The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
She needs to get rid of the victim flag and...

Wait for it
...Wait...for...it

#Surrender

#Spiritual pun
Don't hold your breath.
She spends more time at this site defending herself than anything else.

Get a load of this one:
Every thing I say is scripture.
It's a laugh per minute when GT is around!

God's Truth

GT,

I'm taking your premise and walking around the block with it. Tell me if my logic is off here:

IF a believer must continue in obedience unto the end of this earthly life, else be lost forever, THEN the following stand to reason:

1. Such a person cannot have been forgiven all sins -- the potential to commit the ultimate, damning sin of apostasy/falling away remains hanging over his head;

2. Such a person cannot have been justified, given point 1.

Is that chain of reasoning consistent as far as it goes?

That is far off, for if a saved person sins, then he must ask for forgiveness for doing that sin.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

musterion

She said she never heard a Calvinist say what we both said that Calvinism teaches about unbelievers being saved in that state of unbelief. By the way, it doesn't matter if the Calvinists deny that truth or not, for most in false denominations deny the implications of what they teach.

I won't presume to speak for Tam but just to make sure I am clear:

Paul says that God absolutely does save unbelievers THROUGH faith because salvation is impossible without faith.

Calvinism says God saves elect unbelievers BEFORE faith, because faith is impossible without salvation.

It's completely backward and perverse.

God's Truth

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

It's so easy to prove her wrong over and over and over again.
And then watch her repeat her falsehoods over and over and over again.

Jesus did not tell EVERYONE forever never tell anyone about him.

Do you have any reasoning skills at all?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
She said she never heard a Calvinist say what we both said that Calvinism teaches about unbelievers being saved in that state of unbelief. By the way, it doesn't matter if the Calvinists deny that truth or not, for most in false denominations deny the implications of what they teach.
He can see what I said, GT.
He doesn't have me on ignore.
He doesn't need your opinion of what you think I said.

Or I could use one of your gazillion worthless zingers:

It is not as you say just because you say so.​

This is fun.

God's Truth

I won't presume to speak for Tam but just to make sure I am clear:

Paul says that God absolutely does save unbelievers THROUGH faith because salvation is impossible without faith.

Calvinism says God saves elect unbelievers BEFORE faith, because faith is impossible without salvation.

It's completely backward and perverse.

That is what I said. However, go read what Tambora said, she said she never met a Calvinist who said that.

Whether or not a Calvinist says that, it means nothing; and, her using that as a reply to what I said is just instigation against the truth that I spoke.

musterion

That is far off, for if a saved person sins, then he must ask for forgiveness for doing that sin.

No, that proves I'm right because you just brought us via a shortcut to the same point as above: if a saved person must confess each sin in order for it to be forgiven else he won't STAY saved, then he is in fact not ACTUALLY saved in the Biblical usage of the word -- SAFE -- because he may yet fail to confess sins and thereby be damned.

That is the inescapable logic of your position. You do not believe in salvation as Paul said it; complete forgiveness and justification in Christ.

You (and most of TOL) believe in PROBATION...eternity depending upon your conduct.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
That is what I said. However, go read what Tambora said, she said she never met a Calvinist who said that.

Whether or not a Calvinist says that, it means nothing; and, her using that as a reply to what I said is just instigation against the truth that I spoke.
Your denial of what you are doing is no defense.

This is fun.

God's Truth

No, that proves I'm right because you just brought us via a shortcut to the same point as above: if a saved person must confess each sin in order for it to be forgiven else he won't STAY saved, then he is in fact not ACTUALLY saved in the Biblical usage of the word -- SAFE -- because he may yet fail to confess sins and thereby be damned.

That is the inescapable logic of your position. You do not believe in salvation as Paul said it; complete forgiveness and justification in Christ.

You (and most of TOL) believe in PROBATION...eternity depending upon your conduct.

That is not what I am saying.

Jesus chooses to save those he saves.

The gospel message is sent to those who fear God and do what is right.

God looks at our heart before He saves us, and Jesus teaches us how to make our heart and prepare it for him to make his home there.

We are told by John the baptizer, Jesus Christ Himself, all the Apostles, and Paul too that we must turn to God, have faith in Jesus and repent of our sins.

After we are saved, Jesus lives to intercede for us...he is interceding for us...he is our High Priest.

If you sin and keep sinning and do not talk to God about it and do not work out your salvation and do not train yourself and do not live a life worthy of what you received---then what kind of salvation do you think you have anyway?

musterion

Hey GT,

We are not friends

Why do you just come to put me down?

images

Meshak Kong vs GodzTruthZilla

Status
Not open for further replies.