The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Now...... [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION] walks up to the house of Calvinism with a piece of paper, hammer and nail. He looks at its well trafficked door and places the piece of paper as high as he can reach. He takes the single nail and pins the top of the piece of paper to the door. The Hammer swings back and... "Bang, Bang, Bang". The 6 Theses hang on the door as simple, irrefutable scriptural truths.

1: Is God a promoter of Sin? Absolutely Not
Scripture for 1
2: Let no man teach you
Scripture for 2
3: Let your yes be yes and your no be no, anything else is from the evil one
Scripture for 3
4: God shows no favoritism
Scripture for 4
5: God is Love
Scripture for 5
6: Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.
Scripture for 6

....... Simple, Straight from scripture and Fully Defensible by every word of scripture.

Before you laugh and think 6 scripture references can't put Calvinism in Check Mate, I will explain.

1: Is God a promoter of Sin? Absolutely Not

The concept of "free will" is the key to this Galatians reference.

2: Let no man teach you

The defense of any extra biblical document as entry into scholarly, theological debate is rendered as heresy by this simple 1 John reference.

3: Let your yes be yes and your no be no, anything else is from the evil one

This Matthew reference fully destroys a doctrine based believer's ability to skirt around any direct question with a wall of theological effort.

4: God shows no favoritism

This James reference is razor sharp and when used in conjunction with 1 - 3, it becomes impossible to defend the doctrine of election and reprobation.

5: God is Love

Calvinism must narrow the scope of God's Love to support its claim that God specifically created and reprobated certain persons to "eternal" punishment. This 1 John reference makes it impossible to deny that Love is God's supreme attribute. (Note: Calvin taught eternal hell fire, thus it is impossible to soften this from reformed doctrine)

6: Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.

This excerpt from 1st Corinthians makes it irrefutable that God's Love has no bounds or limits.

Together, these simple scriptures force concession, denial of biblical truth or acknowledgement that Reformed Theology is just another doctrine of men that divides believers with dishonest assertions.

Link to my fully disclosed motivation for posting this

In-depth disclosure of my full motivation

To be direct... All 6 work interchangeably together (flawlessly) as crossed swords that are poised to undo the Spiritual damage that this doctrine, that is named after a man, has done.

Bottom line purpose and stance of this OP edited in due to Slander against its validity.

Bah . . .

Making false accusations against Christians is never "Truth." It is devilish in intent.

I do not assert that anyone that proclaims the blood of Christ is anything but a Christian. I am challenging a hyphenated addition of baggage.

The core OP asserts that the extra biblical additions of Calvinism cannot stand when confronted with these 6 simple truths in scripture.

I am clearly contesting admission of the reformed commentary, Calvin's Institutes and The Westminster Confessions of Faith into any legitimate debate. Read more closely before you casually dismiss my assertions.

Scripture has been provided and scripture free of added commentary has been challenged to be brought back that contest's my assertion.

Whatever the proper way to say this is, no Calvinist here has displayed a passion for scripture by refuting this with scripture, but a passion for Calvin.

Something is wrong with Calvinisms perpetual proclaimation of Calvinism.

It's JESUS, not calvin that saves us.

perhaps we without faith in doctrines of men can stand united on this matter, despite our collective theological and personal division.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
3: Matthew 5:37

#
giphy.gif

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You know why so many people hate Calvinism? Because Calvinism is like a pitcher net- now matter how hard you throw something at it, it just comes flying right back in your face.

And that makes people mad :chuckle:

It's infallible because it is the gospel behind the Gospel- it is the reflection of God's will. Reformed Christianity is what it's name is, everything else is just flaky nonsense :wave2:

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
OP, EE, well said! :)

I don't know what's worse- the fact that a person can manage to make such a top-down fiction of scripture, or that a person actually believes they can refute the Reformation with a few verses :chuckle:

The Catholic Church couldn't do it- and you're all not going to do it. The entire premise of Calvinism is smeared on this thread- it's what you all have to regularly do before you can even begin to speak against it. It's the ultimate straw man :wave2:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what's worse- the fact that a person can manage to make such a top-down fiction of scripture, or that a person actually believes they can refute the Reformation with a few verses :chuckle:

The Catholic Church couldn't do it- and you're all not going to do it. The entire premise of Calvinism is smeared on this thread- it's what you all have to regularly do before you can even begin to speak against it. It's the ultimate straw man :wave2:

Doctrines of Straw men make easy theological kindling.

Prove, assert, or discredit my OP with scripture.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

No actual context or scripture to your assertions.

At current I'm saying it looks like this:

giphy.gif

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Prove, assert, or discredit my OP with scripture.

First you need to correctly identify the theology you are contending to actually contend it.

-Calvinism is not a rejection of free will, it is an exposition on predestination. Man will choose good with the assistance of grace, and wickedness when grace is absent.

-The Reformed doctrine of 'Total Depravity' means there is nothing sufficient of man's free will which God can favor.

-A person's faith is reliant upon God's drawing. John clearly quotes Jesus "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him (John 6:44). And that is not the only time it is spoken, it is an underlying message throughout the NT expressing Christ's sovereignty.

-God cannot justify evil, which is actually a central issue the Reformists brought up to the Catholic Church's 'Infusion' doctrine. Infusion is a concept of gaining and losing salvation through acts of obedience or mortal sin- within that, God is consistently calling the unsaved saved and the saved unsaved.

That is where predestination really makes it's mark in theology.

So
You need to go understand why Imputed Righteousness, the reformed approach to their Infusion, requires Calvinist doctrine to work.

daqq

It has already been done: even AMR could not refute it.
Esau man is the old man nature: put him to death or die with him. :wave2:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
First you need to correctly identify the theology you are contending to actually contend it.

-Calvinism is not a rejection of free will, it is an exposition on predestination. Man will choose good with the assistance of grace, and wickedness when grace is absent.

-The Reformed doctrine of 'Total Depravity' means there is nothing sufficient of man's free will which God can favor.

-A person's faith is reliant upon God's drawing. John clearly quotes Jesus "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him (John 6:44). And that is not the only time it is spoken, it is an underlying message throughout the NT expressing Christ's sovereignty.

-God cannot justify evil, which is actually a central issue the Reformists brought up to the Catholic Church's 'Infusion' doctrine. Infusion is a concept of gaining and losing salvation through acts of obedience or mortal sin- within that, God is consistently calling the unsaved saved and the saved unsaved.

That is where predestination really makes it's mark in theology.

So
You need to go understand why Imputed Righteousness, the reformed approach to their Infusion, requires Calvinist doctrine to work.

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] has submitted a very solid scriptural challenge for you.

As for EE, as I am getting called;
[MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION]

No

1 John 2:27
Matthew 5:37

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.