The Trump Effect: No Jail For Hillary

rexlunae

Everyone wants to talk smack about the electoral college, as if it was put in place to override the interest of the country :AMR:
But the EC is a brilliant and necessary mechanism which the Founding Fathers put in place for many reasons and should be respected. A popular vote does not make the best option for President alone.

If it's so necessary, why are we the only nation that uses such a system? And what is the horrible thing that it prevents from happening?

Pure democracy is an intrinsically broken system of government, and there is a substantial amount of literature on that by the FF's themselves.

You realize that no alternative to the EC would be "pure democracy", right? The EC, and the districting process, both amount to a huge bias in favor of lower-population areas.

Historically, never in the country's history have these two things so distorted representation in Washington. We need to drain the swamp....of the things that empower rural know-nothings.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If it's so necessary, why are we the only nation that uses such a system? And what is the horrible thing that it prevents from happening?

We are also the only country in which half of it isn't being ignored. It prevents tyranny of the majority and corruption in elections, among other things.

You all are just mad because it didn't work out in your favor- you're all acting like a bunch of crybabies :chuckle:

Danoh

We are also the only country in which half of it isn't being ignored. It prevents tyranny of the majority and corruption in elections, among other things.

You all are just mad because it didn't work out in your favor- you're all acting like a bunch of crybabies :chuckle:

You might have something there - as I predicted, Clinton won (the popular vote) by a landslide - two million plus and still counting.

Then again, we've ended up with the other equally ill-informed half of tyranny :chuckle:

rexlunae

We are also the only country in which half of it isn't being ignored.

You sure about that? Seems to me that nearly all of the campaigning takes place in a handful of states and districts that are considered "purple". You're right that it isn't half. 80-90% of the country goes mostly ignored, urban and rural alike.

Someday, we should actually do something about that. Ranked-choice vote with multi-member districts would do a far better job of representing everyone.

It prevents tyranny of the majority and corruption in elections, among other things.

And instead, we have a tyranny of the minority. Yeah, that's so much better.

I've never supported the EC, or most of the electoral structures in the US that allow politicians to pick their voters rather than the other way around. Would I be thrilled if an undemocratic system prevented rather enabled a neo-Nazi winning an election. Yes I would, and with no shame. But if you buy into the premise of democracy, which I do, with a handful of reservations, an outcome where the person with the most votes doesn't win is unjustifiable, even if in some hypothetical case, it leads to a better outcome.

Also, I can only imagine how you'd react if your candidate won the popular vote and lost the election due to the EC.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You might have something there - as I predicted, Clinton won (the popular vote) by a landslide - two million plus and still counting.

I don't really count 'less than one percent majority' a 'landslide', and neither did the Founding Fathers.

Hillary did a whole lot of bribing, gerrymandering, bullying- the list goes on. And then Russia was scapegoated on rather then accountability being taken.
That is why the EC was put in place- the fact of the matter is that you all have gotten your way for so long that you can't stomach the idea of things going the other way. The EC worked out in the Left's favor before and there was no complaint, so I think yall should just can it :wave2:

Danoh

I don't really count 'less than one percent majority' a 'landslide', and neither did the Founding Fathers.

Hillary did a whole lot of bribing, gerrymandering, bullying- the list goes on. And then Russia was scapegoated on rather then accountability being taken.
That is why the EC was put in place- the fact of the matter is that you all have gotten your way for so long that you can't stomach the idea of things going the other way. The EC worked out in the Left's favor before and there was no complaint, so I think yall should just can it :wave2:

No Left here. No Right either.

But leave it to either of the two to see one as one or the other.

Reminds me of Gross Nick's idiotic question - "what church do you go to?"

At least your ignorance is consistent :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm disappointed.

I am as well, Tam. The Clinton's are getting away with all forms of criminality. They don't deserve a pardon. They are "Unrepentant Criminals" and will continue being so, if not punished for their misdeeds.
Especially, with that criminals enterprise: The Clinton Foundation. That's their personal "Piggy Bank."

Danoh

I dare you to come up with anything I parroted oh ever projecting one .

You said the same thing when you asked for evidence of Trump's past and then ignored it.

As for the parrot thing. Musti called me a Leftist just before you did - parrot :chuckle:

Seriously, your fool vote is no skin off my back; I'm already profiting from Trump's election, as he is not for the working class you fools voted for him for, in your self-delusion he is, out of your willing failure to do your homework on the man.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's not like Trump is pardoning them. He said he wasn't taking the investigations off the table. What would you do in this situation? Press charges on Hillary and have Obama pardon her? Gotta wait till he's president!

True. He has to wait until he's in office.

Danoh

It's not like Trump is pardoning them. He said he wasn't taking the investigations off the table. What would you do in this situation? Press charges on Hillary and have Obama pardon her? Gotta wait till he's president!

You poor thing; you're suffering from Trump Supporter Syndrome.

Click whirr...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You sure about that? Seems to me that nearly all of the campaigning takes place in a handful of states and districts that are considered "purple". You're right that it isn't half. 80-90% of the country goes mostly ignored, urban and rural alike.

Hillary winning the election would have meant a continual ignoring and treading on of the frustrated people in this country. Trump winning is what America is all about- balance.

I'm sure you'll try to weasel a way to undermine that reality, as that is what you people do, but the reality is that if you look at the demographics, Hillary won in mostly high infrastructure areas- this 'inside crowd' issue, where your liberal colleges and media manipulate society, is why EC was put in place.

In other words,
If California sunk into the ocean, the Democratic party would be permanently defunct. Maybe you need to stop being a one-sided moron and realize that your liberal bias does not have rule on it's own merit.

rexlunae

Hillary winning the election would have meant a continual ignoring and treading on of the frustrated people in this country.

Seems like Obama saved the auto industry. Which states did that have the most impact on?

Trump winning is what America is all about-

Fear of black people and women?

Yes, I think you're right there.

- balance.

Ah, right, balance. Gotta balance out the first black President with a KKK President.

I'm sure you'll try to weasel a way to undermine that reality, as that is what you people do, but the reality is that if you look at the demographics, Hillary won in mostly high infrastructure areas- this 'inside crowd' issue, where your liberal colleges and media manipulate society, is why EC was put in place.

I'm not sure where you're getting that.

In other words,
If California sunk into the ocean, the Democratic party would be permanently defunct.

And if Texas were sunk into the ocean, the Republican party would be permanently defunct. On the other hand, Texas was looking surprising close before Comey decided to intervene.

Maybe you need to stop being a one-sided moron and realize that your liberal bias does not have rule on it's own merit.

"have rule"...could you restate that in English, please?