either way the Clinton crime empire is largely neutralized, and that's the good thing.

:first: